Shell Graduate Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shell Graduate Program Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2017

3.6

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell in October 2016.

Interview

Past the online test and was invited for an interview one the same day. But had to reschedule it since their arrangement was when I was on flight. Had to wait for more than two weeks to reschedule the phone interview and got rejected two days after the interview. Not sure what went wrong. I prepared for every single possible questions mentioned online and followed the STAR structure. Maybe this is just not a good timing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Shell

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very demanding but rewarding, taking multiple months to complete. The initial process consisted of online segments to be completed from home. After multiple online timed segments, there was a 1hr long phone interview with a recruiter. After successful completion of all of the following stages, I was invited to a Shell Recruitment Day (SRD) hosted at the Woodcreek Research Facility in Houston, TX. They arranged the flight, transportation, and lodging for all of the candidates attending. During the SRD, there were 6 candidates. We were placed in a ETRAY exercise, case study, group presentation, self reflection interview, and competency based interview. There were approx. 10-15 evaluators analyzing the applicants all day. We were informed of the outcome within 3 days after the event.

Interview Questions

• During the last exercise, how would you rate your performance, and what would you do differently (during the SRD).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I went to a Shell Recruitment Day in Houston, the last round before offers are given. The interview was quite difficult, consisting of a few different activities and several assessed interviews. The 6 assessors are pretty nice, however a little unnerving because they always ask "Is that all?", or "Anything else?". I don't like that some of them were incredibly peculiar and made me second guess myself at every hard question. However, there were a few especially nice and insightful assessors that really make it less nerve-wracking. It's very tiring spending an entire day doing these assessments and not knowing how you are doing.

I actually came out of the SRD feeling pretty good about my chances, but got an automated regret e-mail 7 days later instead of the personal response they promised within 5 days.

The rejection sucks, but whatever. It's good interview practice I guess. Oil and gas is going nowhere fast, so maybe it's a sign.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Multiple assessments are conducted online through the Shell Careers page before you receive confirmation of a phone or face to face interview. Was contacted for a phone interview, which took approximately 2 hours, and was subsequently invited to the company's recruitment day, which is a final round interview assessment at the company's headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you received feedback, and how you responded.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

2 rounds
    First was a behavioral interview
    Second was a super interview consisting of assessed exercises including a group exercise, a case study, and more behavioral interviews.
    They really focus of CAR. Their literature can give you an idea of what it's going to be like. The behavioral questions are pretty standard. Other than that it is hard to prepare for. Shell does the best they can in preparing you without giving you the actual material they assess you with. They also treat you very well and compensate you for all expenses.

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shell in October 2015.

Interview

A very intense but rewarding interview process indeed. After clearing the online assessments, got invited for an on campus interview. A week later was invited for the Shell Recruitment Day in New Orleans. After having an info session the night before followed by a dinner with two young Shell Graduates, SRD took place the whole day. Consists of an E tray exercise where you have to respond to emails based on the information provided to you about a specific project you are a part of. The exercise if followed by a group discussion and then a case study presentation. We also had two separate interviews, one was a self reflection and the final one was competency based.

Overall, the best recruitment process I have ever been through. Best advice would be to stay relaxed, be yourself and stay positive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were a team lead and had to deal with a conflict?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview. It was supposed to be in person but I was bed ridden after surgery. Basic behavioral questions, except it was about 45 minutes to an hour, so many questions started sounding the same. They also asked why kind of position you would be interested in working in.

I got an email maybe a week later inviting me to the Shell Recruitment Day. It is a day and a half interview. The first night you get to know the company and have a dinner with the 6 or so other interviewees and current employees. We had to do an assessment that was kind of like answering fake emails. It was really hard to me. Then we had an "interview" that asked us how we handled the assessment. Then we had a group activity to see how we worked in groups. Then another 50 minute interview of behavior questions. Lastly a case study that we did on our own, and they interviewed me asking me how I approached the problem.

Although I did not get an offer, It was a nice all expense paid experience, and I got to practice my interview skills

Interview Questions

• The case studies are no where near as intense as those in capstone classes like say Harvard Business Review cases. I thought I did well, but I think I did really bad on that first assessment. Everyone thought they did bad, and I think they make it hard on purpose to see how you handle it. I just think I did terrible. haha.   2 Answers

Graduate Program Interview

Interview

The interview was quite intense, but not hard. They were basically testing for your capacity, achievements and relationships building skills as relates to past work or life experiences and how you did or would deal with them.

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

The application process consisted of 5 steps, first two were exams, third one was a recorded video interview, and the fourth one was going to be a video interview with a panel, and last is going to be the 1 day visit in Shell.

Interview Questions

• cite a difficult situation and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Shell (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

online application and assessment, after that you have to finish a recorded video interview, can practise before recording. 5 questions for 20 mins, 3mins for each question to answer and 30s pause before each question