Progress Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progress (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed, I applied for the position, the next day I had a phone screen interview with my Recruiter which lasted 30minutes. That same day after the phone screen, I then made it to the next round speaking with one of the managers over the phone for 30minutes which went really well. The next step, my recruiter reached out to me and told me that I was going to the next round, which was the on-site interview. The on-site interview lasted about an hour. It went extremely well, they asked about my background, and also things I like to do outside of work. Afterwards, I followed up with my recruiter after the interview. Then I received the offer. Overall, the process was great, and my recruiter stayed in contact with me every step of the way

Interview Questions

Progress Response

Nov 16, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience meeting with the team!

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Progress (Bedford, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied on line, was contacted quickly and went in to interview with 3 people. Now, 3 weeks later, no feedback at all despite having reached out with follow up emails. Gotta say, very disappointed in the lack of professionalism ... especially for a recruiting role! If the recruiters are the "face" of the organization initially, and this is the way they operate with candidates, wow!! Thanks but no thanks. I suppose the reputation that Progress has in the market is apparently well deserved.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very complicated, standard questions   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Progress (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Had three interviews (two by phone and one in person). I also had a chance to speak with peers, which helped me feel comfortable about joining the company. The hiring manager also assured me that they don't cap earnings and want their people to do well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience selling technology to large enterprise?   1 Answer

Jan 26, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review. Yes, we often have candidates meet with their peers in order to gain a better understanding of what it would be like to work in the role and to learn more about the culture.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Progress (Lowell, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was 2 rounds Interview.
    First round was a phone conversation, they basically select you in this round.
    They check whether your skills and experience meet their current openings.
    Second round was onsite.
    Lots of discussion with different stake holders of the team.

Senior UX Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progress in March 2016.

Interview

Phone screen by HR. Technical interview by hiring manager that lasted about thirty minutes. Followed by onsite interview with the team. Very friendly staff, smart people, easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• General questions on experience, expertise, process, familiarity with software applications, aglie, scrum, etc. Explained about company culture and benefits.   Answer Question

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progress (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was so amazing. My recruiter went every step of the way with me stayed in constant contact throughout the entire process. Process took four weeks. First phone screen with recruiter, then with a manager, final interview was an in person. Very positive experience Accepted offer I can not say enough about the hiring process very professional. Happy to be a part of the Progress Team.

Interview Questions

Progress Response

Dec 5, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you and we are happy to have you on board!

Quality Assurance Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progress (Bedford, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was odd. I had one telephonic interview with hiring manager and then she called me in house interview with 4 of the team members. The questions asked by the team members were not even technical more process oriented. Whether I could work in agile team , how do I find scrum methodology etc. Now these questions were pretty straightforward. All the interactions were friendly and went well.However even after 1 month of interview process the HR did not bother to inform me the status of my application, which is kind of weird!

Interview Questions

Progress Response

Nov 7, 2016 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. We are surprised to hear that you did not receive a concluding response to your interview process. We will always call or send an email to each candidate that not only... More

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progress (Miami, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

The Interview Progress was very straight forward, well conducted and fast. Very professional and skills/ position needs focused.Expectations were established from the start, very clear; with a very well explanation about career plans and routes to grow professionally within the organization.

Contract Renewal Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progress (Morrisville, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, phone interview with recruiter 30 minutes to an hour, phone interview with hiring manager, in person interview with VP of renewals, phone interview with sales force admin, follow up calls with hiring manager and recruiter. Everyone was punctual and polite, clear throughout process they were highly interested in me. Gerry (the recruiter) did a fantastic job selling the company.

Interview Questions

• Lots of brain teasers, they want to see your thought process   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was prepared to negotiate, but the offer they presented me was actually more or less exactly what I should be making in the area with my experience.

Renewal Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Progress (Bedford, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews and one in-person interview. The phone interviews I felt were more important in the screening process. by the time I got to the in-person interview it was very informal and I felt they had already decided that they would hire me. Everyone was friendly and casual and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Department Manager (no longer with company) asked me brain-teaser questions, which was new and interesting. Otherwise standard interview questions, they were very interested in hearing me sell myself for the position, but in a way that made me feel confident.   1 Answer

Jan 26, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed the interview process and appreciated the questions that were asked. Welcome to the team!