Shell Graduate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

3.5

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Interview

Interview

Filled in an online application, was contacted by the recruiter and was eventually successful. Then invited to a Shell Recruitment Day (a full day assessment center that included group exercise, multiple choice questions and various interviews). Performance was assessed by Shell personnel.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever received feedback on your performance that helped you develop?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Shell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

First is online assessment for math - difficult from time constraint. Next is in person/phone interview - easy behavioral questions. If you are part of the 3% that applied and get to the recruitment day good luck. By far the hardest recruitment/ interview process I've ever done before. You start at 7am and end at 4pm where you have an e-tray exercise (look this up), then a group case study, then a reflection interview, followed by an individual case study (extremely difficult), and then a final interview. There is basically one case study for the entire day and that is broken up into smaller more detailed case studies. The etray is basically an email simulation where you are given a case study that contains a ton of information and you have to respond to emails based on the information given-the planning phase. Then you have to write the risks/opportunities to that situation. Next you have a group case study which builds off the etray. There are up to 6 people per recruitment day. With these people you are set in front of 6 assessors who watch you while you and the other candidates work as a team on this case studying writing out details and such on a white bird in front of them, coming up with a solution. Next is the reflection interview which assess what you think you could've done better and what you thought you did well on. Then comes the individual case study which is the hardest out of the entire day. You have 20 minutes to read about 4 pages of information and then 7 more pages of financial info, gdp info, market growth, it system costs, customer service costs, industry standards, and so much more things (it is insane how much info they expect you to retain). You then have 5 minutes to plead you case to two assessors on your recommendation, then they give you a 30/40 minute interview asking you very in depth questions and changing the scenarios to see how you react. After that you have a regular interview with two other assessors - pretty much the same as your first round interview. This was he hardest interview process I have ever gone through in my life. It was extremely hard, I thought I did well and I even received positive feedback and still did not get an offer. Good luck make sure you can read info fast and understand oil implications on people the planet and the economy.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me this directly but they asked another kid "where do you think oil prices will be in the next year, why?" They expected a very thorough answer with real reasons, not like I think supply is going to go down in the oil so it should be up to 50, no you'll get crushed if you say anything like that-I cannot stress how difficult this recruitment day was.   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Interview

Phone Interview with a local HR personnel.
    The process is pretty fast after the few online assessments which is automatically sent out.
    Interview questions are actually predictable if prepared well before hand.

After the phone interview will be the SRD.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Norman, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

Apply on university's system and shell's system online. Then take two online tests on shell's website. Get the interview 2 weeks later. Interview is pure behavior question. Got rejection 1 week after the interview.

Graduate Interview

Interview

Details
    My professor emailed me saying they needed an intern. I submitted my resume to him and then I went through two face-to-face interviews and a phone interview for the internship. I was hired full-time after my internship.

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

first, online application form 2. invited to online tests and a video interview. online test is slightly different then other companies, i guess shell use their own recruitment tests. i slightly struggled with the english test. numerical test was ok. video interview last around 30 minutes. video interview was ok.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abuja, Federal Capital Territory (Nigeria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shell (Abuja, Federal Capital Territory (Nigeria)) in June 2017.

Interview

The first stage of the interview consisted of 3 parts which are; timed online test, working styles assessment and on-demand video interview. The timed online test is comprised of verbal , mathematics and abstract sections with 4 minutes alloted to each section. The working styles assessment is a personality test and is untimed. The video interview consists of 5 questions of which 4 are competency based questions

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for shell?   2 Answers

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Applied online, received link to complete cognitive test and video interview a few hours later. Cognitive questions are the usual shape/number based kind. Video system was good and also asked basic questions. Look at other reviews to compile a list.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to alter your working style to accommodate people from other cultures   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received the online test ( numerical, verbal and personality) and the online interview immediately. The test was quite average but very time consuming. The personality test was a bit odd, guess that was the reason they rejected me. The interview was going through Hirevue with 5 normal behaviour questions, which I had to talk in front of the camera staring at myself. It was not that hard if practise a bit before the mirror.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shell (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Online application and tests: very simple and straightforward, no cover letter or motivational essay required. Be prepared to wait for a long time before the company replies.

Telephone interview with a senior member of the company.
    Very long telephone interview; friendly interviewer.
    Basic competencies questions, with follow up probing into the details of what you've learned and challenges you faced.