Thomas Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thomas Cook Interview Questions

Updated Dec 16, 2017

2.7

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (London, England (UK)).

Interview

You start off by applying online where you must attach a cv and cover letter; following this if you're successful they book you in for a phone interview which lasted 20 minutes, should you be successful in this there's an in store interview where you do a 20 minute Maths and English assessment involving spellings, percentages and foreign exchange rates. You also answer 4 questions in a 1-1 interview which the store manager and do a presentation selling a holiday - the scenario given is choose one for your favourite celebrity and sell it to them.

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online- took a while to get back to me but that’s standard in any airline.. didn’t do video interview as I was ex Monarch Crew. Simple day comprised of 2 customer scenarios and a group discussion then a discussion about the company.. I was not selected for the competency interview as “I didn’t match their criteria” which I found odd with being ex crew.. as far as I’m concerned it seems like you have to shout over others to get any point across otherwise you won’t get heard.. having said that in my lifetime of being Crew I have never once shouted at passenger or been argumentative.. obviously what TC are striving for... not a fair trial to be honest..

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online in the first week of September. Got a call 3 weeks later, that the position is filled up already, but they have other opportunity in an other store. I agreed to consider my application to the other store, however it was in a totally different location. 3 days later I received an invitation for a telephone interview. I done it successfully. The following week I had a personal job interview, which last for 1.5 hour and included Maths and English tests, role play and competency based questions. They were happy with my answers and my tests were correct. This was 2 weeks ago and I didn't get any feedback. First they told me, they will give me the feedback on the next day. Than I received an e-mail that they will get back to me next week. Waste of time! They didn't even respect the candidates to provide a feedback...!

Manager Forex Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (New Delhi (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview process was simple. There had been two interviews
    1st Interview was with AVP in Forex department
    2nd Interview was with GM of Forex department

The interview held in Noida and Connaught Place office

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about yourself?
      2) Why Thomas Cook?
      3) Current Job profile?
      4) What if not selected for Thomas Cook?
      5) Why forex business only?   Answer Question

Travel Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Birmingham, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

First was a maths and english test which i had 20mins total to complete. This was followed by the interview and a few questions about flexibility etc. The interview consisted of me, the cluster manager and the assistant manager of the store the interview was held in. I was told a few of the benefits of working for thomas cook and was asked if i had any problems with going on a residential to peterborough for 4 days as part of the induction period. We talked salaries too, overall a great experience, great people and best interview i have had to date.

Interview Questions

• If i could go anywhere in the world where would it be and why?   1 Answer
    • I was asked how i could use social media to draw peoples attention (something along those lines)   Answer Question

Social Media Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Peterborough, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

There are 4 stages including the initial application, followed by an online test, followed by an online interview, followed by a face to face interview and another test. They said they give feedback even if you aren't successful but I never received any. They also tell you at the interview that it's actually shift work.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you've offered exceptional customer service, that you've been extremely proud of   Answer Question

Head of Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Submitted CV, quite a while later I got a request to participate in a video interview which I must admit felt as uncomfortable as I thought it might and seems like a really poor way to whittle down candidates. Certainly would never do one again. Then got several emails for several weeks saying it was taking them longer to go through the videos than anticipated. And then finally silence. After a couple of weeks of nothing I emailed to ask for some feedback but got nothing.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Mumbai (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

Had three rounds of interviews. First with HR, Second face-to-face with manager, third telephonic with department head. The first two rounds were completed quickly within an hour. For the third round they made me wait for 10 days. After that they made me wait for a month for giving the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why am i leaving my current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The HR is least interested in talking to you. They dont revert to your mails also. I was promised that i will get an official offer letter once i accept the offer communication but that is also not given to me. They have not even given me proper instruction for the date of joining.

Cabin Crew Interview

Interview

first play role with different scenarios , role play group and also individual and then introduction of the company ,talking of salary ,type of contract and face to face interview, speak with HR.

Travel Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Long process since I applied. Got a phone call after 3 weeks inviting for phone interview then followed a group interview and maths and English test. During the group interview we were asked to choose a destination and sell the holiday. I felt like I couldn't express myself as other people were taking over. All together they still saw my qualities and offered me the job. Easy tests in my opinion. You can use calculator for percentages. Got a phone call the day after with a job offer. Still long time before starting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us. What do you know about the company. Where would you go and why. Why should we hire you. Give examples of when you were part of a team.   Answer Question