Progressive Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,999 of over 2.0K interviews

Campus Recruiting4%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Tampa, FL) in Feb 2021

Interview

Progressive doesn't actually interview. They send you through a program called HireVue so they never actually interview you. The result? Your answers are automatically scored and you never talk to a real person. I hate that this company does this. Hopefully this review makes them reconsider their processes.

Interview Questions
  • Here's the questions from the HireVue system: Practice Questions: "Explain why your background and experience would be a good fit for this job.", "Tell us what has been your best work achievement to this point in your career. What made this achievement important?", "Describe a difficult task you were faced with and how you addressed it." Real Questions: (8 of them) -"At Progressive, culture, core values, and commitment to diversity and inclusion redefine everything you might think about corporate environments. We're a Fortune 100 company with forward-thinking approaches, state-of-the-art technology, and endless opportunities to risk, learn and grow. Please tell us why you're interested in joining the Progressive team, and briefly describe your work history, including reasons for leaving each position." -"Of all the positions you worked in the last 5 years, what position did you like most and why? What position did you like least and why?" -"Describe a time when you solved a problem for someone in a way that exceeded their expectations. Please describe the situation, how you responded, and the results. How did you know what would exceed their expectations?" -"Tell me about a time when you struggled with or were overwhelmed by a new or difficult challenge at work or school. Please describe the situation, your actions, and the results. How were you able to remain accountable for your work during that stressful time?" -"Tell us about a time you received difficult or constructive feedback from a supervisor or educator. Describe the situation, how you responded, and the results. What did you do with the feedback?" -"Tell me about a situation when you had to adapt to a substantial change you encountered while working on an assignment at school or work. Please describe the situation, how you adapted to the change, and the results." -"Tell me about a situation in which you needed to make an important decision quickly, but were faced with conflicting information from multiple sources. Please describe the situation, your actions, and the results of your final decision." -"Tell me about a time when a customer or individual told you no at first and you were able to convince him or her to say yes. Give a detailed explanation of the process you used to persuade the customer."
    2 Answers
72 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Riverview, FL) in May 2021

Interview

This detailed review will hopefully help anyone determined to work with Progressive. I applied for the claims adjuster trainee position twice. The first assessment attempt was sep 2020, and I was declined before the video interview. When you get the assessment, you may want to take it immediately. If you are distracted, in a terrible mood or drunk (lol) do yourself a favor by waiting until able to give it your all. It involves basic math, vocab analogies, personality and a mock customer service call. My second attempt in May 2021 went differently. I waited until I was able to give it my full focus. The next day received the video interview invitation, and spent several days preparing. While researching interview tips, I found you tube videos by Madeline Mann- she is amazing. Because of her advice, I fine tuned my approach and prepared solid STAR answers. Have specific examples that are interchangeable depending on the question. A story about a time you compromised could also be a story about a time you went above and beyond, multi tasked, etc. Write your stories- describe four star steps in detail. Brag a little, yet be humble... talk about what YOU did, how you learned and grew. Focus on the resolution. Consider the role you are going for when you design your answers. My stories intentionally highlighted how I will shine as an adjuster. There is a certain level of psychological manipulation that goes into concocting these stories. That sounds bad, but it's true. Don’t say what you’re good at- make them believe it- show them by providing stories that depict exactly how and why you are great. Practice, record yourself and critique- whether it be posture, more smiling or less rambling. If your story is 25 seconds or longer than 3 min, edit your answers. Video interviews have an advantage because you can display notes in front of you- out of view from the camera. Make sure you don’t seem like you’re reading if you rely on your notes as heavily as I do. Be conscious of your camera placement, lighting and background. Use a PC webcam, and if you don’t know what proper positioning/lighting/backdrops should look like, do yourself a favor and research it. Oh- and dress like you would for a formal interview. Hirevue asks 8 questions and you have 3 minutes to answer. You get two tries- if you botch the first one and try again, it will automatically save the second. You can’t pick between the two after you do the second one- it will auto submit the second. I recommend submitting your first try unless you really mess up. A couple questions caught me off guard, so I sacrificed the first 3 minutes of recording time to formulate my reply. This meant I had one shot during take two, but my one attempt was ok because I took that first 3 minutes to prepare instead of fumbling through. This chance to think and re do is a huge plus compared to live interviews. I wish you all the best! I write this while anxiously awaiting the video interview results. I have a good feeling since I was so prepared, but that “what if I’m not good enough” fear creeps up. Let’s push those thoughts of doubt away and think good things! I plan to share this review after more steps are completed because I want to be able to check that “offer accepted” box :) *UPDATE:) I’m officially checking the offer accepted box and posting this review! My second interview was yesterday and it went well. Some people mention having a panel of interviewers, and I was relieved to see just one person. The interviewer was personable and easy to talk with. I expected 3 STAR questions, but she asked 5. She was patient when I needed a minute to think about my answer on a couple of those surprise questions. I fumbled a bit, told her it was a great question and admitted to being a little nervous. Be prepared with more detailed stories explaining how you stay organized, times you compromised, gathered info from multiple sources, had a miscommunication with a customer, made an exception/went against policy, and were unable to finish all your tasks at work. They want to know that you’re organized, helpful, able to multi task, compromise, and willing to work extra hours. Again- watch those Madeline Mann videos. She helped me a ton and it didn't cost a thing except a little time! I received my offer phone call today! She emailed the offer letter and background docs, and provided a start date. This was fairly quick but definitely more intense than the average hiring process. If you really want to work for Progressive and put the effort into preparing, YOU CAN DO IT! ⭐️Timeline: applied 5/11 assessment 5/12 Video interview invite 5/13 Video interview completed 5/17 2nd interview invite 5/18 2nd interview completed 5/26 Job offer 5/27 Key advice : ⭐️Prepare detailed STAR ANSWERS-put your HEART into the stories ⭐️Practice ⭐️Be knowledgeable and excited about PROGRESSIVE and their CULTURE

Interview Questions
  • See above :) I shared several examples. And others posted the exact questions :)
33 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Nashville, TN) in Apr 2021

Interview

You start with a pre-employment assessment that includes an unexpected call simulation at the end. If you make it past that, you will move to a one-sided video interview where the computer will ask you questions and you will record yourself answering them. You can re-record yourself once on each question and each question has a 3 minute time limit. They expect all answers to have strong background stories and be presented in the STAR format. This can make or break your interview. Even if you think you have STAR format down, tighten it up more. I'm not sure what happens beyond this point. I would assume...or at least hope you would get to speak to a live person for a next interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you received different instructions from multiple people.
  • Tell me about a time a customer told you no and you changed their mind to a yes.
  • Tell me about a time you received negative feedback from a supervisor and what you learned from it.
  • Tell me about a time you did something wrong. How did you fix it?
30 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Somerset, TX)

Interview

Video Interview. Tried to remember all the questions to help others because it honestly is a little tough doing it on the spot with only 30 seconds to prepare. You do get one retry which gives you some breathing room. It’ll play your first response, then you’re able to let it linger and gather yourself until you actually click the button but as soon as you click, be ready, because that one automatically sends when you’re done.

Interview Questions
  • For the first question, it’ll ask you what interest you most about the position.
  • Briefly describe your work history for the past five years and why you left
  • What position was your favorite and why? What position was your least and why?
  • Describe a time where there was miscommunication, what you did to resolve it, and the outcome.
  • Describe a time where you had to adjust and adapt to a change at work, what you did, and the outcome.
  • Describe a time when you had to learn/do something new at work and the steps you took and the results

Progressive Insurance

Application

I interviewed at Progressive Insurance

Interview

The first interview was a recorded interview where interview questions are pre-recorded and you record a video response. Second interview was a zoon style interview with a single interviewer. It was a pretty simple process. Tell them what skills you're able to bring to the table, talk about your prior experience, etc. They use the typical STAR interview format.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you dealt with a particularly difficult supervisor.

Progressive Insurance

Application

I interviewed at Progressive Insurance

Interview

I applied online was selected for video interviews Very good very easy did accept job offer interview was video and then follow up was at progressive they made an offer and I accepted

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for progressive

Progressive Insurance

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance

Interview

1. Application submitted 2. Email for testing 3. Recorded video interview with 8 questions . You are given time to practice answers and review each before submittal. I am waiting for response for next step

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral Interview Questions plus review of work experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progressive Insurance (Columbus, OH) in Jun 2021

Interview

I applied online and then shortly after heard from a recruiter about conducting a phone screen. The phone screen was as expected. The interview with the hiring manager was a negative experience over all. The manager was very condescending, openly evaluated my current work, and corrected me at times that were wildly inappropriate. About a week later, I heard back form the recruiter that I was not moving forward. The process was generally very cold and rude.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in people analytics? Why are you interested in working with Progressive? What is the most advanced analysis you've done and how did you present that to the business?
1 person found this interview helpful

Progressive Insurance

Application

I interviewed at Progressive Insurance

Interview

They use the STAR format for interviewing. External hires go through an exam, phone interview, and then in person interview. STAR formal is based on “situation” “task” “action” “result” format. Felt interviewer was focus on writing down my answers for the STAR questions than having the interpersonal connection. The HR department got back to me the next day after my interview and had a fast response.

Interview Questions
  • Did you have an experience with a customer that didn’t go your ideal outcome? What did you do?
2 people found this interview helpful

Progressive Insurance

Application

I interviewed at Progressive Insurance

Interview

Easy and interactive. I enjoyed the process and did my research beforehand. it seemed to fit a lot of glassdoor descriptions. sadly including the ones that said they never received a call back after being told you would get one.

Interview Questions
  • when was a time you had to rectify a mistake you made?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,999 Interviews