Thomas Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Thomas Cook

2.7

Sort:

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomas Cook in January 2016.

Interview

Attended 3rounds of interviews. 1st was telephonic conversation... Talks about company details n project details application server version control. 2nd was manager round. 3rd was technical round with technical test. Interview done well they too satisfied. But not sure after that what happened. Checked with hr and informed that technical round is done well but still they r carrying on with interviews with other candidates so they ll update me later.

Interview Questions

• Tech round all basic Java and sql questions   1 Answer

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (City of London, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

Thomas cooks recruitment proceedure is laughable and on this occassion I cannot blame the recruiters! TTC took 3 weeks to see my CV then came back and ask for telephone interview then did not bother to call. The recruiter was run ragged trying to get them to stick to their arrangements. Eventually got the call and all seemed to go well so 121 interview organised. Got to TC offices and guess what- was supposed to see 3 people, one forgot and wasn't available, the second acted like he couldn't be bothered to interview and the 3rd left after 10 mins due to another appointment. Then Recruiter whoo blind cc'ed me into requestes for feedback was ignored and no feedback given. Terrible company, no organisation and thgeir HR dept along with other depts do not have internal processes that work! awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult just normal run of the mill 'tell me about your experience?'type question-unfortunately there was no structure to interview-sorry!   Answer Question

Operation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2010.

Interview

Got called from HR for postion of Operation manager. I asked for Company profile and position they are offering. Also if there is fresh opening or some vacant post. They enquired about my work expereince and type of current position and renumeration. Later they told that package they are offering is less than what I am getting so no point in changing.

I want to secure a promising position that offers both a challenge and a good opportunity for growth

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview day was a different layout to most interviews in this category and felt different, but in a positive way. In the group discussion you had to discuss what experiences you had. The group exercise was also set up differently, where you sat in a circle and discussed openly rather then having pre-presentation time to prepare. The Interview also felt different as the questions differed slightly to that of other companies in the sector, and therefore felt more relaxed and that they were interested, rather then catching you out.

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Gatwick, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online . The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomas Cook.

Interview
    1 round GD
    1 Round Aptitude test
    3 Rounds of Interview

in the first round they fix you up for GD clear that and you are off to Aptitude which is fairly simple for well prepared candidates
    3 rounds of Interview can be panel as well

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Started at 8am finished around 12.30 pm. Really fun experience, lots of information about the role and company. Very friendly cabin mangers. Role play assessment, and group assessment also. Overall experience was very fun, and exciting. No reason to feel nervous.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Thomas Cook?
      Would you be willing to work Christmas Day, Bank Holidays and New Year?
      Lots of others questions also.   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a request to do a video interview. It was a bit strange, but not so bad. Got invited to an assessment day. Everybody was really nice and they are highly organized. The whole process was very relaxing. We did a role play exercise and a group exercise, and after that some people were sent home and some were invited to stay for the interview. There was also an excellent presentation about the company and the job and it answered all my questions. Really had a great time!

Interview Questions

• When did you provide excellent customer service?
      Why do you want to work for Thomas Cook?   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomas Cook in February 2017.

Interview

I was very nervous after being rejected twice before by another airline I was starting to lose hope and was using this as my last shot before thinking I just wasn't cut for the job!

The days started by checking all the admin side, then having a short talk before being called for role play scenarios, and then a group task. My role plays were definitely things that will not likely happen on board so really they are just looking at how to act with customers and act when things aren't going right. Just be yourself it seems a bit silly at first but everyone's been in that boat and they've probably seen people 100x worse than yourself, and remember you aren't expected to know Thomas Cook protocol so don't worry about saying something you think isn't right.

We were then taken to watch a video about a day in the life of cabin crew and had a chat about the job. I liked the fact they weren't secretive they said what the salary was, how many holidays you will have etc where as other airlines keep tight lipped about that. We were then split into two groups with one going home and the other kept for the interview.

The interview was quite nerve wracking but make sure you have lots of examples of when you've worked as a team and when you've gone out of your way.

I found the whole experience very friendly and the recruiters were very chatty and put me at ease. I was lucky enough to be offered a job and I cannot wait to start my training in a couple of months!

Cabin Crew Interview

Interview

first play role with different scenarios , role play group and also individual and then introduction of the company ,talking of salary ,type of contract and face to face interview, speak with HR.

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online- took a while to get back to me but that’s standard in any airline.. didn’t do video interview as I was ex Monarch Crew. Simple day comprised of 2 customer scenarios and a group discussion then a discussion about the company.. I was not selected for the competency interview as “I didn’t match their criteria” which I found odd with being ex crew.. as far as I’m concerned it seems like you have to shout over others to get any point across otherwise you won’t get heard.. having said that in my lifetime of being Crew I have never once shouted at passenger or been argumentative.. obviously what TC are striving for... not a fair trial to be honest..