US Air Force Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at US Air Force

1,004 Interview Reviews

2.2

Enlisted Military Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

You talk to a recruiter, the recruiter lies to you or is misinformed, you join, then you realize you wanted to do something else. But sometimes they're cool and fill out all your paperwork before you go to training, so that's nice.

Language Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lompoc, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Air Force (Lompoc, CA).

Interview

The process to become a language analyst involved taking a special proficiency test called the DLAB. From there, they tend to put you in the language in which they need you.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

The only time that I never had a job interview. I was selected based on my resume and veteran preference. I prepared just in case but deemed not necessary

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lavale, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force (Lavale, MD).

Interview

Entry requirements are clearly stated several times prior to processing. Following evaluations (ASVAB test, physical assessment, etc.) members are given the opportunity to look for a preferred specialty, though nothing is guaranteed.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been convicted of a felony?   3 Answers
    • Have you ever used marijuana?   2 Answers

IT Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Air Force (Lubbock, TX) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview process goes through an AF recruiter. You will go through a variety of tests and questions. The big items are the career test, background check, PT, and have you ever been in trouble.

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied on USA Jobs. As a military spouse overseas I had a hiring preference. In person interview. Was offered online through HR. Could not negotiate step salary due to local policy.

Program Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Air Force.

Interview

Panel interview, reviewing prior work and applicability between DoD programs. It was a fairly typical govt interview, with questions rotated through panel members. Branch chief, deputy, and HR reps were present.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you experienced, how did you solve it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Interview

Go to the recruiter and they set you up on the process if you qualify. Less than .05 percent of the United States population is Military, even less United States Air Force. Each career field has it's different specifications, and the Air force makes career selections based on need. So not only do you have to be qualified, but to get the job you want you have to be patient. The recruiter will try to put you wherever is most convenient for them-- do not let them. Choose wisely, and assertively for yourself!

Interview Questions

• Basic health, and standardized aptitude requirements.   1 Answer

Active Duty Military Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Air Force (Las Cruces, NM) in January 2020.

Interview

No interview process however you have to take the ASVAB and complete a physical and lots of paperwork and be prepared to wait for a training date. Pretty easy process.

Interview Questions

• Can you obtain a security clearance   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Air Force in December 2019.

Interview

Received emails talking about the position, benefits, and current open positions and their locations. phone interviews for each location I was interested in. After the interview in 24 hours I was offered the position. And I was also welcome to visit the facility.