Sungevity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sungevity Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

2.8

Solar Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sungevity.

Interview

Applied and received call back within 24 hours. Basic phone screening to see if it's a good mutual fit, then hour+ long interview with sales managers.

Very Difficult interview. They asked unique questions and gave great feedback. If you lack resiliency, confidence, and/or sales xp, it will be exposed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Received offer within one business day.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sungevity (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Great down to earth friendly staff. Everyone was very nice and sincere. Awesome group of people. I would recommend anyone looking for a great place to work to try out Sungevity.

Retail Solar Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sungevity (Cherry Hill, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

First, they had me speak with someone from HR. Once I got through that call I spoke with a manager a day or two later. After that, I was in the store working with someone for a day, then it was all me.

Interview Questions

• Would you be looking to move into other positions, promotions, in the future?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sungevity.

Interview

Called for a phone screen; the recruiter was over five minutes late to call me. She told me I would hear back from her the following week. I received an email from her a week later stating there was a delay in the process and I would hear back the next day. Two weeks later I received a formulaic rejection email.

Retail Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sungevity.

Interview

Very short interview. Mainly questions about your background and experience relevant to the job you're applying for. Having sales experience is a plus. Be very friendly and custiner service driven. Show that you are good to objection handling.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Got a phone interview first with some general questions, had to follow up for the further process, then after few days got the results. Was a very basic interview type asking about the knowledge and skills about the job I was applying for.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Oakland, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone screen with the recruiter, then a phone screen with hiring manager, then in-person with individuals and teams (on site, 4 hours, met with 10+ people), then in-person with SVP.... got the offer...

Interview Questions

• What interests you about the solar industry? Describe (on white board) how a consumer can figure out how much money they are saving by using solar, on a daily basis.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst - Direct Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sungevity in April 2016.

Interview

I only made it to the first round interview for the Marketing Analyst role which was a Skype call with someone from Human Resources, but during the interview she kept getting distracted by her colleagues walking by or stopping to chat. Multiple times, she laughed, looked away or asked me to repeat myself. I felt that she didn't pay attention to what I had to offer and that could've been a contending reason for why I was never contacted again.

I understand that not everyone is fit for a role, but I would've appreciated being taken seriously or being given a follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Which Marketing Automation & Data Analysis Tools I had experience with (Marketo, SalesForce, MailChimp, SQL etc.), and an example of where I struggled and whether/how I overcame that.   Answer Question

Solar Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanuet, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity (Nanuet, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was smooth and fun. There wasn't a lot of pressure to fit a mold. Everyone I spoke with was laid back and wanted me to feel comfortable. It was one of the least stressful interviews I have ever had. The interview had 2 parts, a phone interview and a face to face. Both interviewers were so nice and made sure I had all of the information I would need. They wanted me to be sure this was the company I wanted to work for. I was interviewing them, as much as they were interviewing me. It was a great experience.

Outside Sales Manager - East Coast Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sungevity.

Interview

Been interviewing w/several solar cos in MA recently. Made it to round 2 w/Channel Director. This one was on top of my list. Despite not being offered position (they probably found sum1 w/more management exp) it was an overall great experience. This company values its people, pretty easy to tell. Oh yeah, their talent acquisition team is top-knotch!

Interview Questions

• What kind of IS experience do I have. Checked to see if I fit their culture. No curveballs.   Answer Question