Pottery Barn Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 186 of over 186 interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (San Francisco, CA) in Dec 2021

Interview

Lady was nice, very straight-forward. Interview was about 10 minutes long. Asked me questions first then told me about the position. She allowed me to asks questions at the end. I asked her to tell me about the team I would be working with but wasn’t really able to respond or maybe she didn’t understand or know. She then just let me know she would get back to me by Tuesday or Wednesday (I interviewed on a Friday). Also she told me the salary would be $24 hourly which was way lower than what I expected. Also you’d be working at their mock store.

Interview Questions
  • Why Pottery Barn? Tell me about your previous position?
    Answer Question
4 people found this interview helpful

Pottery Barn

Application

I interviewed at Pottery Barn

Interview

The best way to describe the phone interview is short and sweet. It lasted about 10 minutes, and the recruiter whom spoke with me was quite lovely. She followed up with the interview in 2 days as said, and has so far been a delight to coordinate with throughout this process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Wesley Chapel, FL) in Oct 2021

Interview

the interview went very well, unfortunetly I was not selected since I could not commit to being available at the right times during the holidays. It was already pre planned to be away during Christmas for the week... i would have loved to work with the staff. Perhaps next year. The manager was a delight and I enjoyed the witty conversation. I did fill out an application for the Williams Sonoma store around the corner and was asked to come to their store after the holiday season for their regular season. I will be doing this in January.

Interview Questions
  • What hours was I available. What skills did I have, Had I worked for the company in the past, and had I shopped with them before.

Pottery Barn

Application

I interviewed at Pottery Barn

Interview

one on one with manger. sitting down share coffee and donuts looked at videos pertaining to job description and companys core values. talked about my past work experiences how long I lived in Atlanta do I have children married why do I want to work for the company what are my strengths,.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Pittsburgh, PA)

Interview

Very simple, straight-forward, canned questions. Asked if I could work weekends, holidays and nights. Asked about my background, why I wanted to leave current job and salary expectations. Talked with upper management and then was offered position.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you handled a difficult customer, describe your goals, why do you want to work here, etc.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Toronto, ON) in Aug 2021

Interview

Applied for the job position online and instantly I received an email stating their interest. From there we set up a date to interview in-person. The interview went smoothly and a lot of the time felt more like conversation about overall home decor, style, textures and my background in it (education). The questions flowed nicely into our conversation and were easier to answer with that relaxed atmosphere. The manger was very friendly and upbeat. I left with a positive feeling even after being told that more interviews were being conducted after mine. I got a call stating they’d like to proceed with officially offering me the job and we talked more about the next steps.

Interview Questions
  • What made you apply to pottery barn and why do you think you’d be a good fit?
  • What was a negative experience you had (as an employee or customer), how was it handled and what was the solution if any?
  • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer or a personal experience of an employee doing the same.
  • How are you with working in a fast paced environment where multitasking is required?
  • What is your favourite style in home decor and how would you describe it to someone that doesn’t know about it?
  • A scenario was given where the hiring manager was a customer looking for products to furnish a foyer. I was asked to showcase my selling techniques, spacial knowledge, colour and texture understanding.
  • What is your current availability?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2021

Interview

I applied through Handshake on my school's website and got a call back for an initial screen after 2 weeks over the phone. The next round occurred a week later with a zoom interview with one of the Finance Managers. I was then asked to complete a case study a week later and was told I'd get back to a day after but the recruiter unfortunately ghosted me altogether even after I had followed up via email. The job has been constantly re-posted since end of May on LinkedIn and continues to do so and so not sure who they are looking for exactly on their end even if you meet most of the requirements.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and why you want to work at Pottery Barn.
  • Tell me about a time you've had a conflict at work and what you did to resolve it?

Pottery Barn

Application

I interviewed at Pottery Barn

Interview

Super Easy -Typical on-site interview with the store manager and assistant store manager. Practice your typical interview questions and research the company and you will be fine. The only distraction was that the interview was done in the store while people were shopping.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and why you want to work here?

Pottery Barn

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pottery Barn in Jun 2021

Interview

As someone who get extremely nervous during interviews, it was actually a lot more comfortable than expected. Like having a conversation with a school counselor or something. Only weird thing was the interview was held in the middle of a mall where many people were walking by and talking loudly.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond

Pottery Barn

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Pottery Barn

Interview

Bom, bastante antensioso, cheguei e logo fui atendida para a entrevista tinha mais pessoas, mas foi individual foi chamando os nomes, a entrevista foi bem tranquila e rápida e no fim mandou aguardar a ligação

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 186 Interviews

Pottery Barn Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Pottery Barn as 67.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.13 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Design Specialist and Sales Associate rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Design Studio Specialist and Seasonal Sales Associate roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Pottery Barn takes an average of 16 days when considering 191 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Seasonal Sales Associate had the quickest hiring process (on average 4 days), whereas Design Studio Specialist roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 15 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Pottery Barn according to 191 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 39.44%