Stantec Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.4

Drafter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stantec (Tampa, FL).

Interview

all by phone. answered their questions which were all based on 3D. also answered all their piping design questions. I was told I was getting hired to do their 3D which turned out to be a lie

Interview Questions

• Can you set up and admin our 3D software?   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stantec.

Interview

A company that is interested in attracting qualified & engaged talent should have the courtesy of a timely response.

I applied online and was contacted for a phone screen nearly 2 months later. The recruiter stated I would be a great fit & inquired about my availability for an in-person interview the following week. That was over 6 weeks ago. Zero follow-up! I can only imagine the disorganization that lead to these delays and how they communicate with employees that no longer need to be sold on joining the company. No thanks!

Interview Questions

• Are you committed to working on proposals 80% of the time?   Answer Question

Engineer-In-Training Interview

Interview

Applied online, had a quick response and went into interview the week after. The manager and PE's seemed very. The interviewers had seen my resume before and asked questions from my resume

Cadd Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stantec (Richmond, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Unprofessional experience. The person I was supposed to meet was not even there! Interviewed with two senior level personnel. Interview was straight forward. Asked about background, schooling, interest in the company, etc. Wanted me to take a test right there on the spot, but I declined because my background was in GIS technology, not AutoCAD, which is an outdated old software from the 80/90s. companies still using this software are only doing so to save money on more advanced softwares that have far higher capabilities because the license are more expensive.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about the company   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I interviewed at Stantec (Portland, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process is straight forward. First two interviews were telephonic interviews (Mostly behavioral) and the last one was a onsite interview (mostly technical). They are really nice people to work with and I really enjoyed my time at their office.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stantec.

Interview

Fairly straight forward just walked through resume. Asked about my school experience and any relevant experience I had. Continued on to ask about hobbies and few questions branched off that

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest failure?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stantec (Anchorage, AK).

Interview

The interview was conducted by a HR person and a senior EE. There were a few background questions and no technical questions. Paperwork turnaround was pretty quick, I got the offer within a few weeks and started the job within a few weeks after I accepted the offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stantec in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was extremely casual, and felt more like a conversation. They asked me about some of my studies, and interest, then told me some of the projects they had worked on, and would be doing in the future. The lady was incredibly nice and friendly, made the process much easier!

Interview Questions

• They asked about my interest and how they could apply to their summer line up.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stantec.

Interview

Really easy interview. Nice people, asked pretty general easy questions. Did not ask any technical questions which I thought was kinda weird. Was a phone Interview and lasted about 40min.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to choose your major and career path   Answer Question

Landscape Architecture Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stantec (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a principal landscape architect and two senior associates. The interview occurred via phone with no in person or Skype interviews. The entire process included a single phone interview, followed by a job offer via phone. The total time between the first interview and job offer was six days. Total time between applying and the job offer was 10 days.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain in detail one of the projects from my portfolio, in particular, my design process.   1 Answer