The Hartford Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 602 of over 602 interviews

Campus Recruiting10%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

The Hartford

Application

I interviewed at The Hartford

Interview

Challenging but average interview. . Just relax. Maybe a glass of water will help to ease the anxiety. Interview is at least 35 min long, but it went by pretty fast.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you went above and beyond in your previous job?
    Answer Question

The Hartford

Application

I interviewed at The Hartford

Interview

The process was an online application followed by initial phone screen with a recruiting representative. Interviews were conducted onsite with about 6 different people. Interviews were for recent graduates and were mostly behavioral in nature.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Hartford (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

Recruiter will send you an assessment. Takes about 30 mins. Complex but simple at the same time. Next is a two person panel interview to discuss your skills, what you bring to the table, and why you’re a good fit. Second interview is with the director who will promptly go over what happened in the first interview, but more wants to greet you and see if you’re a good fit and how you are as a person. Interview process took about a week and a half from start to finish.

Interview Questions
  • How proficient are you with excel? Tell me some formulas and other things you know with it.
  • What do you bring to the table?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford (Dallas, TX) in Apr 2022

Interview

Zoom call, two interviewers asked about 5 different behavior questions based off of your previous experience. Wants you to answer questions very detailed and step by step. As long as you do that you are fine

Interview Questions
  • What was a difficult situation that you had to overcome

The Hartford

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford

Interview

Pretty informal through first steps. Very nice employees. Straightforward. Had several conversations with management and one with HR. Seemed like competitive compensation and good working environment. Offered flexibility. Pretty informal overall.

Interview Questions
  • General experience, book size, development. I asked questions about team and working environment. Seemed like competitive salary options in line with competition. Seemed flexible and management seemed they would not micro manage. Seemed like overall good company and decent opportunity.
  • Tell me about your experience? What are you looking for?
2 people found this interview helpful

The Hartford

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Hartford

Interview

The interview was a 2 person panel. They each took turns asking behavioral based interview questions. They use the STAR method. They asked the generic questions and went over in detail the day to day duties of the position.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult coworker. What was the situation? How did you handle it and what was the outcome.

The Hartford

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford

Interview

I went through several interviews and thought the interviews went very well but never received a “ No Thank You”. I would’ve expected more from this company but I was ghosted with no follow up response. I found this to be very unprofessional!

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

The Hartford

Application

I interviewed at The Hartford

Interview

Pass the Assessment. 30 minute Phone interview with a recruiter and then one hour zoom interview with managers. It is all pretty lead back. They make you feel comfortable. Practice situational questions beforehand.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Dallas, TX) in Mar 2022

Interview

First interview was informal phone call with a recruiter. I was asked questions about prior work experience and how they can transfer to role applying. Second interview was via Microsoft Teams, with two managers who asked approximately 4 questions that should be answered in STAR Method.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT) in Mar 2022

Interview

A phone interview with a recruiter followed by video interview. The phone interview and video interview were about two-three days apart and were both hosted by kind, clear and concise interviewers.

Interview Questions
  • What is your background and how do you believe it fits with this role?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 602 Interviews

The Hartford Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at The Hartford as 63.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.77 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Customer Relationship Specialist and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Service Representative and Claims Adjuster roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at The Hartford takes an average of 22 days when considering 683 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Underwriter had the quickest hiring process (on average 15 days), whereas Customer Relationship Specialist roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 38 days).

Common stages of the interview process at The Hartford according to 683 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 24.43%