Shell Engineering Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shell Engineering Internship Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I interviewed at Shell (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Emailed a friend who worked for shell and he put me in contact with the recruiter at my school. I didn't hear from them in May when I applied, but they contacted me in September for a 1 on 1 interview. Have not heard anything from Shell yet. The session was timed, about 10 minutes for each question and at the end there is about 15 minutes for questions.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions were picked out of a booklet that the interviewer had and he just wrote down notes as we went along. The session was timed, about 10 minutes for each question and at the end there is about 15 minutes for questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Shell

Engineering Internship Interview

Interview

Had to submit a resume and cover letter, was then prompted to take a series of tests online. First test was a behavioral test. If you pass that, you continue onto a 2 part test consisting of situational judgement questions and a fast paced numerical analysis test. I passed all the tests and have a very high GPA (3.62) with job experience, but did not even get an interview.

Interview Questions

• The numerical analysis test was extremely fast paced, almost like a speed test. Questions were not difficult but the time limit was extremely short.   Answer Question

Engineering Internship Interview

Interview

I interviewed at a large career fair so there were many interviews in one day for both my interviewer and me. However, no other interviews were as formulaic and impersonal. I was asked questions rotely from a form and the interviewer seemed disinterested.

Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

A very nice man interbiewed me and asked me very standard behavioral questions. Finally, he asked me a situational question involving you acting as the CEO. If you have some ability to think on your feet you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• How would you mitigate changes in Safety Planning in the future?   Answer Question

Engineer (Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shell in November 2010.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard for the most part. It started off with introductions, and an explanation of the interviewer's history with the company. This was then followed by ~20 minutes of behavioral questions, followed by a final (more unusual) part of the interview, where I was asked to put myself in the position of a CEO and describe how I would handle a couple of different situations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to develop a plan and then execute it.   Answer Question