Shiftgig Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Shiftgig

1.7

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shiftgig (New York, NY).

Interview

We had a group interview in which we had to interview and learn about the other candidates that was applying for the same or different positions. We were also asked about what we liked about being in the food service field

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation at your last job. How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shiftgig (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

brief video interview , then in person , it's a temporary agency , so they are not exactly looking to not hire you , they'll hire anything with a pulse ... which is another issue they will have going forward .

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shiftgig (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

There was just a short phone interview and after there was an in person interview at the office. I only had to wait around 2 weeks to hear back from them after the phone interview. People were very friendly both on the phone and in person making the interview process less intimidating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shiftgig (New York, NY).

Interview

I received an email asking me to select an interview slot for a phone interview. I selected a day and time about 10 days in advance. I received several follow up emails and text messages confirming the day and time with “Sam.” The day of the call, I was waiting for the FaceTime request, and nothing happened. I was never contacted by them and got no call or text either. After over 30 minutes of waiting, I replied to their confirmation email to ask what was going on. I got an auto reply “Sam is no longer working here.” A day later, I got an email from someone else saying that they’d had to “cancel some interviews” (um, if you’re cancelling something, you have to let the person know!) with a link to reschedule. I looked up Shiftgig on Facebook and they have some terrible reviews from people who have worked for them.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shiftgig (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I had filled out an application online, off their website. Then I received a couple emails telling me to choose a date where I could interview with a specialist via FaceTime. After my interview, the lady loved me and suggested I go to the live orientation at their HQ in Chicago. After accepting, I went to the orientation and met with a small group led by Tiffany, who was a ShiftGig vet. After completing a quiz while at HQ, we were welcomed aboard the ShiftGig team. the entire process took about a week. Very professional people and a laid-back, chic atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• How would you remedy a situation in which you came across a less-than-ideal patron?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shiftgig (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

In the days leading up to your interview slot, you get numerous reminders to be available either via Facetime or Skype. A few minutes before the scheduled time I get a call from an unknown number and decline the call as to keep my phone open for the interview. Turns out it was someone calling to confirm that I was available for the interview and they never contacted me. If you're going to send 3 reminders about being on for a video interview, why not mention that there will be a call to confirm? Then again they haven't paid their Zendesk subscription, so this is probably not a company anyone wants to work for anyway.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shiftgig (Tempe, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

A very comfortable cool chill Group interview and video presentation. I never got that horrible group setting feel. It was very informative n packed with info. The process of showing us how to use the app and everything was amazing. They made us comfortable. It was fresh young n kick back. I would recommend all day!

Interview Questions

• What kind of work we LIKE TO DO💗   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shiftgig (Nashville, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

Cool, it was initially a great experience and I thought I was about to establish a good working relationship with this company. Then it went South due to a computer glitch on their part which resulted in me being fired.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shiftgig (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Group interview. They ask a few general questions about work experience and skills. At the end of the interview if you're asked to take a photo and provide your ID and social security, you're most likely hired pending a background check. If you don't go through this process most likely you didn't make the cut.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work are you interested in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Very unprofessional and organized no offer within 10 mins all I did was submit a photo and recorded statement guess they didnt like my look. I will never reccomend or apply here again.