Progressive Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,453 Interview Reviews

3.2

Commercial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

It was not too lengthy for me but some say it can be. It was a phone interview, then I was brought in person, then offered the job. I don't really have much more to say about that. They change them most of the time anyway.

Corporate Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Spoke to one person in a different state who was passed on my resume by his manager. He asked several questions about my experience but didn't approve me to go to the next round of interviews (even tho I had more experience than was required in the job posting).

Phones Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance.

Interview

Uses the star format for every job posting. If you are not sure what that is then I suggest you research it online. It also helps to know about the company that you are applying to work with. Also, customer service is important so keep that in mind even when you are not in the middle of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you did not do as well as expected or made an error   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. I accepted the offer presented.

Associate Analyst Interview

Interview

campus interview and then on site group interview

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

First I had a phone interview, then an online test, than another phone interview, then 4 75 minute in-person interviews throughout a day.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard. Tell me a time when you used a creative way to solve a business problem. etc.   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in December 2017.

Interview

A ~4 hour long process involving two hour long interviews with a manager or senior dev and a nice 30 minute tour of the facility and their rotating modern art collection.

I'm not yet sure why I wasn't selected but have been offered a follow-up and intend to do so. This is the second time I've gone through a face-to-face interview with the company (the other time for a different non-tech role) and know what a great place it is to be and how lucky I am to get to the very end of the process not just once but twice. As a result I was extremely nervous, desperately wanted the role, and certain I bungled the questions as a result. The questions were in a STAR format, even if you're used to them they're notoriously difficult to articulate especially if you feel you have a lot riding on the opportunity. Though it wasn't 'required' it's probably best to give a technical example for every single answer. I took it to heart that it was 'okay' to give the best possible answer not necessarily a technical one, this was likely unwise.

Maybe I'll try again just on account of it being such a wonderful company with a nice facility but not sure if I can emotionally invest in the prospect of losing an opportunity a third time.

I hope that the example questions are able to help someone else win this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where a peer or team member disagreed with your actions. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you thought you solved a problem but didn't. What issue did it cause, how did you come up with a complete solution?   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of when you took action because a process was being done poorly?   Answer Question
    • Describe your proudest accomplishment at work, why was this such a positive for you?   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of when you worked with a group or a team to determine project responsibilities.   Answer Question
    • Describe steps you took to identify or understand a complicated problem you had to deal with.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time at work when you helped a coworker use a new technology tool.   Answer Question
    • Describe a recent publication or internet group leveraged to educate yourself on tech and how you could apply it to your job.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to use a different approach to persuade others because the first time failed.   Answer Question

Attorney II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

Background check, phone interviews, multiple in-person interviews, final interview with head of state of Florida (flew me up to Tampa from Ft Lauderdale) then about a 3 week wait from there. Fairy extensive process but then again, it's a fantastic job. Wish I never left.

Interview Questions

• How many depositions have you conducted.   1 Answer

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Nightmare scenario. Job description didn't match what they were looking for. I had the skills needed for what they were looking for, but was then told no one was hired for the position because none of the candidates had experience working with a company of Progressive's size. The funny part is, I had experience working with companies larger than Progressive. Interview process dragged out for months, with the recruiter continually apologizing about how unprofessional the process was. There were data integrations about candidates on multiple days where they kept slimming down the list of potential prospects. Ultimately I was told no one would be hired for the position. A complete waste of 40 hours of my interview and follow up time with no result for anyone. The company clearly had no idea what they were looking for, and just seemed to have an open requisition to try and fill.

Interview Questions

• Absurd situational questions about how I reacted to various events in the past. The events had nothing to do with the position I was interviewing for. Two interviewers out of four asked more about my hobbies and other places I worked and what that was like.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Progressive Insurance came to my school's career fair where we had a brief conversation then scheduled an on-campus interview the next day. The interview was 30 minutes with two recruiters that consisted of only behavior questions. The next week, I was then sent an email setting up a final interview session at their facility in Cleveland. They rented a car for me and paid for a hotel the night before the final interview session with a mixer between interview candidates and employees the night before.

The final interview session was breakfast followed by an hour-long interview with a project manager then a break for an art tour and lunch ending with another hour-long interview with a different project manager. Both interview sessions were behavior only.

Overall, the hiring process moved quickly and the interviews were not overbearing, asking only behavior questions. I was not extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• There were really no difficult questions, just standard behavior questions asking about experience and situations you have been in.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Oxford, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

They were basically behavioral questions. Nothing too difficult. Interviewer was really nice, they were all pretty good people to talk to. took about 20 minutes.
    Something like 5-6 behavior questions, plus they made a point that you were comfortable and didnt mind taking extra time to think up question answers.
    I did not get an offer because I was going to graduate a semester too late for their interests.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where a co-worker and you disagreed, and how you solved it.   Answer Question