Toyota North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Toyota is very thorough about their interview process. This is due in part to their stance on not laying people off, but it is also just because they want to find people that are the right fit. Overall, from application to hiring, the process took about four months. I finally really got traction in the last few months. In total, I had phone conversations with four of their in-house recruiters, then I had four interviews with managers, and each of those interviews was with two managers (so eight managers total). However, none of the interviews had "gotcha" questions. It was clear they just wanted to see how I think, how I reason through problems, and how I relate to people.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were presented with some financial information, and some part of it just didn't "smell" right?   1 Answer
    • I did have a phone interview with a recruiter on the finance side for TEMA (the manufacturing arm in Kentucky), and they asked some specific questions like "What is the accounting equation?" and "What is a bill of materials?"   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

I met with recruiters at the career fair and was interviewed the next day. The position was for the spring semester and they were trying to fill the spot ASAP, so the process was probably a bit quicker than usual. I was interviewed by two people and asked straight forward STAR questions. The interviewers were nice enough, friendly but not overly warm, and the questions were simple behavioral questions. No trick questions here. I heard back a couple days later that I got the job, but ultimately I declined because the position they had open wasn't a good fit for my career path and not really related to my major.

Interview Questions

• When did you encounter a difficult team member and what did you do about this?   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

Interview was many years ago so I don't know if method will change with move to Texas and consolidation with manufacturing arm.
    Toyota's interviews like to focus on behavior type questions.
    Answer in STAR format: Situation, Task, Action, Results

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you have a dealt with a difficult customer or stakeholder?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

If you are applying for an engineer position, they will ask you STAR questions. Basically give a situation, explain the issue, explain how you resolved it, and the result.

Engineering Coop Interview

Interview

Talked with a recruiter at the career fair of my school. Got an interview and it was all STAR based questions. If you manage to use the STAR method well you will succeed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about A time you worked on a team and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

I met at a career fair then signed up for an interview, said they would get back to me about the second round. The interview was all behavioral and did not take long or have much stress

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

Very professional and positive experience. Started with a quick phone interview with a recruiter. Very basic questions like 'why Toyota?'. Moved on to a phone interview with several national managers. They were very welcoming and friendly, even with the bad answers I provided! Although they gave a quick 'study guide' for the interview, and i did my research on this site for possible interview questions, they still threw me off with the first question that I didn't have a good answer for. There were only about 3 true interview questions. Rest was job specific and talking about the position.

Interview Questions

• name a time you had to do something that was right but not popular. explain using the STAR format   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

30 minute interview with a senior manager and a recruiter. Senior manager asked most of the questions. Asked some technical questions relating to past experience, but was mostly behavioral. I heard back within a few hours of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to take the lead
      Tell me about a time you had to solve a problem   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America in October 2017.

Interview

Applied at university and got an interview on campus the next day. First I had to fill an application online and then I received an email with an interview time.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone call, easy questions just to see if you are really interested in Toyota and SCM overall . I did apply while they recruit in my school. Got a call 2 days after about time for an interview. Week later had am interview call and got an offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• They ask about your achievements in school and life . Asked many times if I will be able to relocate- it seams to be important to them.   1 Answer

Tool and Die Maker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Georgetown, KY) in October 2017.

Interview

Long hiring process. You have to take a online test, a in house computer test, and a hands on assessment. Then if you pass all of those you get to have a final face to face interview. Then you take a drug test and do your physical.

Interview Questions

• If I was okay with traveling   1 Answer