Sony Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sony Electronics

2.9

Human Factors Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

I did not hear from the recruiter for almost a month. When I followed up, the recruiter emailed me many times asking how soon I could begin working, and scheduled me for an interview. The interview was on-site in San Diego with 4 members of what would be my future team. It was about an hour long, semi-professional. They mostly asked me to describe my previous work experience and prompted me further questions about my research protocol. I heard back from the recruiter a few days later.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Few interviews takes few weeks.
    Employment agency find this job for me but they decided to give offer who they know already. People are nice and good environment seems like.

Interview Questions

• If I can use all Microsoft software.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied Online
    Had a Phone interview with team (Basic technical questions)
    Onsite Interview for 2 Hours with Manager and Team Members (White boarding, Java, Javascript, HTML, CSS and Web technology basics )

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Most of the questions had nothing to do with the role, was the most political type of questions etc. They drag you for the full day. The environment is very cliche and very political and I get the type of vibe already from the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to do___________   1 Answer

Senior Applied Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Electronics.

Interview

One phone screen for 40 minuets followed by an onsite interview. The onsite starts with a research presentation and then meetings with everyone in the team individually. The lunch will be with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions are mostly based on your research and technical background. There are also some basic questions related to signal processing, probability and 3D geometry. Also asked are some simple coding questions.   Answer Question

Cleaning Lady Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I submitted my resume online in the morning and they contacted me via email later on the same day asking to schedule a phone interview. I replied with my available times the next day after and they scheduled the phone interview within the next 3 or so business days. The phone interview was done with a manager (but with like 8 years of programming experience). Asked for me to talk…

Interview Questions

• What do I like about Java/C and what don't I like.   1 Answer

Wireless Research Engineering Inern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Jose, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a straightforward interview. The recruiter called and scheduled an interview time. At the said time hiring manager called and asked a few question. It took 30min. The phone interview went well and I answered all the questions. But it didn't get to the next stage.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position QA position and one day , I got a call from HR for the initial phone round.

Interview Questions

• In the phone round , I was asked few things I did as QA activity at various companies + coding question about the code present to me to check what its doing ... what is the bugs and to write few black box test cases.   1 Answer

Sony Electronics Response

Mar 8, 2018 – Talent Acquisition & Engagement Operations Specialist

Thanks for your interest in and applying to Sony. It didn’t work out - but maybe next time circumstances will be right. Keep in touch!

Senior Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (New York, NY).

Interview

Great communication with the recruiter which led to a very transparent process.
    Whole process took about 1.5 months.
    Sony arranged accommodations for the on-site interview, as I was not local to the office. All of the accommodations provided were great and had no issues with any reservations.

Interview Questions

• What is your most notable professional accomplishment to date?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA).

Interview

No phone interview. Just a one-time in-person meeting with every member on the team. Met with each team member individually and each interview lasted approximately 15 minutes. Final interview was with the Director and lasted about 30 minutes.