Toyota North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Toyota is very thorough about their interview process. This is due in part to their stance on not laying people off, but it is also just because they want to find people that are the right fit. Overall, from application to hiring, the process took about four months. I finally really got traction in the last few months. In total, I had phone conversations with four of their in-house recruiters, then I had four interviews with managers, and each of those interviews was with two managers (so eight managers total). However, none of the interviews had "gotcha" questions. It was clear they just wanted to see how I think, how I reason through problems, and how I relate to people.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were presented with some financial information, and some part of it just didn't "smell" right?   2 Answers
    • I did have a phone interview with a recruiter on the finance side for TEMA (the manufacturing arm in Kentucky), and they asked some specific questions like "What is the accounting equation?" and "What is a bill of materials?"   1 Answer

Contractor Interview

Interview

One HR Manager interviewed me. It was really easy.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Plano, TX).

Interview

Hope this company is better than what they portray during the interview process. The legal department has a quirky group of paralegals that tout they are a group of native Southern Californians who worked together for 20 years and not shy about letting me know that I am the new outsider if I were to get the job. They giggled at my accent and told me how horrible Texas is compared to the beaches of California. The attorneys were nice enough, but the paralegals made me feel very uncomfortable. One of the paralegal came across as very sharp and kept shaking her head as she read my resume. She challenged my worth. It does not matter if you are a huge company, no one should make anyone else feel small. Then the HR recruiter refused to answer my calls and emails. I am still not sure why they invited me for an interview to make me feel inadequate. Very disappointed in this company.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you can do this job? Your resume does not look like it.   Answer Question

Assistant Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toyota North America (San Jose, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Found add on job search website, got called in for interview 2 days later, hired on the spot. Took background and drug test and waited 1 week to start after went through.

Interview Questions

• If a customer didnt like what you were trying to tell them about their car and didnt believe you what would you say?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Associate Interview

Interview

long and drawn out

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toyota North America (New York, NY).

Interview

Behavioral Interview with extremely nice people.There is not a whole lot you can do to prepare other than being confident in your abilities and confident that Toyota is a good place with you for a good reason.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength and weakness? How did you like your former job?   1 Answer

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Frisco, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I had a phone call with the recruiter describing the role, followed by an in-person meeting, followed by a roundtable/panel interview with several team members. All interviewees were personable and informative about Toyota and the role

Interview Questions

• How my background and experiences fit with role description   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America in February 2015.

Interview

Face to Face meeting where I was asked questions about my work history and what I expect of the company if hired on. Briefly went into detail about what is expected of an associate working for the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

2 interviews using the star format. Had to come up with a answer with the following: a situation, a task the action that was taken and the result. The star format.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation when you had to use your problem solving skills   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Toyota North America.

Interview

Very professional and positive experience. Started with a quick phone interview with a recruiter. Very basic questions like 'why Toyota?'. Moved on to a phone interview with several national managers. They were very welcoming and friendly, even with the bad answers I provided! Although they gave a quick 'study guide' for the interview, and i did my research on this site for possible interview questions, they still threw me off with the first question that I didn't have a good answer for. There were only about 3 true interview questions. Rest was job specific and talking about the position.

Interview Questions

• name a time you had to do something that was right but not popular. explain using the STAR format   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Toyota North America (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

HR phone screen. Hiring manager phone screen. Panel interview with two on site and two via teleconference. HR follow up phone conversation (benefits and salary range review). Face to face interview with hiring manger, his boss and his boss. Panel interview had open ended background questions followed by a series six situation, task, action and results questions. The final interview with such high level people seemed excessive to me. All open ended questions obviously targeting questions they had about my resume and experience. Not sure how they are going to keep up with hiring needs as they open their Dallas campus with such an involved process, Long delays between each step. Asked before leaving the final interview what their timeline was and they indicated they would be making a decision that day...still took several weeks and follow ups before receiving an auto email rejection. Obviously they made an offer to someone else and were waiting until they accepted and passed the background check before informing the other candidates. That was somewhat obvious and annoying when they could have initially let me know they had chosen to make an offer to someone else first and are waiting for final acceptance...seems more reasonable to me, but possibly that opens up another can of worms.