Sony Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2016

2.9

Senior Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (New York, NY).

Interview

Great communication with the recruiter which led to a very transparent process.
    Whole process took about 1.5 months.
    Sony arranged accommodations for the on-site interview, as I was not local to the office. All of the accommodations provided were great and had no issues with any reservations.

Interview Questions

• What is your most notable professional accomplishment to date?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA).

Interview

No phone interview. Just a one-time in-person meeting with every member on the team. Met with each team member individually and each interview lasted approximately 15 minutes. Final interview was with the Director and lasted about 30 minutes.

Visual Merchandising Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 10 people, 2 interviews for a total of 6 hours. Also had 2 huge projects for each candidate to complete. Their standards are very high, too high for Sonys declining business to be quite honest. My current employer is a much larger more successful company than Sony but they still had a chip on their shoulders and drilled me. Bring it on I thought! However, the hiring manager was very condescending and blunt. They questioned my intentions and skill set regardless of my experience. Honestly, I ended up saying I was not interested anymore when they said there was a 3rd interview.
    They are not a company or team that I would care to work for.

Interview Questions

• Do you drive at night? Have you ever made a huge mistake in your current role? Do you really want this position!   1 Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics in June 2016.

Interview

I got the interview through a recruiter. Unfortunately, the Sony agent who interviewed me knew nothing whatsoever about Sony's information security history, nor the accompanying laws in USA. She was late for the interview and had a thick Indian accent, making it difficult for me to understand what she was saying/asking.

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Got a call in two days after I applied. Had a phone screen first and then was called for on-site interview. The really check your in dept knowledge. On-site interview was taken by developers from the Playstation team. The process was pretty starightforward. Sony SNEI has a really cool developers to work with.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Normal process of a big company, takes time. Just need to be patient and prepare accordingly as they are interview a ton of applicants so you need to make sure you stand out and are memorable.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA).

Interview

It was pretty straightforward, hiring manager didn't throw any curve balls. It was those days when they were willing to expand and add resources, their requirement was clear and I fit their criteria. After applying, you first are contacted by their recruiter, then they will arrange an interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Why Sony, why leaving current job, what value can you bring to the organization   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (Park Ridge, NJ).

Interview

Referred through another employee. The process took about a week. Met with two people. Had to provide a presentation on any topic of my choice. One was nice the other was pretty stern, however, I managed to make them laugh/smile.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone asked you a question to something you didn't know about?   1 Answer

Human Factors Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Bernardo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (Rancho Bernardo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed in person with 3 people was asked about design process, how I test things, why I want to do Human Factors, and my background in research (coursework and professional)

Mostly focused on how passionate I am about research and whether or not I'd be ok with doing menial tasks to support research

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sony Electronics.

Interview

Got a call from a Rep. working in CA. Asked about my interest in the position. Then I interviewed with the manager at the branch. He just asked me questions about my resume. Easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you could do well at this branch?   1 Answer