The Hartford Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hartford Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.8

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

Phone interview. The HR guy was rude from the very beginning. Seemed to be disgusted by the fact that I was referred by a current employee. Asked me exactly two questions and then said he'd get back to me. Very poor experience overall. Not sure if HR guy is a terrible person or was just having a bad day and decided to take it out on me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I had applied online and completed a online assessment. Within a week or so, I was contacted by Shari. She was very nice. After speaking with her she invited me to a in-person interview. I was interviewed by two people from management . They were very nice as well and made me feel very comfortable during the whole interview.

Customer Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Charlotte, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a “speed interview” with behavioral based questions. The “tell me of a time when....” or “give me an example of a situation when you...” type of questions. You come into a room and have seat with your name in front of you and the managers (I think it was 11 for my interview) all come around and ask you a behavioral based question. They take a few notes and grade you then and there. Don’t be afraid. It was pretty quick and painless lol. I had an amazing recruiter named Shari and she helped me prep for my interview. She told me to just be myself and smoke because I already had the skills. She made me feel super relaxed and at ease. The speed interview was maybe 25 minutes and then we went back to the conference room (we started in the conference room listening to a typical phone call from a small business owner) to go over benefits and to ask any questions. It took maybe all of an hour for the entire process. We were told that we would know something within 24 hours and I got a call from Shari the next morning around 0900.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you went stepped outside of the box at work and what were the end results?   1 Answer

ECDLP Tech Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

Started with a phone screening, then a phone interview with HR manager. Finally a in person interview that included a business case and a tour of the main campus. Most questions were behavioral, with technical questions but no coding or anything.

Customer Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at The Hartford (Charlotte, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

You apply online, then you have to take an assessment. If you successfully pass the assessment you get an email to schedule a phone interview. From there you move to the face to face interview, which is like speed dating with 11 people.

While there the employees seemed to be running around & kept us waiting due to “technical difficulties” as they explained it. I read other people’s reviews about them lacking advancement in technology so that could have been the case. Also, an individual was late arriving (which is not my business) but the operations manager Nacy came out and cocked her neck back when she was told in front of everyone! Then the other two ladies began discussing how “that’s never good”. Why this was done with a room full of everyone interviewing, I have no clue! They definitely could have taken the conversation into a secluded place and didn’t. I definitely read other reviews on here & indeed that mentioned the atmosphere was ghetto & the workers are unpaid. Their unprofessional displays of lack of privacy for that individual was extremely distasteful in my opinion! I morally don’t stand behind a company like this! I don’t feel bad about not getting an offer. I would much rather work in a professional environment with people who are not petty & gossip. I wish I could tell that individual to run & not walk away from The Hartford. Their display says a lot about them. The environment seems professional however I saw a lot of unacceptable and inappropriate situations which made me not want to be apart of the organization anymore.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford in December 2017.

Interview

You apply online, if you meet the threshold you will get a follow up email from the system asking you to do an assessment. Assessment last about 45 minutes, obviously depending on your speed it may take longer or less time. They do take a bit of time to get back to you if they want a phone interview. The interview is standard stuff, past employers,/reason for leaving, education, reason you want to join the company...questions they asked were standard questions, someone else here posted the questions i think. It seems they are always under pressure =, the interview was a bit rushed, the lady was nice but she seemed stressed which to me is a red flag, but that is just my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you things didn't go as planned, and a customer/client got upset, how did you resolve the same?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford (Windsor, CT) in December 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, she was very professional and answered all of my questions while also trying to find out more about me. She was very friendly and outgoing! I then got offered an in person interview. The in person interview was a speed interview where I was interviewed my two separate managers. Both managers were also very professional and answered all of my questions. They both seemed genuinely interested in me and gave me their full focus and attention. One of the managers especially stood out to me as she related myself and my process and what I want to do in life to hers. This gave me more drive and determination! It also made me very excited to work with and for such great people.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Very exciting, round table interview process. Shari was the greatest talent recruiter I have ever had pleasure to speak with. I hope everyone has chance to experience this process

Customer Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Antonio, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

It was very different, very energetic. We got to meet all the managers in one sitting.
    But it wasn't a group interview per se. Each manager went around to a candidate and asked one question which you were given 90 seconds to answer. Like I said very different, but effective.

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford in November 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position and had to do an assessment/job simulation. I had a couple of technical difficulties but it was submitted. About a month late I got an update on the website that someone will be calling me to schedule a phone interview and give me details about the position. That call never came instead I got a non personalize email expressing the urgency to schedule a phone interview within the next few days with no further information about the position. I replied to the email about an hour later with my availability. The recruiter never replied to my email and I did not have a phone interview. Luckily I am currently employed so I’m not that disappointed in losing the opportunity. The main issue for me was the unprofessionalism, I cleared my schedule for an interview that was never confirmed nor conducted. Hopefully your experience is better than mine.