Cover image for The Hartford

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

The Hartford Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 666 of over 666 interviews

Campus Recruiting9%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT) in Nov 2023

Interview

The turn around and response was quick. First interview with recruiter then second interview with management. The recruiter sets you up for success and gives you recommendations to prep for second interview. The whole process took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you made a decision without having all of the information at hand.
    1 Answer

The Hartford

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford

Interview

I got scheduled for a phone interview, (I dont live in the same state where they are located). The interview was simple, behavioral questions, then asked me about my resume. Told me they would forward my resume to the hiring manager, and if they liked what they saw they would schedule me for a technical interview.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral questions, and to talk about projects I had on my resume as well as talk about other projects im currently working on (if any).

What people are saying about The Hartford

Got a burning question about interviews at The Hartford? Just ask!

On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with The Hartford employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

Ask About Interviews

The Hartford

Application

I interviewed at The Hartford

Interview

Short and all through zoom. Very quick. Asked basic interview questions that were easy to answer and mostly behavior questions. Was done in 2 interviews over video conference. It was quick.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT)

Interview

Behavioral Interview Process delivered by multiple people in the organization. Felt prepared for the discussion and did my research. Sent a thank you email after the process. Am confident that I will be a fit for the organization.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Hartford

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Hartford

Interview

The interview panel did a thorough job of determining qualifications and experience for the role. Several rounds of interviews were conducted. The HR/Recruiting team dropped the ball in communication. No responses were given after multiple attempts. Corporate communication completely dropped out of sight and failed miserably. Eventually, the automated rejection was received more than a month after the final interview. Treat all candidates like adults. We can handle rejection, but at least inform us when you have made a decision.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Hartford

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford

Interview

I’ve been applying to this company since 2021. Back in january 2023 I applied for a position and the recruiter reached out to me to set up a phone interview. The day of nobody reached out to me and returned my email. Recently I was going through my email and seen the message so I thought it would be worth a try to reach out to the recruiter again. She immediately apologized and sent me a job to apply for and stated once I applied to let her know. So I did that, a week went past and I heard nothing. So I emailed her again. She stated that my app was denied because the amount I wanted was out of the pay range. Even though it was in the middle of the amount they had posted in the job description. We agreed to a different pay and I told her I was still interested. I check online and my app was now in a “pending” stage. Only to receive another denial for the same position that she pulled the app out of. This whole recruitment process was horrible and if this is a reflection of the company that I once thought so highly of I will never apply again.

Interview Questions
  • None, I was not contacted as stated and instead was ghosted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT) in Oct 2023

Interview

I was scheduled for a fifteen minute phone interview that turned into four minutes with HR. They rushed me through the first two standard questions and didn't really answer any of the ones I asked. They then told me they'd let me know if they thought I could be brought in for additional interviews and ended the call. The representative from HR rushed through her piece, didn't listen to anything I had to say, and did not care about communicating anything related to the role. I was referred to this position because of my qualifications and was completely disregarded on the call. I would have preferred not to get an interview at all and won't be applying to this company again.

Interview Questions
  • What experience do you have? Do you have any questions for me?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT) in Oct 2023

Interview

The first step was a phone call with the talent acquisition manager and I did not make it past that step even with a referral from a current employee there.

Interview Questions
  • What was one experience where you experienced difficulty and how did you overcome it?

The Hartford

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford in Oct 2023

Interview

Very friendly and understanding. Would definitely recommend. We spoke hours and I wasn’t able to work the hours after training. My recruiter informed me he loved my honesty and to please let him know if anything changed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Hartford

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford in Sep 2023

Interview

After submitting my application and resume on September 11th, I heard back within a few days from the hiring team. Then was offered a second interview with two managers. The interview process was good overall. I used the STAR method to answer the few carefully curated examples I had of “times when”

Interview Questions
  • What was a time when you had to go over and beyond job expectations.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 666 Interviews

The Hartford Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at The Hartford as 61.8% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.77 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Front-End Web Developer and Specialist rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Insurance Sales and Client Services Consultant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at The Hartford takes an average of 21.07 days when considering 663 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Policy Service had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Senior Project Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 120 days).

Common stages of the interview process at The Hartford according to 663 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 24.75%

The Hartford logo

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

Graduate Student

Hi! Looking for some advice regarding hiring processes. I completed 2 interviews with the company and they emailed to say they "want to put me forward for the job" and asked for references, passport, and for me to do a background check. I didn't hear anything for a week, so then emailed to check on my application status. They responded saying they would get back at the end of that week. Its been 2 weeks since. I emailed last week to ask for an update and have not received a response. Thoughts?

6 Comments

ComEd

Got booted from my former position about 4 years ago, which I LOVED. I have the impression I was "kept" in sympathy. Now that I have my feet beneath me, I feel like I'm running in place. Over the past 2 years, I've probably applied for about 100 positions in other departments. True, a few were unlikely moonshots, but for the most part I didn't misrepresent myself. Am I the world's worst interviewer? Otherwise.. shouldn't I have been accepted elsewhere, by choice?

4 Comments

Administrative Assistant

I haven't worked since Jan. 2020 when my job as administrative assistant for the Hospitalist group was eliminated. I can't begin to count the number of applications submitted, interviews I've had, jobs that I was told were mine then they weren't, etc. Several jobs have fallen through or not panned out. I am not a job hopper and want to stay where I go. I have a zoom interview tomorrow for a front desk receptionist position at an oral surgeon's office. Any interview tips are appreciated.

12 Comments

The Hartford Careers

Cover image for The Hartford

From Cloud Computing to AI to Data Science, DevSecOps and IoT, technology is driving transformation across our company. As part of our...More

• Company Overview
  • Culture
  • Your Career
  • Job Preview Videos

The Hartford Photos

+ Add Photo
The Hartford photo of: Convenient Onsite TechExpress
The Hartford photo of: Chris Swift and college students who are members of Gamma Iota Sigma
The Hartford photo of: Collaboration