National Instruments Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Instruments Test Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at National Instruments

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Instruments (Lubbock, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I met NI at my school's career job fair. I spoke to a representative,handed over my resume and was given a call back for a followup interview. The follow up interview was about 2 days later. it was a one on one interview with a representative. About 2 weeks later, I received a phone call congratulating me on the offer.

Interview Questions

• Basic RLC circuit transfer function derivation.
    Transfer function of a passive filter   1 Answer
  • Behavioral questions,such as; challenges you overcame, ideas you implemented on a project etc   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for National Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Spoke with recruiters at university career fair and earned an interview the next morning on campus. Initial interview was about half an hour long and consisted of half behavioral questions and half technical questions. About a month later, they reached out to set up an on-site interview. They paid for travel, the hotel stay, and gave a per diem. The interview process started early in the morning with breakfast and a quick tour. There were three interviews with engineers from different departments, consisting of mostly technical questions, and a follow up interview with someone from HR.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would go about finding a signal using an oscilloscope.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments.

Interview

On Campus Interview. The interview lasted an hour and consisted of half behavioral and half technical questions. The behavioral questions were simple but the technical questions were kind of difficult as the questions asked I haven't taken the course for yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Instruments (Lubbock, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The process involved me interviewing at my school. They asked some technical questions.The annoying part was they initially declined to offer me an internship. They called me several weeks later to offer me the internship, then two weeks after that, they rescinded the offer. This was not an enjoyable experience for me. Luckily, no one called me in the mean time with another internship offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX).

Interview

Phone screen first which is at similar difficult level as to what they will ask for on-site interview .
    The hard part for on-site interview is preparing a 45 minutes technical presentations to a group of audience.
    One on one interviews are followed, and they usually have similar questions.

Interview Questions

• decibel calculations, measurement techniques and interpretations, low pass filter, zener diode, selecting resistors   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Lubbock, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview at Texas Tech University. There were two interviewers, both in RF Test Engineering. I met both of the interviewers previously, one at the info session and the other in my project lab class where he was watching us do project presentations. The overall experience was very good, the interviewers were very personable and easy to relate to.

Interview Questions

• Draw a non-inverting amplifier. Some basic questions about basic circuits like this and some graphing signal waveforms/transforms questions. Also a simple programming question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Internship interview. Lasted 45 minutes, first 15 minutes were reserved for the behavioral interview and the rest of the time was filled with technical questions regarding, bit operations, logic equations, and a few problems regarding testing some embedded systems by interfacing buttons and LEDs to respond on outside physical events.

Interview Questions

• You have two 16 bit registers A and B. How would you use just those two registers and what operations are needed to compute A - B and storing the result in either A or B. Use assembly to compute the result.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Instruments (Austin, TX).

Interview

Called me to setup a phone interview. Very basic questions like explain the process of one time when you debugged a system and talk about one time when you and people you are working with had an difference and how you solved it. Then HR told me a little about the job and told me they'll respond in a few days.