Roche Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Roche Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Roche.

Interview

I had set up email alerts through their careers page to notify me when something opened in my area. I applied online and received a call from a recruiter about 2 weeks later. First phone interview with the recruiter was pretty general, just going over background, why I'm interested in the position, what medical equipment I was familiar with, open to travel, etc. Hiring manager and lead specialist flew in to my city for an hour interview with each back to back. Very casual, warm and friendly. Basic STAR type behavioral questions and going over my background and experience. They know what they need to know from the resume, are more getting to know your soft skills and how you present yourself. Final interview was with another lead specialist from a different territory over the phone due to inclement weather. Same tone, very friendly and open. I was one of the first to be interviewed so I knew it would be a while. Hiring manager kept me informed throughout the process. Received an offer 2-3 weeks after my final interview. I think for this type of position, personality and communication skills are equally as important to scientific knowledge. Be prepared with examples for every type of behavioral question and you should have no problem. However, after being at the company for awhile and chatting with people across the country, the interview process depends greatly on who your hiring manager and lead specialist are. Different people have very different experiences. I interviewed for several different positions with different companies before this one and this was by far the most professional and positive experience of all.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult conflict with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Statistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Roche (Tucson, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

submitted my resume and got reached out to for phone call screenings. The first round is the HR, the second round the team leader. The whole process was very friendly. They are very professional. Questions are normal level, very common ones.

Associate Diagnostic Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branchburg, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Roche (Branchburg, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview . We were showed the facility : the break room, cafe and work area.

It was a very short process . During the tour it was up to the candidates to take that short time period to ask questions and stand out .

Negotiation

There was no need to negotiate I was happy with starting pay .

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Roche (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview a couple weeks later. Phone interview was very short and very high level questions. I heard back a couple weeks after that about an office interview. I had one interview with two people and heard back about an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Roche (New York, NY).

Interview

Currently they will be doing a team building activity, where they test "your leadership style" then a behavioral-based panel interview and a chance to meet employees for Q&A. Interviews last all day long. The have hosts who basically sell you why is so great to work at Roche and they help you in you have any questions or anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time your had to influence someone.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Roche.

Interview

I had two people interview me, one from HR and the other was a scientist at the company. Having two very different people interview me was interesting because I got to learn about two different areas in the company and how they work together to make the company what it is. It was a casual and informational interview at first and then they transitioned into the behavioral questions. Very easy and straight forward.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Roche in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted via the service WePow over the internet. After opening a link in a mail I was redirected to their website where a company video was shown. Afterwards I checked my equipment and could opt for two practise questions. After that the real interview began. Every question is asked once and you have only one attempt at answering it after a brief thinking time. The answer times ranged from 1 to 2 minutes. In total 6 questions were asked.

PMO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Roche (Mountain View, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone screens
    Multiple and conflicting on site interviews
    More on sites
    Organizational realignments
    Multiple rescheduling
    Meeting in a weird coffee shop (This is a Roche company)
    People's posistions keep changing and incumbent managers seem to be jumping ship

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life?   1 Answer
    • I am interviewing you, but myself and another person you will interview with will be leaving the company so you will have to do this all over again.   1 Answer
    • Q from Sr Dir of HR: Why do you only stay at jobs for 1-2 years   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Roche (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus after a career fair then had another interview at the corporate office. The interview at the corporate office was long but was helpful because we met with every department. The staff was friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time where you successfully worked with a diverse group of people   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Roche (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The review took place on the campus career fair. Seemed very nice and felt comfortable and while answering. Have an interview on the campus for further rounds. Hope I go to further rounds

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my resume and programming skills
      Was even asked if I was flexible to learn .net and other programming languages
      1 Answer