Toyota North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

IS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

They mainly asked me behavioral questions related to how you work or finish tasks and you had to answer using the STAR method. There was a panel of two interviewers. One of them was rather critical and was looking for specifics in your answers. Replied to me after 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of where you coordinated, measured, and accurately operated a task.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

Online interview where they asked 5 questions and you have a certain time limit to answer the question. The good thing is that it gives you two attempts to answer every question.

Interview Questions

• first set were behavioral questions   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2020.

Interview

Phone interview. I was later called in for a face to face interview using the Star Format. It was a fantastic interview. There is no lobby as described in their email and no front desk receptionist.

Interview Questions

• SITUATION (specific, detailed situation in which you were directly involved - not hypothetical or generalization)
      TASK (what did you have to achieve)
      ACTIONS (actions that YOU specifically took – use “I” vs. “We”)
      RESULTS (measurable/quantitative results that came from your actions)   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

Had a brief 30 minute 1st round interview on campus at a career fair. The interview was fairly straight forward. I was interviewed by 2 hiring engineers who were friendly and informative on the position. A few weeks later I was notified I was being offered a position.

Interview Questions

• I seem to remember getting asked a question along the lines of "Explain a time where you let someone or a team down. What did you learn and how did it make you better at that activity?   Answer Question

Production Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Anaheim, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

I attended the SWE Conference and got to their booth early to talk to the recruiters. They asked me about myself, extracurriculars related to my major, etc and put me down for an interview for the next day. I got a call a few days after for a co-op offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Toyota?   1 Answer
    • Describe a technical project you worked on and the result.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toyota North America in November 2019.

Interview

Got the interview during a career fair, scheduled it the same day. Two interviewers, both have engineering background. Used STAR format to answer the questions, no technical questions. Overall experience was good, and the interview itself was about 30 minutes.

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saline, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Saline, MI) in October 2019.

Interview

STAR questions. It was a long process for them to not make an offer. Not for sure what they could be looking for considering I have 20 plus years of experience.

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in October 2019.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people, and they didn't ask the usual "Tell me about yourself" question. They asked a lot of questions about my experiences like, "Tell me about a time when..."

Infosec for TFS Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

This company is disorganized and does not have good interdepartmental communication which is not surprised that culminated into a lack of timely communication externally.

I found the interview process seemed to lack of professionalism, honesty and transparency.

I believe that this experience was in line with several others on this site. So I went In with an open mind hoping for a different experience. But I wasn’t surprised. To this day I have not had an update, rejection nor offer letter and I’ve moved on to better opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions
      Tell us about yourself
      Tell us about a problem you solved use the STAR method   Answer Question
    • I interviewed months ago and have not heard anything back from the company.   Answer Question

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Irvine, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

Met recruiters at a career fair and passed along my resume. The same day, they e-mailed me an interview request as the recruitment staff was staying in the area til the next day to conduct on-campus interviews. One 30-minute interview with 2 employees. Fairly conversational and not intimidating. Was for both Lexus and Toyota S. California region.

Interview Questions

• How willing are you able to travel up to 50% of the time?   1 Answer
    • Where have you found mentorship?   Answer Question