Sungevity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sungevity

2.7

Lead Generator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sungevity (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

You get first interview through the phone. Hiring person tests your sales experience and tells you all about the job and pay. Then the supervisor and regional manager are all through video. The initial training is one on one.

Lead Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sungevity (Marlboro, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

Found them through craiglist Sent them my email and contact information. They got back to me asked me a bunch of questions about my experience and salary requirments. They asked me to come to a job and that was essentially the real interview. Meet the crew and worked a full day with them. Learned how they did things. We hit it off well and they asked me to come back the next day. After working there for a couple years now I've seen other guys go through the same thing. Essentially you just have to prove than you have a good work ethic and can show up on time.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to lay out the roof?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The best was to get to an interview is through an inside referral. I did the initial phone screen on the phone for 30 minutes. It was part background interview and part technical for fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your programming experience related to the specific technologies used at the company.   Answer Question

Solar Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sungevity.

Interview

They acted very quickly. I submitted a cover letter as well as a resume. They asked several questions about your sales experience. They are looking for teachable and energetic people. Wear orange for your interview!

Interview Questions

• Pick an item you hate. Tell me why you hate it. Sell it to me.   Answer Question

Solar Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sungevity.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a recruiter and then was called in for an in person interview. The in person was a round table with 3-4 Sungevity employees.

Interview Questions

• Describe any situation where you were challenged as a sales person.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied online and had a quick 20-30 minute phone screen with HR to see mostly if I was a good personality and culture fit. They basically wanted to check if I was a fun person and someone who cared about the environment. Then I conducted

Interview Questions

• Describe any simple activity and be as detailed as possible in how to execute this task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Lots of role playing for sales and conversational questions. Can be difficult if you aren't confident and prepared. There are not any cookie cutter questions, but rather questions to see if you are a good fit for Sungevity's culture and have the sales knowledge and ability in order to tell if you have the potential to be successful.

Interview Questions

• Describe your perfect sandwich, down to the very last detail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Consistent of role playing and sales questions. Good hands on interviews and overall a decent interview. Two hiring managers decided the job. The format was conducive to getting to know the management as well.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the VP of Sales, it was about 30 minutes in his office, he was busy, but gradually, as I made my case and described my experience, the balance of power shifted and he was selling me on the company rather than me selling myself as a candidate

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sungevity (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

There was a 25 minutes screening call with HR. They then set up an interview with the sales manager and sales director for later that week. I was offered employment after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Sell me an item of your choice.   1 Answer