The Standard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Standard Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2018

Contracts Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Standard.

Interview

Straightforward, easy process. Phone Interview, then an in person interview with team lead and the higher up.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you improved the morale of others on your team   Answer Question

Claims Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Standard.

Interview

I was contacted in an appropriate time frame; approx. five to seven days of applying for the role. The human resources screening person -- a recruiter, I think -- was courteous and knowledgeable about the position. I was appropriately referred to the hiring manager who was also prompt in responding and following through with each step.

Interview Questions

• What is a common misconception people often have about you?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR) in January 2014.

Interview

phone screening with HR then in person interview with two managers. interview took one hour and heard back after interview within a couple of days. overall atmosphere of interview process was good.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a situation when you provided full support for a team decision that you didn't agree with   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Standard (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR, then a short phone interview with the hiring director. The next stage was a series of three separate interview with peers, business stakeholders and members of the team.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Standard.

Interview

On campus interview. Two interviewers are both very nice. Basically they just went through the resume and asked some behavioral questions. It lasted about 30 minutes. They were taking notes while interviewing me.

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Standard.

Interview

Had to go through 4 separate rounds of interviews. By the end of it I had interviewed with 6 different people (including the recruiter). Questions were insanely difficult in and of themselves not to mention trying to answer them in the required format they wanted. They are the behavioral based questions, but trust and believe they are not the typical or "common" ones you will find on google. I'm a relatively educated and well spoken person, and I really struggled to answer their questions appropriately. Hands down the most difficult interview I've had so far. I prepared for hours, and yet I was incredibly unprepared. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used data and logic to present information in order to persuade an individual on a difficult subject?

(Keep in mind you cannot just answer the question the way it comes to you, you have to answer using their 5-point format)   Answer Question

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Standard in January 2016.

Interview

After being selected for an interview, I took a proveit! excel test to show my competency. Next there was a phone screening interview with HR. Some background questions and then behavioral questions. I got email few weeks later saying I was not selected.

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Standard (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The hiring process starts with a screener that works with you to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. Once that happens then you have your pone interview.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Standard.

Interview

I applied online for an internship position in Portland, Oregon. I received a thirty minute phone interview with HR about a month later. A week later I had a second phone interview that lasted about forty-five minutes with three actuaries at the company.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Standard in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through campus website and it was a on-campus recruiting event. The interviewer were really nice. They asked general HR questions and also asked about your experience based off your resume. The interview last for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain what an Actuary does to someone without any background   Answer Question