Shell Engineering Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shell Engineering Intern Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Norco, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell (Norco, LA) in February 2012.

Interview

I had a basic phone interview with one of the Shell HR managers. First we went through my resume, and I had a chance to explain some of my accomplishments.

After that, I had to answer Shell's CAR interview method. There was one question regarding Capacity, Accomplishments, and Relationships.

After the interview, I heard back the next day with a informal offer. After about a week, I received a formal offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Shell

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell (New Orleans, LA) in March 2008.

Interview

I applied for an internship on the Shell website and was contacted about an interview about 2 wks after.

The interview took place on campus with one recruiter and lasted about 30-45 minutes. The interviewer ran through my resume and asked me questions about specific jobs and classes I had in the past. There were also a list of behavioral questions. The final part of the interview consisted of a hypothetical situation in which I was the CEO and had to make major strategical decisions to address a certain issue such global warming or peak oil.

I was offered an internship over the phone about a week later and accepted.

The next step was to complete a series of pre-employment forms, a back ground check, and a drug screen (hair test).

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you have faced and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Global warming as a result of carbon emissions is scientifically accepted how should the company focus its over all strategy to handle such a situation?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Completed a pre-assessment questions consisting two parts. First part is not timed- problem based. Second part is timed (statistical questions), 16 questions to be done in 18 minutes.

Shell wil let you know if you've passed and will then proceed for an interview. I had a telephone interview, it lasted approxiamtely one hour. Typical behavioural questions were asked of me.
    Some of the questions they asked:
    - Why do you want to work for Shell?

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time when you had to change your approach to complete a task.

They wanted a very specific approach of how you changed your approach (not your team).
      Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell in October 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of an interviewer who wrote my responses down to send to someone who would review the responses and decide whether I got the job. The questions were typical behavioral questions with a heavy focus on teamwork, and the last question was a very broad case question in which you were asked to solve some large-scale (worldwide) problem.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to communicate with people in a way that you are not used to.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell in April 2010.

Interview

Simple 1:1 interview with questions on character, conflict resolution, communication and team building abilities. Towards the end, they'll ask you to pick a topic from a list of 5 (mine was related to the energy field) and ask you a series of questions on it. Like, if you were head of this energy department and you wanted to get the shareholders to agree to this new energy research, how would you sell it?