Thomas Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thomas Cook Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.7

Cabin Crew Interview

Interview

first play role with different scenarios , role play group and also individual and then introduction of the company ,talking of salary ,type of contract and face to face interview, speak with HR.

Travel Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Long process since I applied. Got a phone call after 3 weeks inviting for phone interview then followed a group interview and maths and English test. During the group interview we were asked to choose a destination and sell the holiday. I felt like I couldn't express myself as other people were taking over. All together they still saw my qualities and offered me the job. Easy tests in my opinion. You can use calculator for percentages. Got a phone call the day after with a job offer. Still long time before starting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us. What do you know about the company. Where would you go and why. Why should we hire you. Give examples of when you were part of a team.   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Started at 8am finished around 12.30 pm. Really fun experience, lots of information about the role and company. Very friendly cabin mangers. Role play assessment, and group assessment also. Overall experience was very fun, and exciting. No reason to feel nervous.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Thomas Cook?
      Would you be willing to work Christmas Day, Bank Holidays and New Year?
      Lots of others questions also.

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a request to do a video interview. It was a bit strange, but not so bad. Got invited to an assessment day. Everybody was really nice and they are highly organized. The whole process was very relaxing. We did a role play exercise and a group exercise, and after that some people were sent home and some were invited to stay for the interview. There was also an excellent presentation about the company and the job and it answered all my questions. Really had a great time!

Interview Questions

• When did you provide excellent customer service?
      Why do you want to work for Thomas Cook?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomas Cook.

Interview

Quite lengthy, online application and tests, telephone, then face to face.
    Face to face the managers were extremely friendly and bubbly and because of them made me think it was a grew place to work. The tc staff are brilliant

Interview Questions

• If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be and why (sell the holiday)
      Tell me a time you were targeted/ team work - give examples

Cabin Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomas Cook in February 2017.

Interview

I was very nervous after being rejected twice before by another airline I was starting to lose hope and was using this as my last shot before thinking I just wasn't cut for the job!

The days started by checking all the admin side, then having a short talk before being called for role play scenarios, and then a group task. My role plays were definitely things that will not likely happen on board so really they are just looking at how to act with customers and act when things aren't going right. Just be yourself it seems a bit silly at first but everyone's been in that boat and they've probably seen people 100x worse than yourself, and remember you aren't expected to know Thomas Cook protocol so don't worry about saying something you think isn't right.

We were then taken to watch a video about a day in the life of cabin crew and had a chat about the job. I liked the fact they weren't secretive they said what the salary was, how many holidays you will have etc where as other airlines keep tight lipped about that. We were then split into two groups with one going home and the other kept for the interview.

The interview was quite nerve wracking but make sure you have lots of examples of when you've worked as a team and when you've gone out of your way.

I found the whole experience very friendly and the recruiters were very chatty and put me at ease. I was lucky enough to be offered a job and I cannot wait to start my training in a couple of months!

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gatwick, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Gatwick, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had to make an auto recording video interview. I know, it's a bit strange but it wasn't that bad after a while. You would have the chance to try some question before starting with the official ones. They were around five, related to customer service and personal experience. After this first stage, if you are successful you will be invited for the assessment day. It was such a pleasant experience! Everyone was super nice and trying to make you feel at ease. There was a presentation about the airline and the position of cabin crew. After that we had a group exercise.
    In mine we had to discuss about a trip. We had to choose the destionations and the activities related. After this there were 2 role plays. They will give you a card to read. There's a particular situation and they want to do how you would deal with that.
    (A family booked seats all together but due to a mistake of the system they've been separeted. What would you do?)
    For the second role player. You have to help a pax and you need to convince him to buy a perfume. If you are successfull at this stage you will reach the 2:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Thomas Cook?
      Why you want to be cabin crew?/decided to be cabin crew
      Tell me a time you were under pressure
      Tell me a time you had a difficul pax
      Give an example of great customer service.
      Tell me a time you had adisagreement with a collegue of yours.
      Tell me a time you solve a collegue's problem
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook.

Interview

Online application followed by face to face interview, usually in location, shop or call centre where job is advertised. Conducted by Manager and Customer Service Manager (Although the company has been change substantially since then).
    Took a while to get response of having been successful. Will look at your skills and what you can bring more than your education.
    I got the position over a person with Travel and Tourism qualification.

Interview Questions

• The usual process questioning of:
      - Why do you want to work for them
      - What you can bring to team
      - Availability to start
      - Why do you want to leave current employer
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Overseas Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Invited to an assessment centre after a quick online interview. Had to travel quite some distance. 4 different activities, including maths test, group activity, short presentation, and 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your most efficient way of managing and organising task?   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatwick, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Cook (Gatwick, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online . The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomas Cook.

Interview
    1 round GD
    1 Round Aptitude test
    3 Rounds of Interview

in the first round they fix you up for GD clear that and you are off to Aptitude which is fairly simple for well prepared candidates
    3 rounds of Interview can be panel as well