Sony Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sony Electronics Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2018

2.9

Senior Applied Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Electronics.

Interview

One phone screen for 40 minuets followed by an onsite interview. The onsite starts with a research presentation and then meetings with everyone in the team individually. The lunch will be with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions are mostly based on your research and technical background. There are also some basic questions related to signal processing, probability and 3D geometry. Also asked are some simple coding questions.   Answer Question

Wireless Research Engineering Inern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Jose, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a straightforward interview. The recruiter called and scheduled an interview time. At the said time hiring manager called and asked a few question. It took 30min. The phone interview went well and I answered all the questions. But it didn't get to the next stage.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position QA position and one day , I got a call from HR for the initial phone round.

Interview Questions

• In the phone round , I was asked few things I did as QA activity at various companies + coding question about the code present to me to check what its doing ... what is the bugs and to write few black box test cases.   1 Answer

Sony Electronics Response

Mar 8, 2018 – Talent Acquisition & Engagement Operations Specialist

Thanks for your interest in and applying to Sony. It didn’t work out - but maybe next time circumstances will be right. Keep in touch!

Senior Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (New York, NY).

Interview

Great communication with the recruiter which led to a very transparent process.
    Whole process took about 1.5 months.
    Sony arranged accommodations for the on-site interview, as I was not local to the office. All of the accommodations provided were great and had no issues with any reservations.

Interview Questions

• What is your most notable professional accomplishment to date?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA).

Interview

No phone interview. Just a one-time in-person meeting with every member on the team. Met with each team member individually and each interview lasted approximately 15 minutes. Final interview was with the Director and lasted about 30 minutes.

Visual Merchandising Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 10 people, 2 interviews for a total of 6 hours. Also had 2 huge projects for each candidate to complete. Their standards are very high, too high for Sonys declining business to be quite honest. My current employer is a much larger more successful company than Sony but they still had a chip on their shoulders and drilled me. Bring it on I thought! However, the hiring manager was very condescending and blunt. They questioned my intentions and skill set regardless of my experience. Honestly, I ended up saying I was not interested anymore when they said there was a 3rd interview.
    They are not a company or team that I would care to work for.

Interview Questions

• Do you drive at night? Have you ever made a huge mistake in your current role? Do you really want this position!   1 Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics in June 2016.

Interview

I got the interview through a recruiter. Unfortunately, the Sony agent who interviewed me knew nothing whatsoever about Sony's information security history, nor the accompanying laws in USA. She was late for the interview and had a thick Indian accent, making it difficult for me to understand what she was saying/asking.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

It was simple & most of the questions were SONY project specific and telephonic interview.
    HR & recruiter were very helpful during the process. On-boarding process was very straightforward. Overall experience was good and everyone was supportive during the on boarding process

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Got a call in two days after I applied. Had a phone screen first and then was called for on-site interview. The really check your in dept knowledge. On-site interview was taken by developers from the Playstation team. The process was pretty starightforward. Sony SNEI has a really cool developers to work with.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Normal process of a big company, takes time. Just need to be patient and prepare accordingly as they are interview a ton of applicants so you need to make sure you stand out and are memorable.