US Airways Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Airways Interview Questions

2.8

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Airways (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2009.

Interview

Redundant & boring, Waste of time for a position that was not even the one being posted, US airways has done that many times in the pass in multiple departments system wide, before and even more so after the America West merger, Working for this company is a waste of time and not worth the chump change they call a salary

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I was contacted by someone who works in HR to set up the interview for this position. I was interviewed by three directors, which was a bit intimidating, though now it is usually managers and senior analysts who interview candidates. The interview I went through had many situational and behavioral questions, but not many technical ones as I was being interviewed by directors of several different departments.

Interview Questions

• I did not receive any technical questions, but they asked questions about different situations (i.e. bad team/group member, financial/excel analysis, etc).   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Airways (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2008.

Interview

Applicants were brought into a conference room and introduced to the team manager and the process, then we were rotated between multiple associates and managers for interviews. The process included a skills interview in which we were asked to design and present a solution to a problem, a technical Q & A session and a personal Q & A session.

Interview Questions

• How do you design a many-many relationship in a database?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Tempe, AZ) in November 2012.

Interview

3 rounds of interview. Two technical interviews. Very easy interviews mostly focussed on past experience.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected question. All questions were related to past experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since I was applying for a contract positon there was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Airways (Tempe, AZ) in November 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with basic questions including quantitative and case. Question like what would you consider if US Airways was going to implement this new service. Interviewer was very cool and left a good impression. Got an email a few days later and they flew me out to Tempe to interview and headquarters. Lots of MBAs being interviewed. 3 Interviews with 1 behavorial, 1 large case and 1 interview with several small cases. Interviewers were nice and recruiting seemed to be very professional.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Airways (Tempe, AZ) in February 2008.

Interview

It was all just personality questions. Tell us about a time when.... Horibble questions, because it does not gauge true skills, knowledge, and abilities.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you were challanged to perform?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tried my best to get better salary, but little budge. Ended up takinf far less for an oppurtunity cost.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Airways (Tempe, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

Quick and professional actual interview. The interview and hiring process took too long. Human Resources took very long to actually get the offer through. Made me wait about a month for processing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when I had to perform several task by a deadline and how I approached it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Airways.

Interview

My interview process was job specific it wasn't a campus interview and they pretty much asked about all the technical level details of the job, whether I had those skills to do the job. and some behavioral questions like tell me about yourself

Interview Questions

• No such unexpected questions but basic excel skills questions were there   Answer Question

Negotiation

the pay scale is pretty much fixed and cant be negotiated as much

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Airways in April 2014.

Interview

I got a phone interview with senior engineer. No behavior questions were asked. All about general aviation knowledge, the company and some technical questions. Pretty easy atmosphere. Nice interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Airways (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I applied on our career website at school. They called me for a short phone interview and then invited me to an interview. It was a 30 min. interview. They called me back a few weeks later saying I got the offer. Both interviewers were very nice and they called me half way through my decision making to see if they could be of any more assistance.

Interview Questions

• The only technical question was what would be the factors of me ordering pens.   Answer Question

I got a better offer elsewhere