TSYS|Total System Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.7

Regional Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSYS|Total System Services (Grand Rapids, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

Went through the first interview today and it was about 40 minutes. Spoke really fast. Did let me know that there was a 88% retention rate which is not a good sign. Work from home, visit prospects in the area, cold call and have daily and weekly meetings with the regional manager in Chicago (Chris)

Interview Questions

• If there was one word to describe yourself, what would it be?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TSYS|Total System Services (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was surprisingly lengthy considering I was told multiple times it was a role that they wanted to fill quickly. I had a total of 6 phone interviews, with 6 different individuals at the company, totally 3 hours of conversations about the role.

After the phone interviews, I was invited for an in person interview were I met with 3 team members (2 who I had spoke with on the phone and 1 new individual) for another hour and a half. I was then told the next step in the process would be another in-person interview.

A few days after the in-person interview I received a vague and confusing voicemail from the HR contact I had been working directly with explaining that the role was "on hold" and "don't be surprised if you don't hear back from us for a while."

Overall, I wasted about a month of back and forth with TSYS. Still not certain if they decided not to hire for the position or if they just didn't want to tell me I wasn't being offered the role. I would have appreciated some more transparency and honesty. It's ok to not want to hire me, but at least be straight forward about it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience.   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TSYS|Total System Services (Louisville, KY) in September 2017.

Interview

I initially had a skype interview then met with a Manager face to face. The 3rd interview was over the phone. After not hearing anything after several weeks, I reached out to the Manager inquiring if I was still being considered. His response was "We'll be in touch". I never did receive a follow-up. I consider this very unprofessional and I don't want to work for a rude employer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TSYS|Total System Services.

Interview

good but long not very hard. it's just like any other interviewing process, but very simple. overall good experience, not too much else to say it except for it was good

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSYS|Total System Services (Columbus, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

1. You will receive an email with a link to take an online interview.
    2. You have to record yourself answering the questions
    3 technical skill and situational questions were asked
    4. Received a confirmation email

Interview Questions

• Some are about.. tell me a situation where you.... and some are technical questions..   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TSYS|Total System Services (Broomfield, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and did the cognitive/aptitude test. HR contacted me through email saying that i've passed cognitive/aptitude test with favorable results and wanted to schedule a phone interview and asked me to provide available times and days.
    I've provided very flexible windows including different days of the week, from AM-PM. But he called me very random time of the day like i was supposed to be available all day waiting that call. (Red flag no.1)
    During the phone interview HR tried to settle with me lowest amount in the salary range. (Red flag no.2)
    He has scheduled a in person interview and when i come down for it the security guard told me that i wasn't in her system for today's interview and wasn't expecting me. (Red flag no.3) She did some calls.
    About half an hour later 2 managers came down and interview started. each of them asked 4-5 questions and all pretty repetitive.
    Days passed and never heard from them (Red flag no.4) and finally i had to call them to find out i was not offered the job.
    I would stay away from company's like this in the future. If they can treat you like this before getting the job i can't imagine the after.

Interview Questions

• Experiences of dealing with angry, confused etc. customers   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TSYS|Total System Services (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview initially with the hiring manager. The phone interview consisted of describing my workflow in my current and past jobs. The in person interview was with the hiring manager and another IT representative. We went over my samples, and they asked for me to describe what I had written about for one sample without looking at the document.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in one word.   1 Answer
    • Did you create your own templates for your documents?   1 Answer
    • Did you have a broad picture of how you were going to write the help materials or did you create as you went along?   1 Answer
    • How did you gather your information for the different documentation?   1 Answer
    • What tools have you used in your past experience?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TSYS|Total System Services (Cypress, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screening and face to face interview. Answered phone screeners basic questions about my work history. She gave a brief summary of the job. I challenged her about the wording of the job description and she encouraged me to meet the managers and ask questions. So I did. I got a good feeling about the office and accepted even though the money wasn't great.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TSYS|Total System Services (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

3 phone screens (remote applicant); video interview. The process was acceptable and appropriate to the role. There was no follow-up after giving them 3+ hours to complete the virtual interview. Zero response. Not a thank you, or no thank you. An embarrassment to the HR profession.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work at...". I understand the reason for this question. It is appropriate later in the process when a candidate has perspective about the organization.   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TSYS|Total System Services.

Interview

A phone interview followed by an online test. After the test was passed and completed a final interview in front of 2-3 hiring managers. Once the final interview was completed I heard back within 2 weeks with their offer.

Interview Questions

• When determining credit worthiness of a company, would you look to the balance sheet or income statement first?   1 Answer