Shell Reservoir Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shell Reservoir Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, MN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, MN) in November 2011.

Interview

i had Phone interview with Shell. it was more technical and took about 30 minute. she asked me abut my academic background and my research

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Shell

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

If an applicant does well in their first stage interview they will be invited to the final selection stage, this is usually via an assessment day, which, in Eurpose, is most likely to take place at an assessment centre either in London, Aberdeen, The Hague, Norway or Germany. A Shell assessment day typically lasts from 8.30am to 5pm.

The assessment day involves case studies undertaken individually and a group exercise, with a break for lunch in the middle:

During the interview and assessment process your academic credentials and results will play almost no part in determining whether you're a suitable employee for Shell. These are only really important for getting past the online application stage. Your assessors will predominantly focus on analysing your CART skills.

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in December 2008.

Interview

The first day is the technical interview with a one-hour presentation of my research project, followed up by several 1-1 interview with managers. They asked some questions that you may never think in that aspect. The technical interview manager was nice.
    The second day is the famous Shell Recruiting Day, including the technical interview (1 hr), business strategy case interview, and group interview. They gave you a case of developing a new business plan in a small island, and asked you the associated opportunities and risks.

Interview Questions

• If an extreme situation is assumed for your research, what would you expect for your research results?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shell (New Orleans, LA) in April 2008.

Interview

I had to apply through their company website, as opposed to the usual procedure of application/interviewing within my college's career-assistance center. My interview was over the telephone.

Interview Questions

• Abstract Question: "What are the advantages of the US Space Program (NASA), and what would be the implications if it were to be decommissioned or shut down?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

They sent me a packet in the mail with a detailed summary of salary and benefits offered; the salary was above-average, so there was no need for negotiation.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

i submitted my application documents online. after. several days i was asked to be interviewed. so i booked a time and was interviewed by cellphone. the interview lasted one hour. but time passed pretty fast. i stayed in my own room which was quite especially for the interview because i really want to join Shell.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Rotterdam (Netherlands)) in January 2013.

Interview

After you pass the online tests, you are invited to an interview. It's all about capacity, achievement and relationships. You need to think and analyze your past to have supportive evidence that you are a atch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of your experiences and how they prove that you can build good relationships?   1 Answer

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

I applyed my application at the February (Deadline was in the middle of april). In the end of Aprril they called me - it was telephone interview, there were a lot of general questions, about work expierence and etc, after in the middle of May I checked my application there was assessment day status. In the Middle of June there was AsD - at first technical presentation - 1 hour, break, situational exercise, structural interview. Then I asked questions. AsD were 4 hours. On next day they called me with positive answer.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Hague (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (The Hague (Netherlands)) in May 2012.

Interview

First, phone interview with. 1 HR and 1 technical person. It was during 1 hour.
    Then personal interview, presentation of my technical work and a case with HR.
    I wouldn't say that the interview was very difficult.
    After the personal interview I received a call from HR after a couple of days with positive feedback.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your career in 5-10 years?   1 Answer

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell in January 2010.

Interview

it consisted of

individual case study (lot of information, papers, emails, reports, press release etc. are given and in 1 hr you have to go through them and then make a 5 mt presentation on the issues and problems and solution and strategies. then about 30 mts question session by the reviewers).

group case study (similar to the above, but the social investment options have to be discussed and agreed upon a group (we were six candidates))

then technical presentation

Interview Questions

• how do you monitor the safety aspects of the company   Answer Question
    • how do you make sure that the money spend on social investment has not reached wrong hands   Answer Question

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell (London, England (UK)) in August 2008.

Interview

Interview did not take long as I decided not to go ahead with the process. I got a better offer.

Interview Questions

• A situation where you had to deal with a difficult boss   Answer Question