Progress Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progress Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Progress

2.5

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progress.

Interview

I applied online and I got a call from the HR. They scheduled a phone interview with the team lead. Strictly technical questions. Then they called me for onsite interview. I was interviewed with 3 people in the team. They asked technical and behavioral questions. It was an hour long interview. Then I had a half an hour interview with HR, Team manager and the director of the team individually. It was all behavioral questions. Then I met team lead for lunch. It was a good experience. I really the liked the team and the working environment.

Interview Questions

• 1.Mostly Database queries and perl script
    2. How did you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Progress

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progress (Chelmsford, MA).

Interview

Got contact directly by HR, phone screen, meeting type interview, another interview with managers, and week after I got offer

Interview Questions

• Lost of open questions directly related to technical skills and enterprise support customer relationship and behavior.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Got offer along with sign up bonus. They were able, by the time, to accept a counter offer. They are flexible if possible.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progress.

Interview

I applied online and got an email from HR for phone interview. We scheduled out meeting and had very short phone call. The salary was not in my range and was way below.

Interview Questions

• HR asked him Pre-Interview questions like US Citizen, Work Schedule, and Salary.   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progress in April 2011.

Interview

I first had a screening on-campus interview with two representatives that felt more like a conversation and was pretty relaxed. They first asked me what I knew about Progress then gave me any info that i missed. They briefly described the positions and asked some general questions about my education an resume and qualifications.
    The next day I was contacted for a second on-site interview. There I met with 4 people, individually. Two of those were general personalty type questions. The other two were more technical they asked about my programming experience and experience with SQL.
    The experience was positive during the interviews and while they still seemed interested, but it took them nearly two weeks before telling they weren't moving on with my application. I think I was lacking the programming skills they were looking for.