Samsung Electronics America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Samsung Electronics America

2.9

Sort:

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in March 2010.

Interview

Interview at the time in 2006 went very well and good judge of company people. Now the process may be more strategic.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Ridgefield Park, NJ) in April 2018.

Interview

The process was swift and informative. I had a few phone/video interviews then an in person interview. After the in person interview the recruiter never followed up with an answer which was disappointing. I would have liked feedback. Overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Run though of the resume and expierence specific questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview

Recruiter was great, interview process was quickly moved forward, great communication.
    Know your resume, and expect to be bombarded by technical questions during the interview, they know their stuff and you should too. Don't expect any behavioral questions, its not a big deal to the interviewers, probably had about 40-50 technical questions and no behavioral/team-fit questions.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you are 100% on whatever is on the job description.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (San Jose, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

C- test including balanced binary tree, pthread API's

lots of pointers questions, debugging, memory allocation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview

It was a fairly low stress interview process where they tried to get to know you better and learn about your past experience and how you approach problems. It also provided a way to get a feel for the development environment as well as the team dynamic.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in February 2014.

Interview

I had two rounds of telephonic interview after which I was called on-site for 5 rounds of interview with 4 engineers and one hiring manager. The interview included basic algorithms and scalability questions. The overall process was easy.

Interview Questions

• Given a word, find all words from a dictionary which an be created by rearranging the words.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Richardson, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Easy, dumb questions. Interviewed by a group of 4 engineers and the last round the hiring manager. Questions are fairly easy, ranging from basic concepts of C/C++ language, domain specific concepts, to whiteboard coding and very fundamental algorithms. Not much negotiation room.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Bellevue, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter . He asked basic HR questions. Then had a second phone interview with hiring manager and three other people (Director and Engineers).

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know my basic background knowledge and field experience about RF   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (San Jose, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Very rigorous interview process, on a par with Google...but the make decisions faster.

Recruiter very personable. Interviewers friendly. Admin assistant barely uttered a word, just showed me to a room and gave me a pretty challenging paper-and-pencil skills test. Spoke with several current employees, ate in the company cafeteria. One person described the salary and benefits, which were outstanding.

Returned for a second round, where the director had several programming tests for me, including one I answered by email that nite. All in all, they are working to make sure they hire only top-flight people.

Chose to work at a pre-IPO company instead.

Collections Specialist Interview

Interview

Meeting with direct supervisor