Tacit Knowledge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tacit Knowledge Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2017

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tacit Knowledge (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Recruiter based out of texas is NOT professional at all. I was asked questions totally unrelated to my job profile and there was needless curiosity in the other offer I had in hand, judging the company I had the offer in hand. This behavior is unacceptable. The interview overall was OK. The team is small and office space is good. Did not enjoy the day long interview process especially with one of the interviewers being over critical and judgmental.

Interview Questions

• Give 3 values about yourself ? (More like a moral science question)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tacit Knowledge (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then HR called. HR took interview for one day, HR person didn't had enough time as they asked so many questions and interview went over hr, so i was told to do another HR interview next day. I did that and my info was pass to director. After a week Director called, he seems to be nice person, understood what i bring on table and where i am coming from and despite that he looked the potential in me and decided to bring me onsite for f2f. After a week i was called to come in and they booked flight ticket and a hotel to stay a night.

Three steps interview
    1. HR called for interview
    2. Director (manager) called for interview
    3. Face to face with the team

Interview Questions

• 1. General project management related questions
      2. Asked me my knowledge in ecommerce
      3. how to manage team/clients
      4. During face to face, I was asked very similar questions. However the team was very young to conduct this kind of interview in my opinion. As i could see the atleast two of the members who took interviews they are just following some direction given to them about what kind of questions they need to ask.
      One of the question was very poor kind of question, the interviewer brought an email conversation between two people and asked me to interpret. There could be thousands possibility of that email. Without knowing entire email chain you can predict.
      For face to face, the company spend some money to fly me in and put me in a hotel nearby. It took about a week for them to decide after interview to reply me back that i they will pass on my candidacy. I asked the feedback as i was very confident on my responses and what i bring on table with my experience but no feedback.
      The process was ok, in my opinion, i didn't get a chance to meet the manager. Without meeting the manager the young members on a team just decided to pass upon me. I believe that was not a good decision.

Just FYI.. all the pictures on glassdoor are from other office. As NY office is very small.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tacit Knowledge (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

In despite of long interview and "no offer" result I think it was one of the best interview in my life.
    They are doing it on very high level. Just be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Employment history discussion, coding task, design and problem solving tasks,   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tacit Knowledge (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It was a detailed, tough 6 hour process with 5 different interviews and a social lunch. I really appreciated the process because I was able to ask as many questions as they asked me. They really do their due diligence to ensure they hire only the best people.

Interview Questions

• Some great technical questions to test my level of eCommerce development and Agile practices.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were great, polite, fast and realistic.

PM/Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tacit Knowledge.

Interview

Process included one phone interview, then an in person meeting that was most of the day. At first that was a bit surprising but it was broken into a few parts - technical, scenario-based and open discussion. I was there at 9:30am then another group took me to lunch which was more of a personality fit experience. All of the questions were relevant and didn't feel like a quiz but more of a discussion however I also definitely felt challenged. It was a bit intimidating and certainly exhausting but I really appreciated the thoroughness.

Interview Questions

• Hands on exercise to map out a project scenario and steps   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Tacit Knowledge (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job via LinkedIn and had an initial phone screen with a recruiter. After about 30 minutes we agreed on mutual interest, so the next step was to set up a phone interview.

I happened to be in the Bay Area for vacation, so I asked if I could stop by the office in person. A 30 minute quick meeting was scheduled early the following week. Shortly after the visit, I was asked if I could come in for an all day interview the following day. Tacit graciously provided accommodations and a change in my return flight.

The all day interview was a series of meetings with about 12 people with different functions in the company. We started with work history summary, but most of the meetings were technical scenario competencies held with experts in various domains (project management, dev ops, development). A casual lunch outing was provided by the engagement managers.

While the interviews were somewhat intense, the environment was very welcoming. Questions were relevant to real world competency. They covered everything in a single day, including HR specifics like compensation and benefits.

The process is intense, but efficient. There's definitely a focus on both culture fit and competency. Since the team has a collective say in the hiring, decisions are made quickly. The people were so great, I knew I wanted to work there by the end of the day.

This experience set the bar for prospective employers. I've never been treated so well and was just thankful for the experience. Fortunately, I ended up with an offer that evening which I accepted on the spot.

Interview Questions

• There were scenarios that were definitely different than my realm of experience.   1 Answer

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tacit Knowledge (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Well structured, but not terribly difficult questions to anyone that has experience delivering technology solutions and is allowed to elaborate on that experience: 1.) Top grade: interviewer knew some of the firms that I had worked with and took a somewhat paranoia generating tone in the interview, but it was detailed enough to get the information required if fairly assessed, but most firms take the time to get interviewees consent to speak with former employers and associates, 2.) Responsibility for delivery: review of Agile concepts. Honestly, I had worked on SCRUM teams with 4-6 delivery groups on highly organized on-off shore verticals with full web-analytics and highly vetted methods. They later indicated to the recruiter that this was a weak area, but I know this to not be the case. There was some indication that the tools I used were of a different type than they had in mind, but I know that they are the industry standards for BA/BSA work so I didn't pay much attention there - maybe not have a serious opinion here, as developers like to tell users the tools they need, 3.) excellent lunch provided off-site, 4.) White board overview of IT stack previously delivered; my example was not eCommerce, but two of the developers liked it, repeating that it was great, even after the director left the meeting immediately, sending a message that this was not the type of platform they were used to discussing (perhaps), 5.) Rambler: Responses to simple a.) requirements vetting and b.) sign-off request messages from a past client are discussed. They might have asked about root-cause analysis instead since this is one of their sweet spots.Interviewer could not answer question wrt metrics used on BIGG EYE (Big Data analysis tool created by the firm). Thought I may have been perceived as prying. 6.) HR meeting. Attempted to pay a complement by stating that I was impressed with firm's GD rating. Told that they do not "talk about Glass Door" ratings. A bit odd. No responses to the seven thank you emails I sent to the group.

Interview Questions

• If an interviewer has a preconceived perception to answer an answer based on third-party information already provided wrt interviewee and makes this point plain, and he lends that source undue credibility, it is difficult to overcome said perception.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tacit Knowledge in August 2013.

Interview

Insightful and thoughtful 6-8 hour interview schedule in one day, rather than 3-4 repeat visits. Each session allowed me to convey or demonstrate my experience whilst also presenting the type of work and challenges I would face day-to-day with Tacit Knowledge.

There was minimal repetition with the questions and I found the whole experience enjoyable. I especially appreciate the cultural fit lunch with colleagues I would not likely work with every day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was a couple of phone calls back and forth with the MD but we both had similar expectations and no surprises.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tacit Knowledge (Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process took about one week. Firstly, there was a technical phone screening, the interviewer asked questions about my background, experience and previous positions. After that, I was invited to an on-site interview. The interview consisted on three different stages and took the whole day to complete. It was very challenging, but very rewarding. In the first stage I was interviewed by a software engineer who asked me questions about my background (basically the same questions that they asked me on the phone screening). The second stage consisted of a pair-programming task on which I had to solve a problem by coding a real solution on Java, the software engineer was basically taking a look at my code, giving feedback and asking questions about the approaches I took, it was a tough and unexpected exercise. After that, there was a break on which I was invited to have lunch with other guys from the company, that was really cool and kind from them. In the final stage, a tech lead came to the room and we both designed an architectural solution for implementing a web application, at this point I was very relaxed and enthusiastic. The three guys that interviewed me were very polite and helpful. Although having all the interviews in one day was very tiring, I felt it was a good approach as you don't have to attend on different days, and more if you live in another city (like in my case), and more importantly, they gave me a result that same day (right immediately finishing the last interview).

Interview Questions

• Create a Logger utility from scratch   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tacit Knowledge (Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)).

Interview

Very challenging process but very rewarding, couple of phone calls, one more soft and one more techie, then invited to an in-house where we did a solution design exercise and a great pair programming interview, the person they paired me with was very senior and friendly. Oh they also took me to lunch with part of the team, it was then that I realized this was a company I wanted to work for.