Thomson Reuters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,701 Interview Reviews

2.8

Digital Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Dallas, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Two phone interviews, asked about basic behavioral stuff and about things on my resume, total process took about two weeks, and I had an employee referral, good to have basic knowledge of AI and data science

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Apr 19, 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2018.

Interview

I had 2 rounds of interviews. The first was online where the software gives you 10 questions and you have about 30 seconds to prepare and a couple of minutes (give or take) to answer to a one time recording - so there's no person you're talking to. It's like an awkward video voicemail.

You get more than enough time, and they are very generic questions that you should expect in every interview. It felt more like a screener to filter out very obvious red flags. That being said, I had never done such an interview, and the software provides 3 sample questions to practice - use it as much as you can, it makes a huge difference.

The second part was a panel interview - I was interviewed with 2 other candidates by one interviewer in the room and 2 others on a live stream. We would all be asked the same question and take turns answering it. The order rotated each question.

Most of the questions that I was asked seemed like the industry standard to both the position and large companies, so Googling in advance what might be asked was not only easy but extremely helpful for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a short deadline you faced and how you solved it (not verbatim)   Answer Question

Apr 19, 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Dallas, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

It was a elaborate process which provided clear understanding about the role. It was done in various stages to evaluate the overall strength of the applicant. I felt a lot of time was given to understand the strength and expectation from the applicant as well as evaluate the applicant on both technical and behavioral aspects.

Interview Questions

• One thing which was repeatedly asked was about my flexibility to work in multiple projects   1 Answer

May 3, 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Global Head of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I had a scheduled time to meet with the recruiter over the phone who ended up confusing the time zones. Okay, everyone makes mistakes. She offered to reschedule the same day, then left early, set a time for the following week. The screening interview went well and I was told another interview with the hiring manager would be set up for the following week. But I never heard anything back. Followed up several times via e-mails and phone calls, nothing. I contacted a Managing Director who put pressure on the recruiter to follow back up with me. Finally, I received an e-mail, text message and phone call within the same hour. As it turned out they passed on my candidacy because my application was too late in the process (shocker). Apparently TR also has a new target of 40% female representation by 2020 - according to the recruiters LinkedIn post. So even though my qualifications were a great match, my gender was not officially in-line with the CEO's 40% female target by 2020. Not saying I didn't get the job because I was male, perhaps there were other qualified candidates. But it sure leads one to believe that both internal and external candidates will be less likely to get the job if they checked the application box "male." There shouldn't be gender percentages or timeline rules for any qualified candidate, no matter what race, gender or sexual orientation. But if you feel it necessary, then please add the updated "gender/race/sexual oreintation statistics" to the job requisition so prospective candidates can figure out their probability of hire.

Interview Questions

• How does your background correlate with the qualification of this job?   Answer Question

Apr 12, 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that you feel that your gender played a role. I assure you, this was not the case. Our goal to have 40% female representation... More

Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Had a phone interview after the initial application and then never heard back after that. Even after following up, I never heard a decision on the interview which was not a good experience.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Mar 22, 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to learn more about your experience... More

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Spoke on the phone for about 20-30 minutes. The interviewer asked me irrelevant questions, such as: can you tell anything about Thomson Reuter's revenue? He also started the interview off by saying they do not pay for interns to come to the office, and all expenses are on the interviewee even though apparently they have billions in revenue. Interviewer was also quite rude and sounded a bit pretentious, going on and on about how they only hire the best. Company culture was clearly not a fit.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Feb 22, 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to expectations. Please email us at human.resources@tr.com with relevant details. Thanks... More

Content Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

It was a very smooth and quick process in which I was contacted by HR and subsequently schduled a phone interview with the hiring managers. From there I was asked about a week and a half later to come in ito speak with team members and 4 days after I was given the offer.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Apr 12, 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Pricing Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

The process took about a month. Applied online and received Super Day invitation. 3-30 minute interviews and a 30 minute Microsoft Excel skills test. Everyone is super friendly and helpful. Awesome culture and beautiful office building.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

May 24, 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Interview

After applying I was contacted to do a HireVue video interview screening. I did the interview and received an email saying not to respond to it because it went to an unchecked mailbox and someone would contact me. Nobody has contacted me either way. Very frustrating to be left hanging.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Feb 22, 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

CDC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I was contacted to due a video interview through HireVue. I did the interview and received a thank you email saying not to respond to it because it went to an unmanned mailbox and someone would contact me. NOBODY has contacted me yay or nay. No response. Extremely unprofessional and a waste of my time.

Feb 1, 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist