Panda Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panda Express Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.6

Service and Kitchen Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panda Express in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they called me the next day to schedule an interview for that very afternoon. I arrived 20 minutes early for my interview and had to wait for quite some time (like 30 minutes or so) . Interview Questions was simple and straight to the point. The manager told me that they're looking to get as much help as they can and they would call me if I had the job or not

Service and Kitchen Team Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panda Express in May 2017.

Interview

Overall an easy interview. Applied online then got a call 2 days later for the first interview after the first interview I was scheduled to meet with the supervisor for a second interview. After the 2 interview the supervisor said they will call if they would want to move forward with me.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panda Express.

Interview

two in person interviews, both within a week. Then I got a call back really recently. It was all an easy process, Panda always needs workers anyways, it seems as if they're always hiring due to many people quitting.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about us, why do you want to work here, why should we hire you   Answer Question

Cashier and Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panda Express (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Got the interview after submitting my application two weeks. Go to the restaurant branch and meet with the manager. The manager gave me a cup and let me drink some coke waiting for him. Friendly crew and nice environment for woring. And their kitchen is real clean and seriously follow the food safety law.

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panda Express (Oxnard, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was odd, because I sent in an unfinished application but they called for an interview anyway. Maybe they really needed more help or something, I wasn't told why even after it was brought up. It was very casual. I was wearing a dress shirt, dress pants, and a tie, but it was essentially a semi-formal loosely-scheduled conversation with the manager on one of the restaurant tables.

The manager actually let me into the kitchen to try mixing up the chow mein for a bit. Didn't seem too professional or structured, and while the manager sort of teased and stuff, he was pretty friendly, and the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any work experience?   1 Answer
    • Where are you going to school and what are you majoring in?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Do you think you can do it?   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panda Express (Buena Park, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

GM was cold and unfriendly and would not answer or reply to the first few calls. The actual interview was standard outside of his distant attitude. Afterwards, he said he would call back within 24 hours but did not do so after three days.

Front Counter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panda Express (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was 5 minutes - 2 of which were spent on the interviewer bad mouthing an employee that wasn't honest with her in an interview. Really unprofessional and off putting. Was offered a job at the end, but I think it was because they were desperate.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panda Express (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Attended 2 interviews within 3 days but still haven't heard back after 1 week for result. Once application submitted on line, the Head Trainer and location managers contact for first interview date and time. The Head trainer inform about the second interview on same day if applicant is qualified.

Interview Questions

• Customer service and how to motivate the team. 3 reasons why the company should hire and 3 reasons why should not hire the individual. What is the best way to communicate with co workers for consistency.   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panda Express (Hurst, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

After viewing your resume and made a decision to interview you, the manager will ask you to come to a Panda Express Restaurant where they need to fill the position and then do interview in customer dine table inside the restaurant. Interview appointment will be made by phone calls or email. Generally they will ask for a time two to three hours after lunch to avoid too much people in restaurant.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself. What's your plan in next 5 years? Why do you come to United States?(For international students). Tell me one of your current accomplishments , how to solve the problem. Why do you come to Texas? What are three of your disadvantages? What's your excepted working time?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Panda Express (Wheeling, IL).

Interview

Just asked about personal interest and problem solving. They generally want to know if you'd be a team player or leader. They want people that like to learn and that don't have attitude (especially for back of the house).