Unisys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2018

2.7

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Unisys (Augusta, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online for a part-time position and received a call a couple of days later. The call was a sort of pre-interview, where the recruiter gave me a chance to go forward to a main interview.

The interview was extremely casual. The questions were scripted, I took a quick skills test, and that was it.

Interview Questions

• A light in your room has stopped working. What steps would you take to troubleshoot this issue?   Answer Question

Past Performance Research Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Unisys (Reston, VA) in January 2018.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me, saying that a former coworker of mine had recommended me for a position. I had a 30-minute screening call with the recruiter and submitted my resume and a cover letter. In a day, I had a 30-minute phone interview with the hiring manager and department head, who then scheduled a phone interview with a member of her team who works remotely. Per her request, I also submitted several writing samples to the hiring manager and recruiter. Several days later, the recruiter contacted me for an in-person interview; scheduling was made complicated by his initially promising one date and then saying that he'd made a mistake and scheduled my interview on an earlier date that I'd told him wasn't possible with my current work schedule. Once the logistics were straightened out, I spent several hours at Unisys Federal Systems' office in Reston, meeting with three team members for half an hour each and then the hiring manager for nearly an hour. Everyone I met was very pleasant, although it was a little strange that all conversations took place in a conference room on a different floor from where the team does its work. Everything felt very scripted. The team I met obviously is capable, although their work doesn't seem to capture their interest very much. After I followed up, I did not hear anything from Unisys for about two weeks until I reached out to the recruiter, who said that I was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with subject-matter experts who are inflexible and demanding?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unisys.

Interview

had one interview and one in person. the interviewer mainly just talked about the description and didnt ask me too many questions. afterwards it took about 2 weeks to hear back. very friendsly HR recruiters

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Unisys (Eagan, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

Connected with company through university career fair. Had 2 phone interviews than an extensive interview with supervisors or higher ranked employees. Interview was about 4 hours and consisted of character questions, past experiences and a brief technical examination on knowledge of C/C++ and database administration. After interview there was an extensive reference check dating back 7 years and a drug test (Urine Analysis) after accepting offer. All interviewers were friendly and more than happy to answer any questions that I had. The recruiter was also very helpful in completing all required steps after offer accepted.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a challenging problem in [programming language], how you solved it and what brought you to that solution?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Unisys (State College, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through a campus career event. I got an interview for the next day. I didn't hear back for over a month.

Two software engineers interviewed me alongside the recruiter that scheduled me for an interview.

Data Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unisys.

Interview

The interview process varies significantly based on the project you are being recruited for. In my case it was a phone interview followed by an onsite. The phone interview is more of conversation with some technical questions. The onsite one is more hands-on where you have to use the whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• They cover a wide array of questions starting with your knowledge of data architecture (3NF/Star/Snowflake etc.), SQL and ETL. Both interviews will be similar but the Face to Face will go down one level deeper. The questions were pretty generic like what is a star schema, what is a scd 2 dimension. Also the SQL was pretty easy with basic joins and aggregations.   Answer Question

Systems Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Unisys.

Interview

Basic out of college questions about networking and DBMS. It was not very difficult for freshers to clear. Just basic questions on the subjects that we had studied.
    There was one face to face interview with the manager of the team and that was all

Interview Questions

• Going forward, do you want to to get into the DBMS side or networking   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unisys (Augusta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Quick response time. Recruiters set a clear expectation of when to expect each step of the process. The recruiter also was very helpful in preparing me for the interview and letting me know what to expect

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Unisys in January 2017.

Interview

I had a 30-minute technical interview over the phone before being invited to an on-site interview, which I declined. The recruiter was pushy and aggressive every time we spoke, which gave a very bad impression of the company. My phone interview was conducted by two new hires who were waiting on government clearances, so they had not actually done any work for the company yet. I questioned why they were screening candidates using individuals who had not yet proven themselves to be competent and effective employees. They were obviously unable to answer any questions I had about working at Unisys since they had not started working yet. This was by far the worst and most unprofessional interview experience I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• The questions were focused on terminology (i.e. "what is overriding in Java?"). There were no problem-solving questions.   Answer Question

Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Unisys (New York, NY).

Interview

They asked about the process knowledge and experience that they require to handle the process like MS Outlook, Word, excel and its formulas, Oracle experience etc.and they has also asked my personal information like my Education, Hobbies, etc.

Interview Questions

• Q. What is the formula used to merge the content in two cells in excel   2 Answers