Toyota North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Toyota is very thorough about their interview process. This is due in part to their stance on not laying people off, but it is also just because they want to find people that are the right fit. Overall, from application to hiring, the process took about four months. I finally really got traction in the last few months. In total, I had phone conversations with four of their in-house recruiters, then I had four interviews with managers, and each of those interviews was with two managers (so eight managers total). However, none of the interviews had "gotcha" questions. It was clear they just wanted to see how I think, how I reason through problems, and how I relate to people.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were presented with some financial information, and some part of it just didn't "smell" right?   1 Answer
    • I did have a phone interview with a recruiter on the finance side for TEMA (the manufacturing arm in Kentucky), and they asked some specific questions like "What is the accounting equation?" and "What is a bill of materials?"   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America in February 2018.

Interview

A phone interview was requested via email. The questions were traditional. Very little information was provided about the job. Job information will be provided at the onsite interview.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Morgantown, WV) in February 2018.

Interview

mainly behavioral questions, but the fact is i am just trying to fill the criteria of writing thirty words in order to look for information on other companies. This is just gonna be a bunch of words meaningless to the extent of the thirty word limit. why is it taking so much time to write this meaningless review, just go for it and be cocky as hell.

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

It was exciting, open and inviting. I got a feel for the environment the moment I initially spoke to the recruiter. The on-site interview was very relaxed and more conversational. I didn't feel like I was in a major corporation, it felt more like a casual conversation to get to know one another. I could certainly deduce there were trying to evaluate my cultural fit. It was an enjoyable experience as I wanted to know that I'd fit in, just as I'm sure they wanted to be confident of the same. The additional follow ups from the recruiter were pleasant and informative.

Interview Questions

• What sets me a part from the other candidates applying for the role?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Ann Arbor, MI) in December 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process was not difficult in itself, however, it was dragged out for months. Three interviews: two phone interviews and one in person. I was asked to give a presentation in person. The questions that were asked were not too difficult. Mainly about my experiences and skills.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

I met with recruiters at the career fair and was interviewed the next day. The position was for the spring semester and they were trying to fill the spot ASAP, so the process was probably a bit quicker than usual. I was interviewed by two people and asked straight forward STAR questions. The interviewers were nice enough, friendly but not overly warm, and the questions were simple behavioral questions. No trick questions here. I heard back a couple days later that I got the job, but ultimately I declined because the position they had open wasn't a good fit for my career path and not really related to my major.

Interview Questions

• When did you encounter a difficult team member and what did you do about this?   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

Interview was many years ago so I don't know if method will change with move to Texas and consolidation with manufacturing arm.
    Toyota's interviews like to focus on behavior type questions.
    Answer in STAR format: Situation, Task, Action, Results

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you have a dealt with a difficult customer or stakeholder?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

If you are applying for an engineer position, they will ask you STAR questions. Basically give a situation, explain the issue, explain how you resolved it, and the result.

Engineering Coop Interview

Interview

Talked with a recruiter at the career fair of my school. Got an interview and it was all STAR based questions. If you manage to use the STAR method well you will succeed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about A time you worked on a team and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

I met at a career fair then signed up for an interview, said they would get back to me about the second round. The interview was all behavioral and did not take long or have much stress

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

Very professional and positive experience. Started with a quick phone interview with a recruiter. Very basic questions like 'why Toyota?'. Moved on to a phone interview with several national managers. They were very welcoming and friendly, even with the bad answers I provided! Although they gave a quick 'study guide' for the interview, and i did my research on this site for possible interview questions, they still threw me off with the first question that I didn't have a good answer for. There were only about 3 true interview questions. Rest was job specific and talking about the position.

Interview Questions

• name a time you had to do something that was right but not popular. explain using the STAR format   Answer Question