Panda Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Counter Help Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Panda Express (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

I received an email about a couple days after applying, asking if I would be available for an interview the following week, I said yes and they gave me a time. The interview was held at another location since they are in the process of opening Panda Express in my city. The interview was easier than I anticipated and fairly quick. They were really nice and friendly. They told me they would let me know in two days if I got the job. Later the same day of the interview, they sent an email asking for information to conduct a criminal background check, and then two days later they called asking when I could visit the closest Panda to sign paperwork and discuss some things. When I went, I signed all the paperwork, we decided when I would return for training, they gave me the uniform aside from pants and shoes, and that's it so far. Overall really great! (:

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Panda Express?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question
    • Would you be willing to travel for training? (In my case where Panda Express is new to town and still in the process of opening)   Answer Question

Panda Express Response

Oct 15, 2018 – HR Coordinator

We appreciate the time you took to share your review with us! The people are the heart of our organization, and we are always looking for exceptional candidates to join our team.

We’re thrilled... More

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Panda Express (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

applied online and got a call from HR recruiter. She asked about my general information. It was a interview but not too serious. She told me about panda and how fun working for them. Just prepare general questions like why you applied for panda. I got very good feeling from her.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for panda?
      Introduce yourself
      General questions   4 Answers

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panda Express in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a gentlemen named Andy working at the Roanoak store. He was amazing, he gave a run down on how everything really works at the store. Only problem was interviewing didn't start on time. (Not due to me).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Panda Express? Other than the menu.   2 Answers

Assistant Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panda Express (Overland Park, KS) in October 2013.

Interview

General Manager offered me a job when I walked in as a customer. She told me to come back the next day if I was interested. Interview was very easy and mostly questions about what I want to do and what I was currently doing. Very straight to the point and took no longer than 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself a year from now?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Panda Express (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

i went to thier an open interview. i went there on time then there were alreasy more than 20 people there. i waited about 30mins and got an interview. they asked me a lot of questions like why do you wanna work at panda express, what would you do if customers or co-worker complains, how many hours can you work because they work like from morning til close.
    They never called me back

Interview Questions

• what do yo think about associates when you come into the store?   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panda Express in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online. A few days later, I received a phone call. The manager wanted to know if I could meet for an interview that day. I said yes and we agreed to meet at Starbucks. I got there not knowing who I was looking for, so I texted him and he found me. We sat in a couple of leather chairs and just chatted. It wasn't bad at all.

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panda Express (Terre Haute, IN) in December 2013.

Interview

I only had one interview and was called back within a week which was nice. This is your standard interviewing process asking about your future plans and how you could contribute to their company from past experiences. It only lasted about 15 minutes and was probably one of the easiest interviews I have done.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I would tell a customer if they asked for orange chicken with extra orange sauce. The correct answer is that we don't alter our recipes. Its not the answer I was expecting since I thought the customer is always suppose to be right.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Panda Express.

Interview

The interview was fairly straightforward. I had an initial interview with an assistant manager. I believe this was the "gatekeeper" interview. Your typical questions, such as your strengths and weaknesses. What you would do in this situation. About a week later I had an interview with the manager. I was quizzed on order tags and other values the company has.

Associate Interview

Interview

Hiring is all online and when called in to speak with the manager, the interviews are simply to discuss goals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake View Terrace, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panda Express (Lake View Terrace, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

the manager called me 5 days before and it was at 3pm. i got there 15 minutes before. i had to wait 15 minutes more since they were interviewing others as well. so at 3:20 my interview started. Two ladies were interviewing me. One was a manager and the other didn't tell me. she looked nervous when asking the questions and she would look at the manager to help her out. they both made me feel uncomfortable. they said they would email in a week if i got it, if no email then i didn't get it.they ask a lot about school goals, they want you to decide between school or panda express. haven't heard anything yet.

Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panda Express (Cerritos, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

They expect alot of energy, loud, excitement and smiles. If you're an overall happy person with high energy you're more than likely to get the job. The interview can be a a very busy and loud environment depending on your location. You'll get two interviews, one from manager and another from ACO.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to school, if so, what is you're major?   1 Answer