O.C. Tanner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview, followed by an in person interview where I paired with the other candidate. We worked on refactoring some java code, and then we talked with the manager and other team members about how we felt we did and how the other person did.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to rate how I did, and how the other candidate did.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online, received an email from a recruiter asking to setup a time for a phone interview with two other PdMs; call scheduled and when the time came, only 1 of the PdMs was on the call. We spoke for approximately 30 minutes and at the end he said he wanted to bring me in for a face to face, I say great, when/how will this be setup? He told me the same recruiter would contact me. No one has contacted me, no system email, nothing to-date. I'm disappointed at this experience especially at a company that prides itself on employee appreciation would not inform potential candidates that I wouldn't be a good fit while we were on the phone or send me a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What was the last book you read? (Fiction, non-fiction any book - doesn't have to be related to technology)   1 Answer
    • Tell me 5 new code types   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Long interview process and met with multiple people. There was group and individual interviews. Good experience and everyone was very friendly. You could tell the company had a great culture right away.

Client Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The interview for the most part was actually a pretty good interview. However, I was called back for a follow-up interview and when they offered me the position I had a quite sexist and inappropriate comment. The lady who offered me the job felt it necessary to tell me that OC Tanner is a no cleavage work-place. This was completely unprovoked. I had not asked about the dress-code at all. Mind you - I am busty - but was wearing a full sleeve button up collared shirt. Nothing was exposed. I should have known at that moment the kind of treatment I would receive at that company for the next 8 years.

Interview Questions

• If I was aware that the company was a non-cleavage work place.   1 Answer

Account Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Orlando, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn. Contacted by recruiter, set up initial phone interview. Moved on to meet with head of sales, then met with local manager, then again with local manager and area VP.

Interview Questions

• How do you overcome objections during the sales process?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Interview process was pretty easy. There was a healthy mix of culture-fit and technology questions, and nothing too complex was asked. Was asked to solve 3 questions with code on the IDE of your choice. Interviewers were friendly and helpful. They gave a tour of the building and demo'd some of the hardware machines they use, which (I believe) ends up utilizing the software the teams write, directly or indirectly.

Interview Questions

• They gave a domain model for a type of request and I was asked to implemented that request model in a pojo. Once that was done, they changed the model in a minor way, and wanted to see how I would go about modifying the code- what decisions I'd make, etc. Also asked a few questions about the cost/benefits to having multiple constructors.   1 Answer

Even though every person I spoke with was very friendly, upon asking many questions during the interview process, I came to find that their technology stack was quite limited compared to things I had worked on in the past. I personally felt like this would be taking a step backwards in terms of my career.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process for this position was short. Although the interview provided extensive background of the company and the expectations of the department, it lacked the understanding of valuable skills and qualifications for the role.

Interview Questions

• Are you Sales Force certified?   1 Answer

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a very thorough interview process.. First interview was in a room of about 5-7 guys and they asked about my experience, and various mock situations and how I would handle them. .. Second interview was with about 7-10 guys, some new faces from the first interview, Similar type questions. Then they had me put air hoses together on a mock pneumatic system the had on a board,, after that they had me wire up a plc switch according to a wiring diagram... 3rd interview was with about 7-10 mostly higher managers and executives that asked me about myself and how I would handle certain situations... Then they gave me a tour through the facilities and said thanks for my time and that they would be in contact. Gave me a call next day and told me to keep an eye on my email because they would be sending me a job offer.

Interview Questions

• If you had two customers in an emergency who needed work done and you knew you could not accomplish both in the time they wanted,, how would you handle the situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation, just an offer to accept or decline.

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner.

Interview

A lot of back and forth with a third party recruiter and then a series of in person interviews. Everyone interviews with one person who has been with the company for his entire career.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

After an initial phone interview with a recruiter, a meeting was arranged with a Director from the company who was in town to conduct interviews. The next step was an interview with the Area Director and Regional VP.