Universal Protection Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Universal Protection Service Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

1.7

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service.

Interview

It really wasn't a interview, more like hi can you start now kind of deals. It was fast and easy. All you did was go to the orientation, watch some videos, get called to be interviewed, and they ask to make a copy of your id and guard card. Then you got the job like I said pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in security before?   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Universal actually came out to interview me. I was brought into a room with two people. We interviewed for about 30 minutes. I was very comfortable and I knew they liked me within a few minutes. It was a fun interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a military background   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Farmington Hills, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on online Aug 28 and took the assessment test. Two days later Aug 30 I received a phone call from HR letting me know that I was Scheduled for an Interview Friday Sep 2. When I arrived to the interview I was given another application to fill out, they ask what did you observe upon entering the building.After the interview was done I had to sumbit to a background check and drug test

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There Was No Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was in a group setting. They talk to us all at once. Not really interested in telling anymore im done talking about the interview process cause it was a simple group interview that's all

Interview Questions

• Do we have reliable transportation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Painless, online application, but you must follow up or no one will ever call you. Once you speak with management and they do the phone interview you'll be contacted for a face to face interview and drug testing occurs at the interview. Expect about a 1-2 hour interview. If hired you'll usually get your picture taken for the company security Identification and get your uniforms needed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do security?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Very easy, not much negotiations available

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Left a lot out of the interview, thought the company really had it together no Love for their employees.It was room for a lot of improvement. Didn't get a tour of the site where I would be working.

Negotiation

Was really fooled by head management, that he wanted to really improve the quality of the company

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service in June 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call and was scheduled to interview the next morning. The interview was with two managers but one asked the questions while the other wrote notes. At the end he told me about the position, the site and pay and said they would give me a call about training. This was on Friday. Monday they called and said training started Tuesday for 3 days but day 1 was just orientation AND DRUG TEST (MOUTH SWAB). DAY 3 we took our exams using each other and our notes.

Interview Questions

• When you had an issue with a coworker how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle irate customers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. There is a set rate offered.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Rosemont, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Called me in for an interview the day after I applied. The interviewers just described the job and hardly asked me anything. I had 3 interviews the same day, one after another, all 3 said I interviewed well. All 3 interviewers told me word for word "This position sucks and you don't want it because you'll be woken up at 2AM sometimes because the guard that was supposed to cover for someone didn't show up and now you have to find someone else." First with the current operations manager, then with the Operations Manager's Supervisor, then with HR. All 3 interviewers told me that the majority of the job is scheduling guards and making sure that there is back up for them if they go home sick. Also that I would not be doing any of the other job duties and responsibilities on the job ad.

Security Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Detroit, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Apply online only. Five minute interview. Background check. Drug test. Job. The process is slow. It took ten days for my background check. The office was messy. Uniforms everywhere. The staff in the office were half friendly and half didn't care I was there.It seems like a very unorganized place.

Interview Questions

• Asked me why I wanted to work for them   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Universal Protection Service (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

very good and guaranteed a job the interview process was very easy i don't know if it was because they really need people or what but whatever it is you will get hired its up to u to accept the offer or not. The only thing i didn't like was the position states gated community but doesn't state the job description well it says other wise were sitting in the hot sun making sure no cars go down a road there fixing on 12 hours no breaks. i wouldn't have a problem doing this if we have breaks or a lunch i don't think that's fair.