Roche Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Roche Interview Questions

Interviews at Roche

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Roche (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I was brought in for a 1/2 day of interviews with the management team. It was 3 separate interviews over 4 hours. Everyone I interviewed with was very professional and gave me a positive impression of the company culture and values.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Roche in May 2020.

Interview

Applied via online at the end of Jan. Finally receieved an email about talking to a recruiter about the job in the middle of march. Talked with the recruiter and found out more about the job and then my resume went to the hiring manager. Had to wait another month before I was contacted for an interview due to Covid. Interviewed via google hangouts with the manager and head of the FAS in the region. Was offered job 2 weeks later

Biotechnologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Roche (New York, NY) in May 2020.

Interview

Contacted by HR and arrange for interview the following week. The interview was done online. Took about 45 mins. HR gave a reply after 2 sent a rejection email but didn't mentioned the reason for rejection

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Roche.

Interview

The interview started with a phone call from the recruiter about my resume and what I heard about the company. After that I had a call with the manager I would be working with and we spoke about my resume and what sort of projects I worked on.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Roche (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

1 hr phone call that was scheduled for 30 min (calendar invite was for the wrong time, as well).

The interviewer complained about the previous call she’d just gotten off and how long and detailed the interviewees answers were... then proceeded to spend 45 min talking before asking if I had any questions.

The interviewer commented on whether I would be able to handle working at a big company since I had only worked at startups. The first two jobs on my resume are Fortune 100 firms that I worked (and excelled) at for over 14 years... as I went on to explain.

The interviewer made comments about the fact that the company was using older technology like Angular instead of React, but seemed to be unaware that the use of Java was also indicative of outdated technology.

When I got a chance to ask a question, I was informed that they work with both teams in India and Poland and I would need to be available for 6 AM stand ups.

The interviewer made it a point to state that they wouldn’t payout the top end of the salary range that was advertised and she stated that, “you shouldn’t work here if it’s for the money”. Interesting... what would you say people go to work for? The satisfaction of making someone else rich? News flash... it’s 2020, we are over that “make the world a better place” gimmick.

Feedback after all was said and done was, “not enough Python experience”... for a Java position. I have 20 years experience between those two languages 🤣

Avoid this place like the plague!

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe what a RESTful API is   Answer Question
    • Q: What is a messaging system? What are differences between different implementations?   Answer Question
    • Q: Give a SQL statement for selecting employees by salary in groups and sort them lowest to highest.   Answer Question
    • Q: Given a string, define an algorithm to generate all possibilities of permutation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Roche.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone interview in like two weeks. No other rounds, just one phone interview. It was mostly generic with some technical questions. Received the offer letter in 3 weeks. The background check took like a month, and they asked for a lot of supplementary documents.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roche.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted several months later. I went through several rounds of interview including a phone and video interview with several team members. The interview consisted of basic personality feelers and general domain questions. Nothing was out of the ordinary, pretty standard interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic personality interview with basic domain knowledge questions.   Answer Question

Full Stack Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Roche.

Interview

recruiter reached out on LinkedIn. followed by recruiter call of 40 mins and then tech screen for 45 mins. They insisted on taking tech screen as soon as possible and set it up on random time which was not given by me. However I made arrangement on that day and took interview. The interviwer had joine company 5 months back and was very rude. He asked very very basic questions and in 30 mins he said this were the all question i had prepared for me. he asked me 1. how would you print hello world in react. 2. how would you have input box and on each character enter show alert in react. 3. button inside button and when inside button clicked it takes action as well as outer button function gets executed. how would you avoid this behavior. thats it. there was no explanation given on rejection. Questions answer correctly with proper explanation. WORST EXPERIENCE.

Interview Questions

• recruiter question : time complexity of permutation of string algorithm. given engg dept find lowest salary of professor. Why use REST API.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roche.

Interview

There was a brief phone screen with an hr employee and a 30 minute interview with Senior employees.

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branchburg, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Roche (Branchburg, NJ) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied on-line for a position in New Jersey and was contacted by a HR rep based out of state (via email and phone). This HR rep did an intitial phone screen.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to Roche and this specific role, what do you know about Roche, why are you looking at new opportunities and why do you want to leave your current employer. And last the BIG question - what base salary are you seeking (for this role in NJ) ?   Answer Question