Toyota North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Toyota is very thorough about their interview process. This is due in part to their stance on not laying people off, but it is also just because they want to find people that are the right fit. Overall, from application to hiring, the process took about four months. I finally really got traction in the last few months. In total, I had phone conversations with four of their in-house recruiters, then I had four interviews with managers, and each of those interviews was with two managers (so eight managers total). However, none of the interviews had "gotcha" questions. It was clear they just wanted to see how I think, how I reason through problems, and how I relate to people.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were presented with some financial information, and some part of it just didn't "smell" right?   1 Answer
    • I did have a phone interview with a recruiter on the finance side for TEMA (the manufacturing arm in Kentucky), and they asked some specific questions like "What is the accounting equation?" and "What is a bill of materials?"   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

The interview was held by the three managers of the department, and was mostly basic behavior questions that can be prepared for before hand. Fairly straightforward and conversational. Overall the interview lasted an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you had to balance a lot of moving pieces.   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Interview

The young recruiter was abrupt, bordering on rude. Recruiters should keep in mind that they represent the company’s brand and that candidates are customers or potential customers.
    Toyota’s brand has been tarnished.

Interview Questions

• What are the 5 values of Scrum (read from a checklist of interview questions).   Answer Question

Travel Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Typical large corporation style interview process. First a phone screen with recruiter which actually happened within two days of submitting application. Next step was a face to face panel for behavioral style interview. The recruiter was informative and transparent throughout the process and the company provided more preparation materials than most other companies I've interviewed with. I was prepared, just not what the company was looking for to fill the position. The only complaint I have is that I wasn't informed that the first face to face interview would be the final prior to a decision. In the first conversation with recruiter I asked about steps in the process. A picture was painted that there would be at least 3 if not 4 more.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were successfully able to persuade or convince someone to see things your way using supporting data.   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America in February 2018.

Interview

A phone interview was requested via email. The questions were traditional. Very little information was provided about the job. Job information will be provided at the onsite interview.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Morgantown, WV) in February 2018.

Interview

mainly behavioral questions, but the fact is i am just trying to fill the criteria of writing thirty words in order to look for information on other companies. This is just gonna be a bunch of words meaningless to the extent of the thirty word limit. why is it taking so much time to write this meaningless review, just go for it and be cocky as hell.

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Columbus, OH) in January 2018.

Interview

Spoke at a an on campus career fair the day before and was invited for an interview the next day. Interview was about 30 mins. Started with "about me" questions and then moved to 2 STAR behavioral questions. Interview itself was smooth, but I never heard back after multiple follow up emails, despite my peers hearing back the next day (both offers and rejections). Overall disappointed with the lack of a response.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project or goal you worked on in detail. How did you achieve that project/ goal?   Answer Question

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

It was exciting, open and inviting. I got a feel for the environment the moment I initially spoke to the recruiter. The on-site interview was very relaxed and more conversational. I didn't feel like I was in a major corporation, it felt more like a casual conversation to get to know one another. I could certainly deduce there were trying to evaluate my cultural fit. It was an enjoyable experience as I wanted to know that I'd fit in, just as I'm sure they wanted to be confident of the same. The additional follow ups from the recruiter were pleasant and informative.

Interview Questions

• What sets me a part from the other candidates applying for the role?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Ann Arbor, MI) in December 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process was not difficult in itself, however, it was dragged out for months. Three interviews: two phone interviews and one in person. I was asked to give a presentation in person. The questions that were asked were not too difficult. Mainly about my experiences and skills.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

I met with recruiters at the career fair and was interviewed the next day. The position was for the spring semester and they were trying to fill the spot ASAP, so the process was probably a bit quicker than usual. I was interviewed by two people and asked straight forward STAR questions. The interviewers were nice enough, friendly but not overly warm, and the questions were simple behavioral questions. No trick questions here. I heard back a couple days later that I got the job, but ultimately I declined because the position they had open wasn't a good fit for my career path and not really related to my major.

Interview Questions

• When did you encounter a difficult team member and what did you do about this?   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

Interview was many years ago so I don't know if method will change with move to Texas and consolidation with manufacturing arm.
    Toyota's interviews like to focus on behavior type questions.
    Answer in STAR format: Situation, Task, Action, Results

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you have a dealt with a difficult customer or stakeholder?   Answer Question