US Air Force Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Air Force Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2018

2.2

Air Force Interview

Interview

Talk to a recruiter, just be sure to research before you go. Recruiters won't lie to you, but might leave out facts. Be sure to research what job AFSC prior to going.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

A short interview with a random captain. She didn't really know what was going on. More of a farcical formality than anything. She just talked to me really. No meaningful questions.

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force (Charlottesville, IN) in June 2012.

Interview

4 years of ROTC and successful completion of a summer camp between sophomore and junior years. Following successful completion of the college classes through 4 years of school, I received a commission and was appointed a second lieutenant in the United States Air Force. It was a great opportunity, following 4 years of hard work, and it has been the best job ever since.

Interview Questions

• If we put you in charge of 15 Airmen, how would you lead them to get the mission done?   1 Answer

Air Force Officer Interview

Interview

You need a four year college degree. Commissioning source either college ROTC, service academy, or OTS. Scholarships available, but flux every year on what they're looking for. There's never a safe career field. Once you're hired, you will have to compete to keep your job every year.

Air Force Officer Interview

Interview

BA required along with required training. Training and screening process is very intensive depending on the position that you are interviewing for. There are dozens of different positions ranging from military aviation to support.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to serve when there exist the potential to go to war/harm's way   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eglin AFB, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Eglin AFB, FL).

Interview

This is based on 'Whole Person Concept' and attitude, it does not "do it justice" to explain here. To become an Officer, there are 3 typical ways: Graduate the U.S. Air Force Academy, attend Air Force R.O.T.C. and graduate College, or be selected and complete Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, AL. Your career field selection is weighed with your performance in the lengthy application process.

Interview Questions

• "Whole Person Concept" based, some of the (if not the) most scrutinized job selection aspects in the Country.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is the U.S. Military, doesn't exactly translate to how a typical civilian job would offer a career option.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter then met with an active duty officer. The recruiter of course was trying to get me to sign up, as his job is getting more people in. The officer however actually had some more interview type questions. He had to submit a final recommendation on my application package. I submitted the paperwork out of high school for a scholarship, and was awarded the opportunity. Otherwise there was no formal interview process for the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Clinton Township, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Clinton Township, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted by my local recruiting station's commanding officer which in my case was a Captain. First, we went over my application resume and he asked me about my previous leadership positions from both high school and college. Then, he asked me a few questions including why I wanted to become an officer in the United States Air Force and what personal characteristics I possessed that made me qualified to lead Airmen. He then asked me a couple situational questions where I had to answer how I would react and handle specific situations that I might encounter as an officer in the military. Finally, I was able to ask him questions about anything I wanted to know (which I highly recommend doing during any interview, not just with the military). Overall, the interview was semi-casual and felt like a normal conversation at times.

Interview Questions

• As a relatively young candidate (age 23), if you were to enter the Air Force as an officer with no prior military experience, how would you go about doing your job effectively?   Answer Question

Air Force Pilot Interview

Interview

must be medically qualified and based on a merit system through you school/rotc program you will have a limited number of slots to be filled. their are also avenues through Guard/Reserve Units that will bring you in, employ you, and if you are qualified and they have a position, will send you to pilot training. Pilot training itself is a year long process that will undoubtedly be the most stressful year of your life but the outcome is worth it!

Negotiation

n/a

Air Force Pilot Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Sacramento, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Aptitude test, physicals and 6 weeks of bootcamp to observe your leadership skills/traits. Once you've been selected as a candidate, sitting down in front of a board of officers who then ask you various questions on Air Force History, Leadership, current events, and then adding scenarios for you to work through to determine decision making.

Interview Questions

• Why should you be an AF Pilot?   1 Answer