Spirit Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Spirit Airlines

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

When you make it to the hiring event, prepare to spend all day & possibly night there. So pack some snacks and get ready for the ride. Starts with an informational session, then if you're still interested they will break you up into groups for group interviews than 1-on-1 interviews. If you make it beyond that, you'll fill out paperwork and do the drug test same day.

Interview Questions

• How does your work experience relate to this position?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines.

Interview

The application process isn't that bad. You submit online, take a personality survey, and then get invited out to a hiring event; mind, the time frame may be a few weeks or might take a couple of months (mine did), don't get discouraged. You are responsible for your travel to and from the hiring event. The reason I am marking the interview as "negative" is because I did not like the hiring event, I actually ended up leaving after the first hour/intro speech. The staff (who were incredibly nice) kept referring to everyone as "rockstars" and who wants to be the next "rockstar" to join their team. Then they had us stand up and cheer if you wanted to join the team, then had us chant, and do a bunch of silly stuff like that. Honestly, it felt more like I was rushing a sorority then at a professional job interview. That turned me off of the whole thing and I turned in my resume/packet to a recruiter and left. I realized my personality wasn't the best fit for the company and I didn't like their work model that (to me) lacked professionalism and focused more on indoctrination. That being said, the individual people I met at the hiring event were all incredibly nice and helpful, staff and applicants alike. Spirit wasn't the right fit for me, but maybe it is for you! If you are on the fence about applying, I say do it and go to the hiring event, see for yourself. It's not a bad company, just not the right fit for me.
     *NOTE they tell everyone if you aren't feeling the interview that day you can turn in your resume after the intro speech without 'getting in trouble' and you'll be invited to a different interview later. That was not my case, I haven't been invited to another recruiting event. So if you go, only turn in your resume if you know you don't want to join Spirits team.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to be a ROCKSTAR?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Was easy be yourself. I applied and got a video interview went into spam never received it. I hope they send me one more I been waiting for a long time excited and ready to start working ! I would love to have a offer.

Interview Questions

• what place would you like to go to?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2020.

Interview

I have my video interview today, I am looking for pointers. I applied online and passed my assessment and 2 days later they send me a link to complete an interview video.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Columbus, OH) in April 2020.

Interview

[VIDEO INTERVIEW] You are given about one to two minutes before all of the questions to think about your answer. You are only given on 1 minute to answer each question. Questions were and will likely be customer service related. Time goes by quickly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant and what makes you a good fit?   Answer Question
    • "Tell be about a specific time you want above and beyond your normal work responsibilities."   2 Answers
    • Why did you leave your last job or why are you leaving your current job?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to accept any assignment based on needs of Spirit and willing to go through 4 weeks of unpaid training?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines (Orlando, FL) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied in January online. Completed the online assessment about a few days later. Received an interview invitation in February for March 2 weeks exactly before the interview. The interview was March 3rd. Interview day typically starts at 7 am. Arrive at least an hour to two hours early. The Spirit Flight Attendant Presentation/Informational is first. This gives you an idea of what to expect for the day and the career. Then there is the fish bowl questions (first cut), lift and height test, lunch, jump seat test, then F2F interview. After interviews you wait in decision room to see if you got the CJO. I advise you come prepared with energy and follow the simple directions in the fish bowl round. It was 550 people and about 150-200 people were offered a CJO. I got the offer and training starts March 27th.

Interview Questions

• If you can be anywhere in the world, where would you be and why ? (FISHBOWL)   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to be a Spirit Flight Attendant?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work with others that you may disagreed with?   Answer Question
    • If a customer wanted to switch their seat because the person sitting next to them was overweight and taking up too much space what would you do?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to act quickly when there was a change in plans or emergency?   Answer Question
    • What do you think a flight attendant should be?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

haven't gone to the interview yet, that is tomorrow, so far the process has been easy, applied online, took a servery then a few weeks later i got invited to an interview in Dallas, sadly wasn't able to make that one then a few weeks later they invited me to attend the MCO interview, very excited for that tomorrow brings

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines in March 2020.

Interview

I applied online, received an email about the assessment test, and about 2 weeks later the online video interview. Currently waiting for next step. Cool process, looking forward to learning more.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit Airlines.

Interview

Applied online. Took assessment the next day. Did video interview a month later. F2F 2 weeks after. Even though my resume showed I have not worked since college they still interviewed me. Thought that was great until the f2f where I was asked how could i afford things if I wasn’t working and kept bringing up several time during my interview that it would be impossible for me to keep to any schedule let alone any schedule for work since I haven’t worked for a while. Not sure how not needing to work and having the means to do things you enjoy until realizing you want to be a flight attendant means you can’t keep a schedule. She did ask me normal interview questions but after every other question she would mention how I wouldn’t be able to stick to a schedule. It would have been a fine interview if she didn’t seem so biased about my life.

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Presentation on what the job entails, benefits, pay etc. Move on to a group interview where you draw a question or two to answer and you do a short group project. First cut is made at lunch and then the afternoon is one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

• They watch how you interact with others at all times. During the group project they want to see you participating but not trying to run the show.   Answer Question