Thomson Reuters Reviews | Glassdoor

James C. Smith
2,498 Ratings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be a challenge at times"" (in 134 reviews)

• "Ideas are only accepted when they come from upper management"" (in 158 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"One Year Anniversary with TR Review"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Culture (Welcoming, Flexible, Value-Driven)
     - Collaborative Atmosphere - people value your feedback/input at all levels of the organization
     - Employee Appreciation - TR truly values their employees (Employee Picnics, Continuous Education/Training, Career Development, Maternity Leave Policy (AMAZING!!!), and the overall Culture makes you feel appreciated and happy to be apart of this wonderful company.
     - Campus - this building and the campus is beautiful!! I have yet to walk around and explore.
     - Commute - my commute is so much better now. Makes a huge difference in my stress level not having to sit in traffic for hours!
     - Work/Family Balance - This company truly "Gets It" when it comes to balance with family and work. This is so important for your well being and state of mind.

Cons

- Communication - sometime with a company this big, it's hard to keep up with what's going on. The notifications are nice, but the come in all sort of directions and it can be a little overwhelming.
     - Company Structure - I know this is in the works - but it's challenging to know who does what and where! I've only been here a year, so I'm still learning the ropes around here :-)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!! This is an amazing company and I'm proud to be a part of it! :-)

Jun 28, 2018 – Digital Marketing Intern

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We thank you & congratulate you on your one year of service.

2. "Best experience of my career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time

Pros

Employee development, exciting products, customer focus, collaboration

Cons

My business segment was sold to private equity

Advice to Management

Thomson Reuters was a highlight of my career. I worked in the Philly office prior to the sale of IP&S. I never worked so hard but learned so much. I am grateful for the opportunities that were afforded to me and would not hesitate to come back to TR in the future if there was a role that made geographical sense. Keep doing what you are doing - your investment in your employees, keeping them engaged and valued will continue to help the company.

Oct 16, 2018 – Recruitment Marketing Intern

Thank you for your review and valued contribution. We agree that when you work at Thomson Reuters, you’re partnering with the industry’s brightest thinkers. We are always looking at ways to make... More

3. "Salary"

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time

Pros

Good environment to learn and grow in knowledge and skills

Cons

Still pretty corporate, limited pay but increases once hired

"Cautious Recommendation"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Telecommuting often permitted a percentage of the time. Nice campus with walking trails, convenience store and cafeteria with a nice variety of options. Great people overall. Easy to build a Network.

Cons

Organizational changes along with layoffs are common multiple times per year. Workload unbalanced. Some workers have too much, while others have too little. Increase in requirement to do more with less. Ongoing outsourcing and relocation of jobs abroad.

Advice to Management

Ensure Senior Management is skilled in people leadership. Listen and react to employees.

Dec 6, 2018 – Recruitment Marketing Intern

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We thank you & congratulate you on your 5+ years of service.

"Sinking Ship"

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time

Pros

*Good benefits
    *Great people to work with
    *Ability to work remotely
    *Work-life balance is ok

Cons

*Well below market pay
    *Constant reorgs and layoffs
    *Upper management is out of touch with reality about how much work is required at the lower level, and is unwilling to provide the necessary resources/personnel needed

Advice to Management

Laying employees off is only a temporary fix for shareholders and is not a long-term solution. You have to realize the getting rid of programmers and developers hurts the product. This in turn angers clients who go looking elsewhere for products that will fit their needs. While you say that we will be shifting from a product based approach to a customer based approach, you have to realize that a vast majority of our clients are product based clients. Not to mention that these clients would actually like it if our product worked with consistency. It will not function well if you keep getting rid of the necessary resources needed.

Dec 11, 2018 – Recruitment Marketing Intern

Thank you for your feedback - we are always looking at ways to make improvements & candid feedback is the best way for us to understand the areas where we need to focus.

6. "Market Specalist"

Former Employee - Market Specialist in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Market Specialist in Denver, CO

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

As a market specialist you were deemed as the expert for your given market. The position really created a framework to showcase your expertise.

Cons

as a market specialist responsible for sales it was difficult for the larger sales organization to understand were the position fit, and often caused the account management teams, and sales teams to understand who should be included on a sale.

"Work Life Balance"

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time

Pros

flexible schedule, ability to work from home, and work-life balance

Cons

below market pay and hard to earn salary increases

8. "Good company"

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time

Pros

Overall solid company to work for with a variety of benefits. Good work life balance.

Cons

Expect changes to happen at least annually.

Dec 6, 2018 – Recruitment Marketing Intern

Thank you for your review and valued contribution. We're proud to have been named among the top 25 companies striving to promote a work-life balance as a part of company culture.

9. "Decent place to work for."

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time

Pros

3 weeks starting vacation.
    Decent management for the most part.
    Internal opportunities for personal advancement.
    Tuition reimbursement.
    Healthcare is reasonable.

Cons

Some management chains feel misdirected.
    Need to please shareholders over advancing the company. It's all short term visions.
    You must jump from position to position to see increase in pay, aside from the 1-2% yearly increase to keep up with inflation.

Dec 6, 2018 – Recruitment Marketing Intern

Thank you for your contribution. We are always looking at ways to make improvements and we thank you for your feedback.

10. "QA"

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time

Pros

good work environment and work life balance

Cons

constant layoffs and rotation of staff