Pottery Barn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Pottery Barn

2.1

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (San Francisco, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn. We did a quick phone screening and then I did another phone screening with a manager. After that I was brought in to do an on-site. I met with four people for about 30 minutes each. A couple days later I was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Newark, DE).

Interview

The interview process was pretty smooth from start to finish

Negotiation

smooth...got first offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Durham, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I met in-person with the General Manager of a Pottery Barn Kids store. The interview went well. It was a mixture of personable getting-to-know you and work history talk. I am waiting to hear back if I will be called in for a second, more formal interview. There were two open positions, and the manager wanted a pool of ten applicants to choose from. We got along great, but it has been a week, so I am getting nervous! I thought it went really well. My only drawback was not having supervisory experience yet, though I am confident I could handle it (and exceed in such a role). I was hoping to work there a year and then transfer into one of the grown-up stores like Pottery Barn or Rejuvenation. But, I am good with kids too, so I am looking forward to working there and getting my start in design and sales.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I dealt with conflict.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pottery Barn in May 2010.

Interview

The process was actually quite pleasant and simple. I originally posted my resume on Monster.com and applied for the position based on a search I made. I was contacted by the Store Manager within 24 hours and had an interview setup the next day. The interview took place in one of the seating areas in the mall and many standard questions related to management were asked. I spoke toward my strengths and how I could be different than other candidates. Total interview was over an hour and a half but very relaxed and went by quickly. The Store Manager informed me that she was instructed to select 3 potential candidates for the position to move on to the next phase of the interview process with the District Manager. The next day I was contacted and to my surprise I was told that she (the Store Manager) was instructed after my interview to select one candidate for the next phase and that I was the person she chose. My followup interview was setup for two days later in San Francisco. I arrived early and again to my surprise I was greeted by not only the District Manager, but also the Regional Vice President. I had a very candid interview with both of them as I did prior with the Store Manager. There were not a great deal of questions and I feel they were already informed by the Store Manager that I was the best suited candidate. This interview was about 45 minutes long and I felt no excess pressure because of the strong interview I felt I had with the Store Manager 2 days earlier. We closed the interview with my salary requirements and I left feeling quite good about how the interview went. In a short amount of time (within an hour of leaving the final interview) I got a phone call from my Store Manager congratulating me on being offered the position and securing the salary I had negotiated. All in all from first applying for the position to being offered my job was 5 days.

Interview Questions

• How as a person who started in Consumer Electronics Retail how I would now fit in a Home/Lifestyle Brand retail environment?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pottery Barn in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process started very quickly after my application was submitted and progressed through multiple rounds and managers. Unfortunately a decision was made to not fill the position. Very disappointing and wish that employers would not advertise jobs and put people through an interview process when they did not intend to hire.

Interview Questions

• Questions were the normal questions one would expect to be asked. Anyone qualified for the position would have no trouble answering the questions asked.   Answer Question

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Pottery Barn (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

they contacted me through linked in and i interviewed internally for several different positions.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Interview

Very laid back interview. Manager didn't have a set of standard questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland Park, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Highland Park, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I found the job on the company's website and submitted a lengthy application. When I followed up with the store, I was told that they don't receive applications through that pipeline. Not a good practice! I did have a phone interview, but was ultimately told they prefer to hire people currently working in the industry. I have 10+ years specialty retail management experience. For the past 4 years I have been teaching merchandising, preparing students for careers in the industry, at the University level.

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pottery Barn.

Interview

Interview with the General Manager and the District Manager. We met at the store, inside the managers office. I then met with the DM and regional together at another location.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate your salary up front

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pottery Barn (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Asked a few questions about values and work ethic. Everyone was very nice and professional, whole process took less than 30 mins and was hired on the spot. I just walked in.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer