UCLA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UCLA Interview Questions

Interviews at UCLA

2.6

Interview

I have three rounds of interviews by the different people asking questions about research experiences and interests. They also asked why chose this school. They are really nice and the interview is not very hard.

Part-Time Lecturer Interview

Interview

I had an interview with the department chair. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and it was quite casual. The questions were easy, it was about a specific course I applied for.

Interview Questions

• What is your teaching philosophy?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Interview

It was a simple behavioral interview. The interview process is what you would expect at any office. I applied to the office with my resume and answered a couple of short answer questions along with my work availability.

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UCLA.

Interview

Simple, straightforward process. I met with my future supervisor after sending my resume to the director and we talked about expectations for the job. They reached out a week later offering me the position

Interview Questions

• What particular strength do you have that you think will help working here?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Filled out online application, and was called in for one in person meeting about a week later. The in person meeting was with associate director and myself. I got offer for internship via phone.

Data Entry Interview

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward and simple. They were very accommodating because I was out of the state at the time, so they allowed us to have a video interview.

Program Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview process was all online. It was a lot of the same questions you have to fill out for other jobs. Name, address, past experience, references, etc. east but time consuming.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Submitted application online, heard back for an interview a month later. Phone interview went well, and was invited to a second interview in person. Drove all the way to campus (don't live close), had to pay for parking and the interviewer was 15 mins late. Had the interview with who would have been my boss and also with his boss. Went ok, waited a week and got called for a third interview. Was given an assignment to work on as well, that I would have to present in the interview. Drove again all the way over there for the third interview, paid again and once again they were late. 45 mins late this time. Finally get in the interview, present the work, don't recieve any feedback. It was a panel interview with four people. Finished and headed home.

Thought I would hear something back within a week since they were pretty good on communication previously. They didn't call or email so I sent a follow up. Radio silence. At this point I know I won't receive a response. Personally, it's disrespectful to invite me for the interviews and then act like I don't deserve a response. I spent a lot of time driving there and back both times and spent time on the assignment, the least you can do is let me know I didn't get the job. Feel like I dodged a bullet. I've had enough of bad culture at my current job, don't need it in future ones.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at UCLA?
      Why do you want this job?
      How did you learn about this job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UCLA in February 2020.

Interview

There is free parking on the street. Very straightforward one day interview getting to know staff, and the local patient population, which included a tour around the entire clinic. Straightforward questions and very sweet staff. Not much more to include regarding how the day went as it was easy.

Work Study Student Interview

Interview

it was a fairly easy process. You were asked basic questions about your availability. You were asked about your interest in the position. You were asked about previous work experience as well.

Interview Questions

• What previous work experience do you have?   1 Answer