Thomson Reuters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,530 Interview Reviews

2.8

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview took around 6 months. I first had a video interview and heard back from them about 5 months later where they wanted me to come into their office the very next day. They said they would reimburse me. After emailing them multiple times, I still have not received my reimbursement

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Sep 14, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with... More

Legal Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Scheduled an online HireVue interview several days later. Got an email to schedule an in-person interview a few days later. Easy to schedule, and they allowed me to reschedule when I mixed up dates and was going to be out of state for another job interview. The interview process itself was pretty easy and simple. Typical questions and very low-stress - especially since I did zero prep. Learned about the job position and was interviewed by 2 people (~30 min). I got the impression that the job didn't offer much upward mobility nor did it seem particularly stimulating. But, everyone was nice and it seemed like a good opportunity for new grads. After the interview, I did 2 tasks as part of a research skills assessment (via Westlaw), and 1 task as a short writing exercise (all 3 tasks ~60 min). It wasn't particularly difficult, but the research involved looking up things in places I didn't have need to use during law school or my other law-related jobs so I didn't finish all of it in the time allotted. The interview took about 90 minutes. I did not get an offer, but no hard feeling since my goal is a local government job - and unlike the government hiring process, I appreciate that from application to rejection TR moved very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Give an elevator pitch on why a client should use our products over the competition.   Answer Question

Oct 2, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job... More

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Long. The HR team was extremely professional. Everyone I spoke with at the company was very knowledgeable, intelligent and driven. Overall, the company was impressive, but the length of time from first interview to resolution was 4 months!

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Sep 8, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Anonymous Interview

Interview

The assessment day and interview process is pretty different from other companies depending on the role you're applying for. If you can, I would ask current employees how their experience was.

Sep 8, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Madison, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a brief, 30 minute interview with two people who were casually dressed. They asked a couple of behavioral questions and then focused more on a coding problem on a whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Write a method to compare two version numbers listed as X.Y.Z... and return the more recent version.   Answer Question

Oct 12, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a short interview, and not too hard. I was recommended by a current employee, and did not have too much experience, so maybe they went easy on me.

Interview Questions

• Given two numbers, how can you transfer the value of one to the other without using a third variable?   1 Answer

Oct 19, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a couple of phone calls with the recruiter, followed by video-conference with hiring manager. After that I was asked to fly to Eagan to meet him and the rest of the team for 1/2 day of group interview (more like Q&A sessions), followed by 1:1 interview with hiring manager. Overall the process lasted 3 weeks, including organization of trip logistics.

Content Writer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

I applied through a friend's referral, at a time when she told me the company really needed writers. About two weeks later, an HR person emailed me to set up a phone chat (I would be working remotely from a different city than the headquarters). That call lasted about an hour, covered a lot of ground and went well, with him telling me repeatedly that he liked my background and saw me as a great fit for this role and the next level up. He said he'd be in touch over the next two days to set up the phone interview with two content editors, and he was true to his word.

The interview with the content editors also went well, with them diving into my vast journalism and marketing background and talking about specific projects (the ones on their plates as well as the ones I'd previously worked on). Again, they told me that they saw me as a fit, that they wanted to move quickly, and that the HR guy would be in touch by the end of the week with next steps.

The HR guy did reach out, but he wanted to schedule yet another phone interview with two more content editors in a different discipline. Keep in mind that I was a full-time freelancer at the time and was doing these 60-90-minute-long phone interviews between appointments in my hot car with no A/C running so as not to make noise. But like the other interviews, this went well also. They told me that they had compared notes with the other editors, so they had different questions about my background and how I research/source stories. We wrapped up with them saying that the HR guy would be in touch within a couple of days and that I should get an offer within two weeks.

The HR guy was *not* in touch within a couple of days. It was around a holiday weekend, though, so I let it go for another week before emailing him to get a status update. He wrote back and said things were still going through the project but everything should be settled within a few days. I waited. Waited more. Waited still. I checked in two weeks after I hadn't heard from him and got nothing. Same thing yet another week later. After three weeks, I wrote and told him that I was interested in the work and partnering with the editors I'd spoken with, but I had another job offer and would really appreciate an update (I was being truthful - I did have another offer in hand). I didn't hear back from the HR guy for two more weeks after that, just as I was getting ready to start my new job. "You may as well take it; I'm not sure if we're going to move forward with hiring anybody." SERIOUSLY? He couldn't have told me that weeks ago? What in the hell was the point of about ten weeks of conversations and promises? And why wouldn't you update someone who was a referral from a respected employee?

Never again.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Aug 4, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Team Leader Interview

Interview

Nice, well laid out. The interviewer was well informed as to the questions he was asking. The deep dive and follow through discussion was very interesting. When I got stuck, decent hints were provided.

Interview Questions

• Explain sorting algorithm and its complexity   1 Answer

Aug 31, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Several Phone calls, the recruiter scheduled three calls and never called. I finally had a 5 minute conversation that resulted in an interview. Arrived early at the interview site and the interviewer was never told I was there. Waited 30 minutes before they showed up. They suggested I have a follow-up conversation with matrix manager, who never bothered to return my call.

Interview Questions

• Large orginization so any question may not be relevant to specific role.   1 Answer

Aug 17, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist