Panda Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panda Express Interview Questions

Interviews at Panda Express

2.5

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panda Express in July 2020.

Interview

Met with a lead trainer at his unit on a Friday . Meeting went well a second interview was encouraged for the next day , which fell on the 4th of July . Not sure but I believe someone tried to call me 3 days later. Very poor followup

Restaurant General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panda Express.

Interview

I had 2 video interviews, within 2 days with regional and district managers. It was a great experience, and they were both very polite and friendly.
    I am currently waiting for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What about this job interests you?   1 Answer

FOH Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panda Express.

Interview

Short and simple. There were not many questions and the hiring managers were friendly. Make sure to convey that you have a positive attitude and are ready for customer service.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Panda Express (Dallas, TX) in June 2020.

Interview

Friendly and positive. The girl seemed to really know exactly how to perform an interview. I just want to go home now and see how the cowboys are doing. Anyone else feel the same?

Interview Questions

• What have you done to arrive here today?   1 Answer

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panda Express (Fort Collins, CO) in May 2020.

Interview

It was mainly over the phone due to COVID, but I also went in for a less then 10 min in person interview. Very generic questions about yourself and why you'd be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   Answer Question
    • Do you see yourself continuing school? If so, what field do you see yourself studying.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panda Express (Kansas City, MO) in April 2020.

Interview

Very quick and easy, recruiter was extremely professional and helpful throughout the whole interview process.
    The first step was a recorded digital interview, then came a one-on-one with the recruiter, afterwards a one-on-one with the District Manager, and finally a panel interview which included several leaders in the market.

Interview Questions

Panda Express Response

Jun 11, 2020 – Communications Analyst

Thank you for sharing about your interview process. At Panda, we strive to create the best candidate experiences. We want all our candidates to be able to undergo a smooth process upon interviewing for their roles. We appreciate your feedback and are excited to see where a career at Panda takes you!

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Panda Express (Livermore, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

I went in and I waited for a couple minutes a really kind manager interviewed me and gave me time to answer and the next day I got a call back for the second interview

Interview Questions

• What is something that encourages you to wake up every morning?   Answer Question

Counter Help Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panda Express (Medford, MA) in February 2020.

Interview

they asked more about my previous work than interview questions ex: why I quit my old job, what you can do. It was very unprofessional, the manager was even on his phone while doing the interview, and also was getting distracted

Interview Questions

Panda Express Response

Jun 11, 2020 – Communications Analyst

We are grateful for your feedback. On behalf of Panda, we apologize for your interview experience. At Panda, we train our management to uphold the utmost professionalism at all times and we are sorry to hear that you did not feel this way. We will be forwarding your experience to our Ops Management Team and wish you luck with your future career endeavors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Panda Express (El Paso, TX) in February 2020.

Interview

It was a month long interview process leading from Jan. 10th until Feb. 10th. In which I took 6 interviews and even purchased a uniform to work one day. The initial interviews were great the company values and mine seemed to line up. Upon my offer sheet interview (final with regional) the regional manager began to ask the same questions and not pay full attention to the detail I was providing. Then when she finally heard something she didn't like the interview turned. Based off of my belief to not pursue legal action against family members she stated, "What kind of person does that, I need to know?" When I gave my explanation that it was my beliefs she did not accept it and told me "huh" with a puzzled look. Then she left all of my qualifications and continuing betterment of my self through education at the door and found any personal issue to disagree on and send me out the door. Also you will be interviewing in front of strangers and not in private. Anyone including other applicants are freely listening to your conversation.

Interview Questions

Panda Express Response

Jun 11, 2020 – Communications Analyst

On behalf of Panda, we apologize for the experience you encountered upon interviewing for your position. The level of professionalism the management shown to you was unacceptable, and we will dive further into this issue with our HR Team, who we will be forwarding your feedback to.

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Panda Express (Provo, UT) in February 2020.

Interview

I began my interview process in February of 2020. From February to the end of June I have had 8 different interviews, 1 day of on site training, numerous paperwork, a job offer was extended only to have it denied.

The process is very tedious and time consuming. It was also very frustrating to have an offer extended only to have it revoked.

The various interviews seemed standard up to the point of having the same interview conducted multiple times with the same interviewer.

The OJP process is very unnerving, competitive and in my opinion unprofessional. During the OJP I was pitted against the other candidates. 3 of us were all performing/auditioning for the same position. Those in panda conducting the OJP interview presented it and held as very competitive. It was not a conducive environment for a healthy interview.

The ultimate disappointment was having told them that I had a misdemeanor on my record, them asking that for, me telling them candidly what it was, them saying it wouldn't affect my employment, me receiving an offer and then them saying it has been redacted due to the misdemeanor.

Quite disappointing. Lots of time wasted for nothing.