Shell Geologist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shell Geologist Interview Questions

3.4

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was very structured. The interviewer had a list questions to ask and recorded my answers. The questions followed the format: "Describe a time when..." or "Describe an experience with..."

Interview Questions

• IIRC, one question was, "Describe when you created or invented something new or did something in a new or unique way."   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Shell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

I submitted my application online. Two days later I was sent an email with a link to an "online assessment" that had to be completed within one week. I completed the 72-question online assessment, pressed "submit," and instantly received an email telling me I'd been rejected and that I'm not allowed to apply again until 12 months later.

Interview Questions

• I'm a graduate student with no job experience in my field, so the online assessment was baffling, because it was full of questions apparently aimed at applicants who have been previously employed. For example, I'm pretty sure I've never delegated and assigned tasks to team members from different departments working on the same project, but there were plenty of questions asking about how good I am at doing tasks like that.   1 Answer

Geologist Interview

Interview

very very weird. they make you play a simulation game for the entire day. the group was mixed with all sorts of people applying for every type of position . it was a generally weird experience. they put you up in a hotel in downtown houston, which was nice. there were more people watching the interview than were being interviewed at all. i felt like a fish in a tank

Interview Questions

• the entire experience was bizarre   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

I had one in person interview on campus. The questions focused on "STAR" interview technique, that is, wanted stories that focused on what you contributed and what the outcome was. The interviewer had a very specific score sheet to grade my answers and note down what I said. After the interview, I was invited to an 8 hr interview in Houston with 8 candidates and 8 interviewers. It had a series of activities, some in groups, most by myself. I never saw the results or the criteria, but I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. All new grads are given the same offer. I've never met one who successfully negotiated an increase in salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

In the 1st round interview the interviewer asked me for a copy of my resume. Throughout the interview they asked me the following questions: Can you tell me about a recent achievement or accomplishment you are proud of? What steps did you take to reach this accomplishment? Tell me about a time when you worked on a project with a team? Did you face a difference of opinions while working with this team?

Interview Questions

• Explain a time in which you demonstrated leadership behavior while working with a group of people, and how did the group of people respond to your leadership behaviors?   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in November 2015.

Interview

Sending in a cv following a job posting circulated through campus ambassadors was followed by a quick telephone interview. Typical HR like questions - describe a situation where you needed to work with someone difficult, describe an achievement, etc.
    This was followed by a typical assessment centre. This included an inbox exercise, a case study, group exercise, technical presentation, self reflection interview and a final interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you needed to work with someone difficult?   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shell in September 2013.

Interview

There was an online assessment that included quantitative and qualitative questions, followed by an on-campus interview with a very rigid outline and format. All of the questions were predefined. Even the interviewers were bored. You could tell they realized the whole process was ineffective, but had no control over it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shell in February 2008.

Interview

Consisted in a initial analysis of curriculum vitae et studiorum. After this, you are tested in a multiple test for english language knowledge, and IQ testing. On third phase, you are called for a group dynamics, consisted on 3 phases in which you must present yourself in a image (1 minute to think, 5 to explain), than a dynamics of analysing the entrance of the company at the Ethanol market, in short, medium and long terms. And last a dynamics in a crisis cenario of a country making a state monopoly of Shell's reserves, in also short, medium and long terms. After this, you have a 1:1 interview with a company's manager at btheir headquarters in Rio.

Interview Questions

• You have a fire situation at one well that you control. Which are the procedures to take back control of it?   Answer Question

I decided to start another course, in the Film making area.