The Hartford Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Inbound Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Antonio, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

I was referred by current employee. I applied online and next day I received an email to setup a phone interview.

The phone interview was great, professional and encouraging. Ms. Shari, the Recruiter, went over the position's job description, asked questions about my work experience, and behavioral questions related to customer service. I was given a date (2 weeks after) to interview with Management.

The in person interview was a fun experience. Everyone was accommodating, nice, professional and knowledgeable. They asked behavioral questions all related to customer service. Make sure you study the STAR method. Each of the 10 interviewees spoke with 2 different Managers.

Next day I received a phone call and got a job offer!

Interview Questions

• All questions related to customer service. STAR method.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT) in September 2009.

Interview

Initial interview was with Personnel. They asked typical questions regarding past experience, education, why I wanted the job, why I would be good for it. The next series of interviews were with 3 different attorneys. They were all very relaxed and asked typical interview questions, nothing unusual. The atmosphere was very relaxed, the department and staff were very supportive and close knit. It was definitely a team environment.

Interview Questions

• They asked a couple of questions relating to underwriting of policies, which I was unfamiliar with at the time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, accepted the offer.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford in May 2016.

Interview

Got a call from HR, scheduled a phone interview. Interview went well, and got called back within a couple of days to schedule another interview with the person who I would be reporting to in this position. Second interview went well and they told me I would hear back from them by the end of the following week if I got the third interview. I did not hear back from them by the following Friday and emailed the lady who I interviewed with. On the following Monday I got a call from HR that I did not get the position.

Associate Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford (Syracuse, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, took an online assessment test, was emailed to set up phone interview. Learned about the position and went over my resume during that call. A few days later I received an email with the time and date of my face to face interview.

Associate Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Aurora, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple and took about a month. I applied online, passed the initial phone interview and was scheduled for an in-person interview the next week. The in-person interview consisted of standard behavioral questions, all pretty easy. It went fairly well except that halfway through one of the supervisors came in to conduct his portion of the interview which was basically the same set of questions I had just answered. It all felt very rushed after that and I could kind of tell he wasn't really too invested in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time you had to work under a great amount of pressure?   Answer Question

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hartford (Maitland, FL).

Interview

Applied in 2006, i was given a relatively easy verbal and arithmetic exam. Should not be a problem for any individual to pass that has a college degree. This was followed up with a interview with the Head of the underwriting department. Interview was very relaxed. All behavioral questions, nothing technical was asked. Even spent a quarter of the time talking about hobbies and regular cocktail type conversations. Overall very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an Underwriter as your first job out of college?   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

Sent in resume. Had a phone interview with HR. They sent a link to take on line tests. They said they would be in touch to schedule an in person interview with a department head. Then it took months to set up an interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview did not include very many technical questions.   Answer Question

Salary not in line with competitors

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT) in October 2013.

Interview

Pretty standard - telephonic and onsite, basic algorithms, searching, sorting, multithreading, object oriented concept, SQL, PL SQL, Projects, REST API, Spring, Git, Maven, tomcat, database, simple but lengthy interview, more about core java, multithreading

Interview Questions

• Design pattern for performance improvement.   1 Answer

STD Claims Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

7/31/15 Applied Online. Completed a 90 min or so online assessment. 8/5/15 Setup phone interview via email 8/7/15 Phone interview with recruiter. She was nice and knowledgeable. She went over my background and asked basic questions. She proceeded to explain the job in detail including the salary and told me the job was "black and white." The job was mostly organizing claims and said it would be a simple job for me. She suggested that I apply for the LTD Claims position instead since she believed it was a better fit and they were urgently trying to fill the upcoming training class. She proceeded to say that she knew the hiring manager at my location and would speak to him/her about me. At this point, I was under the impression that I would have a follow up phone interview or an in-person interview soon. Anyways, I completed the online application for LTD Claims Analyst that day and afterwards on the job page, the STD position was updated to "thank you but you're not considered..." It was prompt but expected. I checked the job page on 8/13/15 and the LTD position was re-posted. I still didn't get a response which worried me since they responded quickly to the other position. 9/10/15 I decided that 5 weeks of inactivity was enough and decided to write this since it's unlikely that they would schedule interviews the week prior to their announced training date.

The process left me feeling that either I was lost in the shuffle between recruiter and hiring manager or that the recruiter misled me.

STD Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Hartford (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to apply for the position. Once I completed the app and personality test I was contacted the next day to set up a phone interview for the following day. During the phone interview I was asked about info on my resume and my prior experience on from my jobs. I was then set up for an in-person interview 4 days later. The in-person interview lasted about 25 mins and they asked behavioral/critical thinking type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you did something that was not a part of your job description   Answer Question

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Hartford (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The entire hiring/interview process was horrific. Extremely unprofessional and serious lack of communication. They originally told me that I would hear back within a week, but after a month I had yet to hear anything. The online portal didn't show any updates either. Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question