The Hartford Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 554 of over 554 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

The Hartford

Application

I interviewed at The Hartford

Interview

Very simple, two phone interviews. One was pre-screen w/ HR. The second was with the manager. Softball questions were asked, the manager was friendly and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in five years?
    Answer Question

The Hartford

Application

I interviewed at The Hartford

Interview

Interview 2 days after submission, then did a call screening and a video interview with the hiring manager. Everyone was very nice and they were all able to answer any questions I had.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Hartford

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Hartford

Interview

Well structured interview, relaxed and friendly approach and strong questions. Great opportunities to ask questions. There were two interviewers, one from HR and one from management. I suggest you go into the interview prepped with knowledge of the company and field of interest.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Hartford

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford

Interview

The recruiter was awesome However the interviewers were so arrogant No set process One of them joined in the beginning and said he has a meeting so will have to drop Other one started asking questions on topics that were not on the resume. Asked if I was AWS certified and was a huge deal for them Asked a stupid string reverse question LOL Then started asking questions like have you used AWS cognito and some other services - again not referring to the resume Tried to google search another implementation question - literally took 5 mins break to search a question He just wanted to show that he was the best. Even if i had been given an offer I would have declined

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Hartford

Application

I interviewed at The Hartford

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews. Lengthy wait (more than several months) before an offer was made. Intense questions and high expectations for employees are made clear. Professional and typical of the industry.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Hartford

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford

Interview

Although I didn’t end up going with them, their interview process was quick and wonderful. Everyone was so nice and my friend got a job offer and is very happy.

Interview Questions
  • Basics for first interview. More in depth which questions about experience from your resume. They go into a lot of detail about benefits. Benefits are wonderful.

The Hartford

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford

Interview

It was not an interview. The gentlemen spoke the whole time and really only asked me two or three generic sales questions. He was very non-chaulant and instead of being upfront with me that he would choose other candidates- he made me assume they would be interested in a formal interview. I understand the hiring process is rigorous and as much as they want the right candidate, I want the right job and I found the experience to not be upfront. I believe I would have been an excellent candidate and as much as it is their loss- I hope they get to know their candidates better so they don’t loose potentially superb employees.

Interview Questions
  • There were sales questions based on experience and hypothetical role play
1 person found this interview helpful

The Hartford

Application

I interviewed at The Hartford

Interview

I was taken to a large cafeteria like room where a dozen interviews were being conducted simultaneously. I did not care for it. I thought it was distracting and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT) in Mar 2021

Interview

After applying online, I received a call from HR. I answered some questions regarding job compatibility, and I was told to take the online assessment. I took the online assessment and was called back the very next day. I was told I did very well on it, and I was scheduled for a video interview with the hiring manager for the following week. The hiring manager asked a majority of negatively worded questions. She heavily focused on asking me to describe past mistakes and disagreements at my former work place. She seemed a bit distracted at times because she was busy typing my answers into a computer instead of thoroughly listening to what I had to say. However, the interviewing manager made it sound like I got the job. She went into great detail about what I would experience day to day on the job and when training would start, etc. In fact, she spent a quarter of the interview selling me on the job. She told me how there was plenty of room for advancement and that with my experience, I would have many opportunities to grow within the company. I asked her if there was anything she would like me to clarify or that would hold me back from getting the job. She said no and that I should hear back in a week. I was surprised when I received the rejection letter. I have more than enough experience to excel at this entry level job.

Interview Questions
  • Can you describe a time when you disagreed with your manager? Can you describe a time when you made a mistake? Can you describe a time when you had a problem with a former co-worker?
1 person found this interview helpful

The Hartford

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford

Interview

In -person, multi-round interview. I interviewed with 4 different people over the course of 2 hours. One person said, " I don't know why they asked me to do this interview."

Interview Questions
  • Tell about a difficult situation, and how you dealt with it.

The Hartford

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford

Interview

The entire interview process was awesome. The recruiter provided tons of information to prepare me for my interview and the interviewers made me feel comfortable as well. So happy to be working for them.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time where you faced a difficult situation at work and how did you handle it?
4 people found this interview helpful