National Instruments Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Instruments Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at National Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Pretty laid back. Standard questions such as your strengths/weaknesses

Interview Questions

• Shuffle cards. Make sure to go through your logical process.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

I met the representatives of NI at our Career Fair and expressed my interest in the Software position. They were interviewing the following two days and had interview slots available. I spoke to them about my leadership roles, friends of mine who work at NI, projects I've completed and my software skills. They were impressed and invited me to come to the Info Session they were having later that day. I went to their presentation about the company, intern and full-time roles and things to do in the Austin area. I met the recruiter again and he told me he would call me later that evening to confirm the interview time. One disadvantage I had was that I only had 12 hours to prepare for the interview (including sleep) because the interview was scheduled for the following morning. He suggested the interview would be based on Object-oriented programming and also contain some resume based questions.

Interview Questions

• The first few questions he asked in the interview were about my projects and my leadership experience with the IEEE and a specific classes and objects question.   2 Answers
    • The question was that if he wanted me to represent a deck of cards (52), with four suits - how would I write code to allow him to perform a) shuffling of the cards and b)picking out the top card for him.   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

Campus Interview - Contacted the same day as career fair. Interviewers are friendly. There is really not much to a first-round interview as long as you remember you basic data structures.

Interview Questions

• They want you to use data structures instead of recursive approaches   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National Instruments (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Initial screening round consisting of aptitude-based questions followed by a 3-hour coding round.
    Then I was called for an interview where I was given one problem statement (implementation was related to their labview software). This was then followed by a HR round.

Interview Questions

• Given a character array, calculate the minimum no. of jumps from 1st alphabet to reach the last alphabet.
      CRITERION: From a given character, you can either:
      1. Jump to the adjacent character
      2. Jump to the same character positioned in a different place   3 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

I had a one hour phone interview that consisted of one behavioural question followed by a quick Q&A of basic programming knowledge (e.g.- how to allocate memory in C), and finally three detailed technical questions. The person who interviewed me was not the person I was told would be interviewing me. The interviewer I had was very rude, the way he phrased questions was intimidating and he made it difficult to maintain a flow of conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a bug you fixed and make the story last ten minutes.
      How would you design implementation for a deck of cards.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

I was shortlisted to interview for full-time employment due to doing well on an internship interview, although I was not selected for internship due to visa issues.

I was flown onsite and had a full day of 3 different interviews. Meals and accomodations were provided.

Interview Questions

• Points are passed in to a function. In your choice of language, determine whether these points are contained in an arbitrary circular area.   Answer Question