Thomas Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thomas Cook Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomas Cook

2.8

Modern Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Leeds, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online and then had to complete 2 assessments. There was then a phone interview which was normal questions and a face to face interview which you have to find and recommend a holiday to sell to your fave celeb and other tasks. They will also ask why you want to work in travel and why you want to work for Thomas Cook.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Peterborough, England (UK)).

Interview

Slow and disorganised, quite disappointing and very unprofessional. Contacted hiring manager repeatedly after second interview and received no response. This was one of the worst interview I have ever been to or experienced. I have to say on second thought I’m not surprised. Don’t waste your time. This company doesn’t know what they are doing

Interview Questions

• Five unsuitable questions for the job, no creativity with the approach, an inexperienced hiring manager.   Answer Question

Interview

The interview process was overly difficult and grueling considering the pay and job title. For such a prestigious company, you feel very nervous and the interview process is necessary, until you get the job and feel like it is very over the top.

Interview Questions

• "Please tell me a time that you demonstrated credibility" - vauge?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomas Cook.

Interview

I’ve done 2 tests online first part was easy enough questions just identifying important parts from paragraphs and given decent amount of time to scan through it but then it came to the mathematics part and it said I would get roughly 2 minutes for each questions yet when I went on to do it the time popped up for 15 seconds to see the questions then 10 seconds to work it out/answer then it moved on to the next question which for long division questions I don’t think is fair at all

Interview Questions

• Identifying important key parts from paragraphs given options of a,b,c   Answer Question

Commercial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomas Cook in June 2019.

Interview

Interview process took 1-2 weeks. Applied via an agency and had a telephone interview. I was advised to prepare for a few competency based questions, we would go through my CV the usual. The interview was very rigid full competency based interview, just fired question after question with little or no chat in between - no chance to show personality or yourself as a person.

The interview lasted around an hour, after the questioning had finished I was told a little around the set up of the team and was told someone would be in contact. Then completely ghosted, even the recruiter didn't come back to me.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you have influenced someone to change their mind and how did you do it.   Answer Question

Business Analytics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in April 2019.

Interview

they asked qestions about the CV. Education, Expereince, IT skills , business skills. Expectation. and the willingness to move to the location of the company. very normal interview ith the normal HR questions: salary expectation.... They also talked about the work environment and structure at Thomas Cook

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

Fairly easy.
    online test quite complex and took about an hour or more to complete.
    Phone interview
    Face to face interview by store manager.
    Got job offer the same day as face to face interview.

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Employee in Málaga (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Málaga (Spain)) in March 2019.

Interview

I got into the company through Ciklum.
    It was a two step process.
    First I got a call from the recruiter asking about why I was applying and which were my interests.
    Then I went to the interview. They were very kind and offered a coffee and a nice introductory speak to make the interview warmer.
    I was interview by the Solution Architect and one team lead.
    Most of the questions were inspired on what I stated on my CV.

Interview Questions

• Which of the SOLID principles you find more important?   Answer Question
    • Which is your favourite Design Pattern?   Answer Question
    • Explain cohesion and coupling. Similarities and differences   Answer Question
    • Tell about a project you have worked in and what challenges did you face and what did you learn   Answer Question

Holiday Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

I arrived on the day was greeted by one of the recruitment team members he was lovely scouse guy I went through to the room we was in I gave the lady my forms she was very nice aswell I forgot her name there was a good amount of people already there so I just sat at the front they started discussing the company then we had group task and then learnt the benefits of working for Thomas cook and then we had selected times for the interviews
    The interview was quite calm and relaxed to be fair

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Thomas Cook in January 2019.

Interview

The interview process contained 2 rounds. During the presentation, the Manager told that he would be taking people for operations and sales. He also mentioned that he may consider for other profiles also if we find candidates suitable for that preferred role. He extended the presentation saying the offer letters will be given to the selected candidates by the end of the day.

As the presentation was over, we gave our first round which was Aptitude. After writing the test, we were all called to sit in a room and the HR also joined for the next round where they would pick up students' sheets asking their self-introduction and a question.

After that was done, they have shortlisted few students and called for the final round of interview. In the face to face round, he only asked if I was interested in sales and field sales. And as I told no, and further told that my area of interest is operations, he concluded that we are only looking for sales.