Thomson Reuters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

Smooth Process; Very Thorough; The recruiter was pleasant to deal with and very responsive; Communication was great; I also appreciated the feedback that I got back from the recruiter on how it went with my interview. That input is always useful and good to know.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your previous company?   1 Answer

Jul 12, 2018 – Digital Marketing Intern

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Corporate Strategy Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a very brief screening interview with the HR representative, and then two hour-long interviews. These consisted of a case and brief behavioral questions. These conversations were with a Director of Strategy and a President of Strategy in the Tax & Accounting business.

Interview Questions

• There were two cases. One was a standard fictitious profit case and one was a theoretical growth case for Thomson Reuters' tax and accounting business.   Answer Question

Sep 14, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in September 2010.

Interview

A co-worker at my previous company referred me because she knew the hiring manager (and received a message from the hiring manager saying she was looking for available recruiters). My resume was forwarded to the hiring manager by my co-worker and about a week later I was called by the hiring manager. We spoke about my background and such (a phone screen/interview) and then she asked me to come in for an in person interview on-site. It was a half hour with the entire team: the hiring manager, another recruiter, and a recruiting coordinator. When I got on-site, I was amazed at how large the campus is...it is a huge building. I had to check in with security and the hiring manager came down to greet me. She showed me around a little - in route to the Starbucks on the fourth floor. The four of us just chatted in a corner of the Starbucks inside Thomson Reuters. I thought it was great. The place was packed, with other people having meetings or collaborating. They told me this meeting was mostly for me so I could learn about them. They did ask a few questions about whether I used Taleo, areas I recruited for, and how I like to work. I asked them several questions about their recruiting process (in terms of me working there) and why they came & stay at Thomson. I was told they had interviewed others and had one more to go the next day before a decision would be made. It was pleasant and afterwards I was brought back to the front desk to check out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

During the phone interview I was asked what my range was as a contractor...I told her I was a Senior Recruiter and what I was looking for but I was negotiable. The day after the in-person interview I was offered the position. She said this is a non-senior position (I wouldn't have that title), and she told me what the range was they were working with (their upper end was my lower end). They offered me the lowest I was looking for (which was the most they were looking to pay). I am glad our ranges matched up.

Jun 28, 2018 – Digital Marketing Intern

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

I see the post on the forum and try to contact the photographer myself, and he is kind of hiring an assistant for himself, since he cannot speak Korean. And it is just a 20 minutes face to face with him, he interviewed about 20 people that day.

Interview Questions

• You know there is a protest in an area, and government cut all the internet around there, How to find out how serious the protest is?   Answer Question

Jun 28, 2018 – Digital Marketing Intern

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters! Keep an eye out for an email with information about on-boarding... More

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews. First round was over the phone. Two interviews: one with VP of department, the other with HR. Second round was on-site in New York. Had a total of five interviews in one day. One was an experience discussion. Three technical interviews. One group case interview.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in January 2012.

Interview

Several phone interviews to gauge interest
    Several in person interviews to test finance knowledge
    Asked me about favorite books - unrelated to field
    Asked about personal achievements and goals for the future
    Follow up discussion and lunch meeting to meet the team

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation

Aug 16, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have been with us since January 2012!

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

It is very lengthy. Take you out to lunch and that was nice but very close feeling. It was a very nice lunch by the way. All were very nice to me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in sales?   1 Answer

Aug 16, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have been with us since April 2015!

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camp, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Camp, AR) in July 2010.

Interview

The recruiter who worked with me throughout the process was friendly and professional. I was impressed with the entire interview process. It was obvious that the company carefully selects candidates for each position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

When I received the offer, I was very happy with the salary, so I did not negotiate. The recruiter did ask if that salary was acceptable, so it would have been possible to negotiate.

Attorney Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the supervisor at the local Thomson Reuters office. I applied online and a recruiter reached out to me. There was not an in-person interview for this particular job.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer working with a group of people or individually?   Answer Question

Mar 30, 2017 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters! Keep an eye out for an email with information about onboarding. If... More

Attorney Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2017.

Interview

All interviews were conducted over the phone since this was for a remote position. Started with a screening interview with a company recruiter. Then a second interview with the managing editor who created the position and another senior associate editor. I was given a writing assignment - find a recent case and draft a legal update. One final interview that consisted of 3 parts with various attorney editors.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your approach to a task was different from your co-worker/supervisor.   Answer Question

May 18, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

Application

I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Hopkins, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Very casual, juts a phone interview and then I met with an employee and interviewed over skype with two other attorneys. It was a little weird. It was an overall comfortable process.

Interview Questions

• What types of software have you used when editing documents in a group   Answer Question

Jul 28, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job... More