The Hartford Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hartford Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.8

Staff Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

Wonderful experience. I applied online and within 2 weeks I had a phone interview, in-person interview and received an offer. The in-house recruiter was very helpful throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Associate Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford (Syracuse, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, took an online assessment test, was emailed to set up phone interview. Learned about the position and went over my resume during that call. A few days later I received an email with the time and date of my face to face interview.

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

I first had a phone screen with an HR manager, who asked questions about my experience and interest level. My background is not in this industry, so I knew it would be difficult to get hired, but I was really interested in moving to the Hartford. After not hearing for over two weeks, I thought I was no longer being considered. But, then I heard from HR that I was to be scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager. My second interview was also a phone interview, as the position was located in Hartford, but the hiring manager lived in another state. He asked some of the same questions about my experience and spoke to the position some. Fairly easy. I was hoping to hear quickly, but I checked their careers website, and the position was put on hold. I wish they would have sent an email letting me know.

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford (Scottsdale, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

typical scenario interview process. the usual 'tell me a time when' type of questions. Also asked the way you would react in certain work environment scenarios. Also what I already knew about the hartford. so do a little research and prepare a little before the interview happens... just be confident and keep talking as much as you can

Interview Questions

• Tell us something that you are proud of   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wausau, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford (Wausau, WI).

Interview

Initial phone interview with human resources was pleasant. The questions were simply and it consisted of mostly a gathering background info. Hopefully I will make it the next round of face to face interviews. Overall the Hartford left me with a good first impression.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hartfrd, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford (West Hartfrd, CT).

Interview

Did a phone interview with a recruiter, then had a panel interviewer with hiring managers. Overall the process seemed to go well until I had the panel interview and they never contacted me afterwards. I think it left a bad taste in my mouth when not only did I receive no rejection email but took time out of my schedule to interview. I found out only when the website stated the position was filled. The recruiter was non responsive after interview was scheduled which I found highly unprofessional. How hard is it to schedule a canned rejection email?

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions-
      What is one criticism your current manager has about you? What is one thing you have been told to work on?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

I got an interview through my school's coop program and had an in person interview in the Boston office with the VP, executive director and MD. And that was it, nothing more than that. I got a response back within a week with an offer. Fairly easy process.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Applied in mid May. The day I applied I had to take a pre-employment assessment. It also had like a call center mock assessment in there to feature what you'll be doing and also making sure you could do it. A little more than a month later I got a email stating to do a 20-30 min phone assessment. Phone assessment briefly explains the position and salary. Got invited to do a in person interview the following day at their location. Lasted about 20 mins. Very easy & personable. A mini tour of their building.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Hartford (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was like speed dating. You say and interviewed with 12 different reps. You had 90 seconds to answer their question. It appeared they used a 1-10 scale format. I thought I did well but I didn't get an offer. I interviewed once over the phone with a recruiter and then the 12 panel interview at the office.

Customer Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

After doing the online assessment I was scheduled for phone interview. The phone interview was about 20 minutes. We briefly discussed employment history and job responsibilities. I was then set up for an in person interview. Their interview process is definitely different and I honestly found it to be refreshing. It's a bit like speed dating. There was around 10 of us interviewing for the position and after a brief overview of what the job entails we were taken to a conference room where we each sat at a small table that had our names written on a place card. Basically you have 90 seconds to answer a behavioral type interview question. After 90 seconds another person sits down at your table to ask you another question. I think I answered about 12 questions then we were finished. We were told initially that we would be notified within 24hrs whether they would be extending an offer or not. I didn't actually hear back from them for about three days though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were not recognized for your performance and how did you handle that.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you feel you went above and beyond to provide customer service.   Answer Question