Shell Environmental Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shell Environmental Engineer Interview Questions

3.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Shell Recruitment Day consisted of a computer based test that involved Roleplaying in a project assistant's role to assist the development of a oil rig in a fictional country. This was followed by a group exercise with other candidates that involved sharing information to assign specific roles to fictional employees. A personal interview follows asking for interpretation of the exercise. Next is a case study where you try to sell the benefits of 2-3 actions in response to local discontent in the fictional region. The day is concluded with a personal interview discussing your motivations. All responses need a STAR response.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Shell

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Very process orientated. I first met with HR to do an initial interview. Then I met with the team lead and had an interview with specific questions. It was a relaxed but very specific agenda. The total time was about 1.5 hrs.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle environmental compliance issues? What would you do in certain circumstances?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell (New Orleans, LA) in September 2011.

Interview

First I had a phone interview. A few weeks later I got invited to Shell Recruitment Day. This consisted of a technical interview (that you have to prepare for before hand) a case study (long) - read fast, and a group discussion with the other interviewees (this is to look at your ability to work in a group).

Overall a long day, but the people were really nice and very forthcoming about what would be involved in the interview. Very organized process.

Interview Questions

• For the phone interview (1st round) - What is an achaivement you are proud of?   Answer Question
    • How should shell allocate money to give to charity groups.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate...offfer greatly exceeded by expectations.