Thomson Reuters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Compliance Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Carrollton, TX) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online after seeing the post on a state-supported job website. Within about two weeks, a recruiter reached out to me and conducted a 30 minute interview. Thereafter, I completed a phone interview with the hiring manager. About a week later, I was asked for my availability for an in-person interview which I then confirmed for a date and time occurring roughly 10 business days later.

At the in-person interview, the hiring manager gave me a more-detailed overview of the company, the job's responsibilities, and what she envisioned in the ideal employee. After a roughly an hour, I did a separate interview via Microsoft Teams with a remote associate who reports to the hiring manager. At the conclusion of the last interview, the hiring manager let me know I'd be speaking with the department head next and, thereafter, a decision would be made. I was also told there was one other candidate being considered in addition to myself and that the call w/ the department head would occur within the next few days.

The call with the department head occurred within three days of my in-person interview and lasted about 30 minutes. I surmised the call went well as I received a call from the recruiter stating they were offering me the job!

Interview Questions

• I was asked give an example of how I handled coming in to a position within a company where the position itself was being revamped and/or restructured.   1 Answer

Apr 9, 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

User Experience Design Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

I applied online after which I got an email where I had to record answers to about 5 questions. After that, an HR rep contacted me to set up a final interview. During the final interview, I found my interviewer to be pretty rude. He would cut me off while I was talking and didn't seem to pay attention to what I was saying. He also just seemed bored during the process. So overall I did not have a good experience. The HR reps were nice though. But I did think it was rude to send a generic automated rejection email to candidates who got to the final round of interviews.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

May 11, 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the team involved to ensure this doesn't happen to other individuals. Please email me directly at human.resources@thomsonreuters.com with the relevant details and one of our recruiting leaders will reach out. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

submitted my resume online after seeing linknedin post. Phone screen with recruiter first, then in person interview with future manager. also spoke with a few other account exectutives in my territory

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Apr 9, 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. If you would like to provide us with any additional feedback, please email us at human.resources@thomsonreuters.com. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards. We look forward to hearing from you.

Marketing Director Interview

Interview

Spoke with HR for a screening, and was asked to speak with the hiring manager. A member of my immediate family passed away and I asked if I could postpone the interview for a week and a half. They said yes. I came back to them with my availability a week later, as I was busy with funeral arrangements. HR didn’t respond. I wrote again and they informed me the role was filled. There were three different HR people involved in the process which was also confusing.

Job well done team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your marketing experience.   1 Answer

Apr 15, 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Very quick and detailed. The hiring manager was very responsive and communicative. There was a phone interview and two in person interviews. I've interviewed for a former role and did not get the offer, but with this hiring manager the process was really quick.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Apr 15, 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're so glad that you have decided to join the Thomson Reuters team!

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Finance & Accounting Intern - had a phone screen with the finance & accounting manager. Interviewer was very friendly and engaging during the interview process. I told them that I won't be at the career fair so they scheduled a phone interview since I was selected.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Apr 9, 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job alerts for positions that match your experience and skills through our Talent Community at tr.com/careers. Thanks again for the feedback.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN).

Interview

Applied online, HR contacted me to schedule an initial phone call a few days later. The night before the call the recruiter sent a questionnaire to fill out regarding my experience/projects. I did not have time to complete this on short notice and offered to complete it by the next day. This apparently upset the HR person who was abrasive and condescending on the phone. She grilled me with various generic questions for a few minutes before ending the call without bothering to ask about my experience related to the role. Received a rejection email a day or two later.

Interview Questions

• Describe what Thompson Reuters does   1 Answer

Apr 9, 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the team involved to ensure this doesn't happen to other individuals. Please email us at human.resources@thomsonreuters.com with the relevant details and we will follow up on this. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

The process is very long and not transparent. I made it through 3 rounds and then the hiring manager went MIA. Called back job was on hold, then got another round of interviews. They made an offer but I already accepted another position

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

May 11, 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in February 2020.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by multi-stage in-person interview at divisional headquarters. The process was as I'd expect for a position at this level, and everyone I met along the way was nice and easy to talk to.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2020.

Interview

The company came to my career and I then applied online. After a few weeks, they reached back and wanted to setup a phone interview. I did not hear back after that.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an abstract data type and interface in Java?   Answer Question
    • How would you code a program that detects if a letter was used more than once in a string?   Answer Question
    • What do you like about Thomsen Reuters?   Answer Question

Apr 9, 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience! If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job alerts for positions that match your experience and skills through our Talent Community at tr.com/careers. Thanks again for the feedback.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied in mid-October. Had an initial screen with HR about 2 weeks later. Invited for a in-person interview in early December.

The 2 interviewers were 15 minutes late. The interview consisted of a technical skills test comprised of several case studies. They wanted to know what strategy I would use for different clients. Gave them the benefit of the doubt for being late and I left with an overall good impression of the interviewing managers. They seemed to know their stuff.

2 weeks later I was invited back for a 2nd interview with a different manager who would have been my direct superior. He was also late for the interview and seemed unprepared and disinterested in the interview. His communication style was awkward and he simply read off a script. Had a hard time picturing myself working for him.

Was told they were looking to move quickly and would have an answer by the end of that week (mid December). After hearing nothing I figured I didn't get the position. Finally in mid January I got an email from HR (the third HR rep that had communicated with me about the position) saying the hiring manager had decided to go with another candidate. But from how long the process was (3 months), how disorganized it was, and interviewers being late I think I dodged a bullet

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Jan 31, 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead