Spirit Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spirit Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Davie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Davie, FL).

Interview

Went to interview in FL. There were 400+ people there. I arrived early probably 5:30am and there were still people in front of me. The earlier the better, you can sign in faster and sit closer to the front. Plus, it looks good being early. Everyone will gather is one massive conference room to discuss information on Spirit Airlines and the Flight Attendant position. After this is over you are split up into rooms based on the color name tag you received. There will be about 50+ in a room in which everyone will stand one at a time to pick a "fishbowl" question. I believe they are judging based more on how you look and present the question not necessary the "correct' answer. Once answers are complete the team talks and roughly half of the group is sent home. There is a break for lunch, I would suggest bringing something to eat or having cash with you, really not a whole lot of time to go out and get something. One on ones are next. Again, the earlier you arrive the better, I was able to complete my one on one very fast because of the small/early number I had.

Interview Questions

• What city would you like to travel to?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Arrived at the conference center, given a name tag and a color coded sticker with number. About 400+ people was in a conference room. They talked about the company. The fake smiles was overbearing. If you missed your homecoming, this is the place for you. After receiving an overview of the company, we were sent into seperate rooms based on our the color of our sticker. We were then asked to pick a question from the fishbowl. Very easy questions. The judges then leave the room to determine how many people they plan to cut. Those who were not ideal in the eyes of Spirit were sent out side of the room and then were told that they will have to re-apply again. It appears that they pick soft spoken people and those who appeared to pose no threat to anyone. If you are very confident, please go somewhere else. This is a low cost carrier trying to be Miss Atlanta.

Please note, if you are a person of color and those who are a bit senior looking to land a position with this company , please don't apply to this airline. Most of the applicants who were not selected were those of color and in their senior years despite the fact that they dressed professionally and answered their question flawlessly . Apply to a company that embraces and value diversity. Majority of those who were selected for the face 2 face were young white women. This airline is very bias towards people who were previous or current flight attendants.

Don't waste your money hoping to land a job offer. The titans of the airline Industry will value and embrace your skill set and also will pay for your flight. I gained more experience being at this hiring event even though I was selected.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Miramar, FL).

Interview

Very fast. Have to draw WBS. Have to be able to answer quickly and think on your feet.

HR is in every meeting. The program managers are extremely sharp. Have to be willing to be a team player. Personality is key.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines.

Interview

The checkin process was suppose to start at 7am & I got there at 5:30am there were already 100 + people there all lining outside waiting to go in . Once check in started they took us into the presentation room where they played upbeat music and really eased our nerves with dancing. After the presentation ended we were divided into different groups by our color on our name badge . Once settled into your room you are to get up table by table and pick a random question from the "FishBowl" YOU MUST state your name and number before and after you answer your question if you miss a step you will be CUT even if they like you or not ! Be direct ! Don't stumble ! Answer within 10 seconds ! Speak loud and clear ! Dont ramble ! AND SMILE !!!! . after the whole room (about 80 - 90 people ) answered their questions the recruiters went out to deliberate . Once they got back they cut more than half the group ! Whoever didn't cut went on to a hour lunch . BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH !!! or bring cash to pay for overpriced food. After lunch it was time for F2F . You have to lift a 50 pound bag over your head WITHOUT struggle . Then they resume for you to read announcements & fill in your own words in the blanks . After they ask you like 10 scenario questions . Once that is over you are sent to the decision room where you wait to see if you get your CJO . If chosen you will take your ID badge and fingerprints . DO NOT PEE BEFORE YOU FIND OUT IF YOU GET YOUR CJO , you will have to take a urine drug-test . After that you get checked out and leave . I left around 4:30PM and there were still people waiting for their F2F.. OVERALL SMILE . LOOK PROFESSIONAL . BE ENTERTAINING . BE DIRECT & CONFIDENT . SPEAK CLEARLY AND LOUDLY . FOLLOW EVERY DIRECTION YOU GET TO THE TEE !!! YOU WILL BE WATCHED THE MOMENT YOU STEP FOOT INTO THE BUILDING TRUST ME !!!

Interview Questions

• what is the most most stressful thing at work to you give 2 examples ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2017.

Interview

The phoniness was overbearing. We all listened to some guy talk for almost 3 hours. Then we were divided up into 5 groups. About 40 people in each. We all pulled a random question out of a fishbowl and had 20 seconds to answer it. That's what determines if you move on to the next round. Or does it? It doesn't. If you are flamboyant or black you will move on no matter how you answer the question. It was like being around trained seals watching everyone laugh on cue. If that's for you I say go for it. You better be phony and smiling all the time. Think The Joker.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines.

Interview

Glassdoor was a great tool to prepare for the interview process. As stated in all reviews, arrive early! I got there around six and found it paid off in the long run as some were kept until after 10PM. DRESS PROFESSIONALLY. This should be a given but some people were dressed super casual or in club dresses with a blazer. You would be the most qualified , attractive, witty person but you're not going to get hired if you dont dress the part. If you are unsure about your outfit, google it because you will be wasting your time if you go dressed down.

The first phase of interviews was the fishbowl. A lot of people in my room got cut because they either let their nerves get the best of them or thought too hard on the question. They are looking for two things, PROJECTION AND CLARITY of your voice and THINKING ON YOUR FEET. I didn't have the best response but i just said what came to mind in a clear confident way and did fine.

The next process is the 2 x 1 interview. They have you lift a suitcase over your head and read a short paragraph before they interview you. All the questions they asked were on here on previous posts so not going to repeat but just be confident in what you say and you will do fine.

Then they send you to wait until youre either rejected or given a CJO.

You go on to do a drug test and deal with HR. This part was unpleasant. I found them very unprofessional and unorganized. Granted there was 3 of them for 500 people. They need more people to make it run smoothly. Non the less im greatful for the job interview and excited for training.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Well its EXACTLY how everyone has posted on here. I got to the Ft Lauderdale interview about 4:50am thinking I would be the first in line. I read many stories of people showing up at 6am and there being a line of over 250 people. Well when I got there there were already people standing outside. Slowly more people started showing up and the Spirit recruiting team. Met some nice people in line and we talked for about 1hr and half before they let us inside into the AC after sweating outside in our suits for so long. They create 2 lines until they let you in the room. They give color name tag and give you a number. THE SOONER YOU GET THERE THE BETTER BECAUSE YOU GET YOUR F2F DONE QUICKER IF YOU MAKE IT THAT FAR. Now I must emphasize this next bit of information. They don't accept ANYONE for the group interview if you do not have a valid PASSPORT with you. Not a passport card!!! A actual Passport book. I felt horrible because this guy who flew in from Salt Lake City and got a hotel on his own dollar was sent home immediately because he didnt bring it. The instructions CLEARLY say PASSPORT is needed to interview.They want all documents so just bring them with you with COPIES. Another guy had a tattoo clearly behind his ear and that is a no no. If you dont have your documents or visible tattoos don't waste your time.They bring you into this room and stuff about 500 people in there. If you get there and there is no more room your out of luck. They turn on music and the whole Spirit crew are clapping and all smiles. Everyone is wowing and in the mood. After about 2 hours of introductions and small videos they wish us luck and give us our room details for the color you are set up with. You go into your room of about 80 something people and you pull out a question out of the bowl. Say your name, your number and read and answer your question JUST LIKE THAT! FOLLOW THERE EVERY INSTRUCTIONS. This is important to tell you that the answer DOESN'T MATTER! Unless you say something really idiotic or dumb it doesn't matter. They want you to look up, speak loud and clear, and SMILE! Thats it! don't make it more difficult that that. Look at all the corners of the room and even behind you where some of the recruiters are. Speak to EVERYONE! After everyone is done with their question they leave and say theyll be back in 15 minutes. After about 45 minutes they pop back in and request that if your number is called to please follow them. Unfortunately that means you have been eliminated from further contention. The rest that made it is sent to a 1 hour lunch and must be back by when thy say. After lunch you go back to the main room where about half of the people have been sent home. Now if you got there early you are up first for your f2f. You are sent in a group of 5 and are seated outside the original group interview room where you will interview with one HR person and a FA. You read an announcement which you should speak as if you were a game show host. DONT BE SHY. They wont bite i promise. Just read it and show some personality. If you have it this will not be hard.They ask about 5 question so just answer honestly and SMILE. You are then sent to the decision room. You wait, wait , and wait until you find out if you got it or not.They call numbers where some are sent home. If you make it you start everything immediately. Fingerprints, drug test, and background check. They will let you know in week or so what base you will get. I hope this helps but I am so excited to start this new chapter in my life and this career that I know I will LOVE. This has been a dream of mine and I thank Spirit is giving me this opportunity. Now I know and heard training is HARD. Preparing to STUDY non stop and shut out the outside world to do it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is what it is.

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Filled out my application and received an invitation to attend the interview In Davie, Florida 4/3/2017! Anyone else attending this? Any words of advice? These Glassdoor questions have been so helpful!

Interview Questions

• Is this interview strictly for Dallas and Fort Lauderdale?   10 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Davie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Davie, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview began at 7 am, early arrival suggested, I got in around 6:25 am and there were around 100 people in front of me to get signed in. Prior to me getting checked in I was pulled aside by a current flight attendant to verify my height (I am 5'0 without shoes) he brought me and a few others into the conference room and measured us against a board. We all did meet the height requirement so we were cleared to get checked into the event.

The presentation was in a large conference room 400+ people in attendance. They began the presentation on history of the airline and what to expect (pay, training, schedules). After the presentation they gave people the opportunity to decide if spirit was still for them and if so we were told to proceed to smaller conference rooms based on the color of your name tag. About 50+ people in the room were instructed to state their name, badge number, read question, place card on table and then answer question. FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS TO THE TEE. After all have answered their questions the spirit team left the room to deliberate and decide who makes it to next round. If they call your number to exit the room they let you go at that time.

A lot of people in my room did not make it to the next phase because they 1. Did not follow the instructions 2. Circled around the question giving background on their answers 3. We're not clear speakers and 4. Language barriers.

After fishbowl we had a lunch break then went back into the largest conference room where we waited to be called in for interviews. After lunch only about 200 maybe 250 people were back in the conference room. The interview was with 2 spirit airline representatives and the interviewee. Once your interview was completed you were sent to a deliberation room where you waited to see if you were going to be receiving an offer or if your time with spirit was ending at that time.

They called people out in groups of 10ish and let you know your fate. I was given an offer and then sent to complete basic information on the computer including my base preference. After that we were sent to take ID Badge photos and submit all of our paperwork and complete drug testing.

They informed us that we would we notified via email within a week at the latest of our base assignment and training dates.

My day was over at 430pm but when I left there were quite a few people 80 or so that still did not go in for their 2 on 1 interviews.

I would say prepare for a long day, get there early, be yourself, follow instructions, smile (but be natural about it don't force it), BRING LUNCH, food for purchase was Wayyy overpriced and hope for the best.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy and slightly suspenseful. The staff definitely created a fun environment and did a great job on making people feel welcome while also being extremely informative. After reviewing other reviews in order to prepare for the interview I learned that it was important to show up extra early, keep a smile on all day, and socialize! The day started off with the gathering of everyone in a big room. Former flight attendants and staff coming in dancing enthusiastically to happy songs setting the atmosphere. After this, they explain essentials about the job and put on a video about the company. After about a twenty minute break you are called back and divided into color groups. You are then sent off to different rooms to answer fish bowl questions. This is the first round where they start making cuts. You pick a card out of the bowl with a question on it. There is no right or wrong answer because the recruiters are watching how well the answer is presented. CONFIDENCE IS KEY! After another break everyone gathers back into the colored group rooms and the cuts begin. When this is over we were allowed to go on a lunch break (lunch is not provided. so bring money). After lunch, everyone met back up in the original room where we began. This is when face-to-face interviews begin. When our number is called, we followed a recruiter to a hallway where we sat and waited for our turn to interview. The face-to-face was easy and felt very comfortable. After it is over you are then sent to another room where you either wait to be cut or move on and receive your CJO!

Interview Questions

• If this company could grant you three wishes, what three wishes would you choose?   1 Answer