Showpad Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Showpad

2.5

Sort:

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Showpad.

Interview

The interview process was quite odd. Recruiter reached out, we set up a time to do an initial phone interview, which she was a no-show for. I followed up and we rescheduled for another time. During the phone interview, it became apparent that I wasn't a good fit for that specific role, but I thought maybe I should bring up a different, but similar role (less of a stretch for me) as an option. The recruiter was a bit surprised (not sure why, as my background was a better fit, and it was a natural conclusion to draw), but we discussed some more and agreed that I should come in to meet with the hiring manager. The in-person interview was fine, fairly typical questions but ultimately we didn't think it was a mutual fit. I left feeling like the recruiting process was messy, and hope they can improve this for future candidates.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Showpad (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Scheduled phone screen. Day of phone screen I gathered my notes, got comfortable, and waited for the call. Lo and behold I did NOT receive a call at our scheduled time for a phone screening.

I gave Showpad the benefit of the doubt and decided to wait patiently before sending a follow-up email. (I've had people call 20 minutes late to phone interviews, no big deal). But, before I was able to send my follow-up, I received an email from the recruiter stating that they had tried calling me and I had not picked up, and seeing how they were trying to expedite the process I would not be moving on with the interview process. Confused, I replied stating that I had been waiting by my phone well before the scheduled time, and had not received a call from them at all.

So far no reply to that email. I really don't know what to make of the situation. Ultimately I am extremely disappointed as I believe I was very qualified for the position at hand, and very exited about the prospect of working with Showpad. I understand that technical difficulties happen, but the way it was handled on their end was slightly unprofessional. To be written off so quickly without any chance to speak with someone was extremely unfortunate.

*I know this was not a fault on my end in terms of reception and such, as I received a call from a relative while I was waiting*

Interview Questions

• Do you think think Showpad handled this situation well?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Showpad (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted directly by the hiring manager after submitting a cover letter and resume online. First interview was via Skype for 30 minutes discussing role and my background. Second was an in-person in SF office where I met with 4 team members from marketing department. No one seemed prepared to have me in the office and kind of 'winged it' and seemed a bit frantic. I was contacted via email a week after I did my in-person on final decision.

Interview Questions

• Why Showpad? If you were to describe what Showpad does, what would you say?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Showpad (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Standard phone interview process lead to an in-person interview. After interviewing with three VPs (all male, I might add - doesn't look like they have any females in higher positions), the final interviewer went to get the first individual I interviewed with to wrap up with me. I was then forgotten about in the conference room for 45 minutes - he never went and got the person who was supposed to wrap up with me, he just went back to work. When I finally came out and asked what was going on, two embarrassed employees told me that the VPs had all left the building. Highly unprofessional and disorganized, I was completely mortified.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current role/ What do you know about Showpad/ Have you had any formal sales training   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Showpad (Portland, OR) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted 1 week after applying for a 30 min phone screening. The recruiter had no personality which made it difficult. It was a pretty straight forward conversation type interview but the recruiter lacked enthusiasm and engagement. At times I felt like I was the one conducting the interview for her since she barely asked me any questions. When I would ask about the software I would get answers like yes and no. No engagement at all or any interest on me knowing the company more. It was rude on a way from her end which made me feel that it wasn't a good fit during the interview. I carry the experience necessary for the position, maybe she just felt challenge on the interview I conducted.

NOTE TO RECRUITERS: When we interview we are seeing you as what the culture and personality of the company since you are representing the company. Don't forget it's a 2 way interview and we can always decline to move forward or accept an offer from a company all be cause it was misrepresented by the recruiter.

A few moments after we hung up the phone she sent me their automated email saying I'm not a good fit. Good luck Showpad.

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Showpad (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Compared to something 15 other interviews I had in the month surrounding my interview at Showpad, this one was the best.

I applied online, and received an email the same day asking for a phone interview.
    I had the phone interview the next day - went well, mostly asking general questions about my background, and letting me ask questions about Showpad.
    I was then asked if I could come in to the office a day later for a round of onsite interviews. I met with 3 people, all very kind. I was there for 3-4 hours. This was on a Friday.
    I was asked to come back to the office one more time on Monday to meet the CEO. The meeting went very well, and I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next role?   1 Answer

Enterprise Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Showpad (Chicago, IL) in June 2018.

Interview

The process was discombobulated and confusing. The hiring manager was inexperienced and that majority of the sessions did not have a clear direction. The process culminated with a "presentation on a subject of our choosing" again without much prompting. It seems like the hiring manager was hoping the presentation would reveal aspects that correlate directly to the showpad product, but you are not likely to find that without a bit more direction for the candidates. I found the hiring manager to be incompetent as a leader and generally over his skis. I likely dodged a bullet here.

Interview Questions

• Many general, conversational interviews and an unguided presentation.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Interview

(Just the first step of the interview) I had an informational interview via phone call. She called me at our agreed time and asked questions to see what I did in my past experiences and how they could relate to the position. She also asked about how I handle difficult situations.

SDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Showpad (Portland, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

No actual interview, despite my extensive (13+) years of B2B sales experience I was passed over for those "more qualified". Went and took a peek on who IS more qualified, per Linkedin----surprise! Vastly less experienced, really young candidates----typical sofware ageism

Interview Questions

• Nothing, because apparently my experience makes me "unqualified"   1 Answer

Manager - Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Showpad (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

1 Day - Closed in 7 hours. I essentially came into the office an met with the CEO, VP of NA, VP of CS, VP of Sales and a number of other team members. Went very well and they were very respectful of my time and interest.

They then worked through the recruiter to negotiate compensation and equity package with me.

Interview Questions

• Are you awesome at what you do? Is there anyone better?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very Easy - Went back and forth on equity a bit but that was it.