Tacit Knowledge Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 18 of over 18 interviews

3.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tacit Knowledge

Tacit Knowledge

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tacit Knowledge

Interview

Interview include 2 main phases: 1. Phone screen that has the main goal to understand if professional experience and personal skills of candidate much to company expectations and needs. Include some general questions about previous experience, theoretical knowledge and troubleshooting. Important part is communication and language skills (takes ~45 min) 2. In House interview. This part include three steps of deep review of the following knowledge and skills: - Understanding of fundamental role of QA Engineer within the team. Understanding of base theoretical principles of Quality Assurance - Practice exercise in analysis, Test Case creation, Exploratory Testing - Theory and Practice of technical knowledge and automation procedures. In house interview takes ~4 hours (including breaks and lunch) The main scope of interview is not in skills check but most in talents research. Team trying to find persons with specific mind set and interested and professional growing. All interview is processed by QA team members who is going to work with candidate on daily basis in case of success.

Interview Questions
  • Fundamental role of QA Engineer within the SDLC :) Basically most of questions base on previous candidate experience. Practice part include individual and specific tasks.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Jalisco

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Tacit Knowledge (Guadalajara, Jalisco, Jalisco) in Feb 2017

Interview

The process took about one week. Firstly, there was a technical phone screening, the interviewer asked questions about my background, experience and previous positions. After that, I was invited to an on-site interview. The interview consisted on three different stages and took the whole day to complete. It was very challenging, but very rewarding. In the first stage I was interviewed by a software engineer who asked me questions about my background (basically the same questions that they asked me on the phone screening). The second stage consisted of a pair-programming task on which I had to solve a problem by coding a real solution on Java, the software engineer was basically taking a look at my code, giving feedback and asking questions about the approaches I took, it was a tough and unexpected exercise. After that, there was a break on which I was invited to have lunch with other guys from the company, that was really cool and kind from them. In the final stage, a tech lead came to the room and we both designed an architectural solution for implementing a web application, at this point I was very relaxed and enthusiastic. The three guys that interviewed me were very polite and helpful. Although having all the interviews in one day was very tiring, I felt it was a good approach as you don't have to attend on different days, and more if you live in another city (like in my case), and more importantly, they gave me a result that same day (right immediately finishing the last interview).

Interview Questions
  • Create a Logger utility from scratch

Application

Interview

Very challenging process but very rewarding, couple of phone calls, one more soft and one more techie, then invited to an in-house where we did a solution design exercise and a great pair programming interview, the person they paired me with was very senior and friendly. Oh they also took me to lunch with part of the team, it was then that I realized this was a company I wanted to work for.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Jalisco

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tacit Knowledge (Guadalajara, Jalisco, Jalisco) in Aug 2016

Interview

Application and first touch with recruiter: Recruiter contacted me by linkedin and request to apply in a form online. Recruiter was soft and capable to communicate effectively and in time. All good. Recruiter Interview: The first interview with recruiter was more related to my resume and past experience, benefits the company has to offer and expected salary. A few questions about agile and testing were asked. Technical interview: The 100% technical interview, the interviewer questions were very ambiguous with no defined scope. Questions needs to be better rewritten and redefined. Long In-house interview: *By mail, recruiter explained the stages of the in-house interview, to know what to expect. The real interview process and stages were different and unexpected. *The first stage (2 hours long aprox) was related to career experience and current job. Is not ethical that tacit company is requesting to explain step by step the internal processes (with flowcharts) of candidate's current job, instead of valuate candidate experience. This experience makes me wonder if I was the interviewed or if the company who i work for currently was being evaluated. There are no need of this kind of explanations if interviewer ask key questions, for example. *For the second stage with different interviewers was related to problems resolutions/quiz. Statements requirements was not clear, understandable and not related to software development. "If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”-Einstein. Candidates may have strong capabilities for solving day to day scenarios related to the job who will be hired for rather than this kind of problems. Also the interviewer changed aspects of the scope every often, and the solutions provided were different every time making this experience exhaustive by another 2 hours approximately. It seems they are expecting problem should be solved exactly with the solution they are expecting. And when i asked how I will be evaluated with this kind of exercises, they explained to me there are no wrong answer and they are evaluating how the way of candidate thinks..... for me this was highly contradictory... *At the end of the second stage interviewer explained we will move out to the next stage of the process but suddenly the other interviewer came back and leave me out of the building. The candidate should also know in advance if the in-house interview process can be terminated at anytime, promises of passing to the next stage by the same interviewers are considered rude. The whole process creates the expectation of a full day interview. I consider rude that one interviewer tells you you are going to the next stage and suddenly another person kicks you out of the building. In general, I believe there are no need for such long in-house interview process if the first interviewers does the job well, key questions will be asked and not wasting candidate's time in the process and being treated with rudeness.

Interview Questions
  • Statement was related to evaluate manufacture process of leggo blocks packages with different kind of shape, color and size.

Anonymous Employee in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Jalisco

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tacit Knowledge (Guadalajara, Jalisco, Jalisco) in Apr 2016

Interview

First stage is a phone interview from recruiting to perform the first screening, english level and some predefined technical questions. Second stage is a phone interview by an engineer with more in depth technical questions. Third stage is an in-house interview that takes most of the day

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Jalisco

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Tacit Knowledge (Guadalajara, Jalisco, Jalisco) in Mar 2016

Interview

It is composed of personal and technical phone screening first. Then is a remote code interview where your skills on programming, logic and TDD are tested. Finally is a one day of interviews on site. The on site interviews go from career review to several technical topics on technologies, like programming languages, HTML, OS, Frameworks, Design Patterns, Solution Design and Software Delivery. After all interviews are finished, an offer is done and a formal offer letter sent by email.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Code a Cache Manager in Java to store any kind of object. 2. Extend the Cache Manager to include scheduled object invalidation (free cache) based on priority.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tacit Knowledge (San Francisco, CA) in Sep 2015

Interview

Recruiter based out of texas is NOT professional at all. I was asked questions totally unrelated to my job profile and there was needless curiosity in the other offer I had in hand, judging the company I had the offer in hand. This behavior is unacceptable. The interview overall was OK. The team is small and office space is good. Did not enjoy the day long interview process especially with one of the interviewers being over critical and judgmental.

Interview Questions
  • Give 3 values about yourself ? (More like a moral science question)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tacit Knowledge (New York, NY) in Aug 2015

Interview

I applied online, then HR called. HR took interview for one day, HR person didn't had enough time as they asked so many questions and interview went over hr, so i was told to do another HR interview next day. I did that and my info was pass to director. After a week Director called, he seems to be nice person, understood what i bring on table and where i am coming from and despite that he looked the potential in me and decided to bring me onsite for f2f. After a week i was called to come in and they booked flight ticket and a hotel to stay a night. Three steps interview 1. HR called for interview 2. Director (manager) called for interview 3. Face to face with the team

Interview Questions
  • 1. General project management related questions 2. Asked me my knowledge in ecommerce 3. how to manage team/clients 4. During face to face, I was asked very similar questions. However the team was very young to conduct this kind of interview in my opinion. As i could see the atleast two of the members who took interviews they are just following some direction given to them about what kind of questions they need to ask. One of the question was very poor kind of question, the interviewer brought an email conversation between two people and asked me to interpret. There could be thousands possibility of that email. Without knowing entire email chain you can predict. For face to face, the company spend some money to fly me in and put me in a hotel nearby. It took about a week for them to decide after interview to reply me back that i they will pass on my candidacy. I asked the feedback as i was very confident on my responses and what i bring on table with my experience but no feedback. The process was ok, in my opinion, i didn't get a chance to meet the manager. Without meeting the manager the young members on a team just decided to pass upon me. I believe that was not a good decision. Just FYI.. all the pictures on glassdoor are from other office. As NY office is very small.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tacit Knowledge (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015

Interview

In despite of long interview and "no offer" result I think it was one of the best interview in my life. They are doing it on very high level. Just be prepared.

Interview Questions
  • Employment history discussion, coding task, design and problem solving tasks,

Anonymous Employee in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Jalisco

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tacit Knowledge (Guadalajara, Jalisco, Jalisco) in Mar 2015

Interview

The interview process was composed by several interviews. All remotely. With the interviews, i also got really interesting talks with people at different countries and with really distinct time zones. From there i got an idea that i was in front of a company using all the advantages of technology and with a so proficient team.

Interview Questions
  • The final round of the interview process, was an only technical talk with a DevOps Engineer who knew in a deep level what he was talking about. Questions about Linux, DevOps, Programming skills, and so on.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Interviews