Shell Finance Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shell Finance Intern Interview Questions

2.5

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received an interview at my school. Met with the interviewer and had a 45 minute or so interview. Mostly talking about past experience on resume, no tricky questions or brain teasers. The interviewer is instructed not to look at you or provide feedback so I ended up talking to the interviewers head as he wrote notes for 45 minutes straight. Test is really to see if you fit the culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• Not having the interviewer respond to my answers was a bit uncomfortable at first because its hard to tell how you are doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for interns. It took 3 months to hear back, to the point where I was days away from accepting a different offer, stay on top of them to figure out if you have an offer or not.

Other Interview Reviews for Shell

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shell (Boulder, CO) in September 2009.

Interview

Spoke with representatives at a career fair and received an invite for an interview about a week later. The day before the official interview there was an informal group meeting discussing some of the non job specific aspects related to working at Shell. The Interview stressed Capacity, Achievement, and Relationships. The achievement aspect is tested by asking you to describe a past achievement. The capacity aspect is tested by giving you a sample problem to describe and solve at a high level. The relationships aspect is drawn on more or less through out.

Interview Questions

• Describe the challenges of standardization over the next 10 to 15 years   Answer Question