Progressive Insurance Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Progressive Insurance Data Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

1 telephone interview then on they flew me for an on site interview at Headquarters in Ohio. Questions were all from the STAR method and it was a very relaxed sort of environment.

Interview Questions

• All questions are from the STAR method   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Progressive Insurance

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2016.

Interview

Progressive has possibly the most trying interview process I've ever dealt with, or even heard of. I've written about my first experience on here before, this is the second.

Online application. After 2 weeks, invited to take a combination personality/aptitude test online. Passed that, and a week later I took an hr screen over the phone. After that, I was told I'd have a personality screen with a technical person from the department, but was assured that the interview would not be technical in nature. It most certainly was, grilled on every technical aspect about the position. And even if I had passed that, there would definitely have been 2-3 more interviews afterwards...another screen, 1-2 onsite interviews. If I hadn't been unemployed for months, I'd never consider applying here.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you used t-tests to determine what worked or did not work about a modeling project that you've worked on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Three people come to the university for interview, it is a one to one interview.ask about the basic questions on resume I thought it was a nice talk, but I failed. Just talk about the courses, experience. And explain the courses you like, the details of the experience. Also explain the specific model. But what i explained is not what she is interested in.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Cleveland, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviews are targeted selection. They ask you examples regarding your experience. Examples only. STAR. They expect you to follow a specific format. This is the only way to interview. If you don't follow this format you won't move forward. Usually 6-7 questions per interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you dealt with a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in November 2014.

Interview

First round - On-campus with the recruiter. Recruiter was very nice and helpful. Then invited to their Cleveland office. Previous day there was a networking event where you can talk to the interviewers and ask questions about the company and the position. Next day, whole day interview which consists of 3 rounds of behavioral (7-8 questions in each round. But, questions are repeated), lunch and campus tour. Overall it was good. But I don't like the idea of choosing the candidates based on only behavioral kind of interviews. Recruiter called me to convey the 'no offer' message with a brief feedback.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Be prepared to give all the details related to the question before they ask you which I didn't. It cost me a job.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

It was an on campus interview for summer intern. One person interviewed me. The whole process lasted about 30 minutes. The conversation was good. Most parts are behavioral. The main thing I did was talking about the resume.

Interview Questions

• Why should I choose you out of those candidates around?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Cleveland, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

STAR or SMART Method******* The recruiter is really helpful and is a great resource for getting information about it. I applied for a Pricing Analyst job in July but didn't get called until the first week of October and it was for the Data Analyst job. Because I applied a year before, I only had to update my work status. A week later I had an interview and 5 days after that, a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness and how do you compensate for that? (came up in several interviews)
      How many gas stations are in the United States and how did you come to that answer?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Data Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance in July 2007.

Interview

met team member one by one. questions were basically about my experience with data handling and manipulation. for example, how large were the data set i've ever handled. how to combine datasets. a few questions were general. they wanted to know how much i knew about insurance business. other questions were behaviour, like what difficult situation i handled......

Interview Questions

• how to merge two data sets by sql or data steps   1 Answer