O.C. Tanner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview, followed by an in person interview where I paired with the other candidate. We worked on refactoring some java code, and then we talked with the manager and other team members about how we felt we did and how the other person did.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to rate how I did, and how the other candidate did.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Interview process was pretty easy. There was a healthy mix of culture-fit and technology questions, and nothing too complex was asked. Was asked to solve 3 questions with code on the IDE of your choice. Interviewers were friendly and helpful. They gave a tour of the building and demo'd some of the hardware machines they use, which (I believe) ends up utilizing the software the teams write, directly or indirectly.

Interview Questions

• They gave a domain model for a type of request and I was asked to implemented that request model in a pojo. Once that was done, they changed the model in a minor way, and wanted to see how I would go about modifying the code- what decisions I'd make, etc. Also asked a few questions about the cost/benefits to having multiple constructors.   1 Answer

Even though every person I spoke with was very friendly, upon asking many questions during the interview process, I came to find that their technology stack was quite limited compared to things I had worked on in the past. I personally felt like this would be taking a step backwards in terms of my career.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Long interview process and met with multiple people. There was group and individual interviews. Good experience and everyone was very friendly. You could tell the company had a great culture right away.

Client Specialist Interview

Interview

First had a phone interview with a recruiter that is outsourced by the company. In person interview with hiring manager was good. He has been with the company for 27 years and it was his first job out of college. Hiring manager very friendly and informative about the position. He wanted to make sure I had all of my questions answered thoroughly.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I advanced through four rounds of interviews over 60 day period. The interviews were behavioral with skill assessment portion. After completing the final interview round the hiring manager informed me I would be contacted next week regarding outcome. After two follow-up emails and phone call I received zero response until an automated email was sent 45 days after I was not offered job. Ironic for a company touting it's stake as a leader in company culture that they operate in such a way.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

Great experience. This is the most family friendly company on the planet. They look out for you and truly want to teach you more about being successful and what you do.

Account Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Orlando, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn. Contacted by recruiter, set up initial phone interview. Moved on to meet with head of sales, then met with local manager, then again with local manager and area VP.

Interview Questions

• How do you overcome objections during the sales process?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner.

Interview

Be prepared for a VERY long and confusing process.

salary

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

After an initial phone interview with a recruiter, a meeting was arranged with a Director from the company who was in town to conduct interviews. The next step was an interview with the Area Director and Regional VP.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at O.C. Tanner (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2014.

Interview

Job was referred to me by a friend. Emailed her contact who asked me to fill out the online application and set up appointment to meet. Two days later, interviewed with immediate manager and group director. Came back the next day to meet with the larger management team. Was offered the job two days later. Had the job within a week of applying. They had been looking for a while so this may have been an anomaly.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at O.C. Tanner   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very willing to negotiate.