What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "It has a lot of busy times and some lulls but the people you work with are great and I definitely enjoyed my time here." (in 235 reviews)
- "good benefit and 401 k and good" (in 150 reviews)
- "Work Life balance can be good if you can turn off your desires to execute good work and resign yourself to disorganization and mediocrity." (in 84 reviews)
- "Great culture and innovative thinking" (in 79 reviews)
- "Good work environment" (in 49 reviews)
- "Some very poor management in some business centres." (in 102 reviews)
- "Low pay and difficult to move up the ladder." (in 76 reviews)
- "low salary and no cost of living payment givien" (in 68 reviews)
- "Senior leadership can turn a deaf ear to issues" (in 45 reviews)
- "Quality engineers and managers have been let go along with ability to win projects." (in 43 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Stantec and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 2,466 of over 3K reviews
Updated Sep 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Sep 28, 2023CAD TechnicianCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
The pay is competitive. The schedule is flexible, with great PTO benefits. Work environment is positive and supporting.
Insurance premiums are a bit high, but coverage is decent.
- 2.0Sep 28, 2023Associate Project ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
Work-life balance, interesting projects, good clients, amazing coworkers, 12 weeks of paid family leave, benefits package, stock program, plenty of work backlog.
Not agressive enough with hiring staff to support the team. ZERO internal equity with pay. New hires require large compensation packages while existing, committed employees (including management) are promised compensation adjustments due to a market review process and given negligible adjustments. As a supervisor, we were given talking points for the 2023 rate review period of how to explain to employees that wages are NOT tied to inflation and they should be happy with what is provided. I'm aware of other comparable companies giving multiple inflation adjustments to all employees regardless of position as opposed to trying to convince employees it's not a factor. There is a lot of discussion around retention but no real efforts to fix the issue.
Stantec Reviews FAQs
Stantec has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 2,824 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Stantec to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
75% of Stantec employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Stantec 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.