KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Vanderbilt University Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 233 of over 233 interviews

In Person6%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Interview

Interview is situational based. Very thorough and scenario driven for specialty of interest. Personable and relatable. Interview consisted of mostly open ended questions with situational response driven answers. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you were presented with a challenge?
    Answer Question

Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Interview

Two interviews via teams. Both interviews were group interviews with management and then with staff who are actively working in the hospital. Pretty easy and straightforward. I had my interview within a week or so of applying. Overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Interview

First round of interview was an hour long chat with a developer. In addition, I had to complete a take home assignment that I spent another hour on. During the weekend, because they gave it on Friday afternoon and expected it done by Monday morning. Fine, I did that. I apparently passed, then did another Zoom interview with the hiring manager and another developer. In the end, I got an email saying I wasn't qualified enough. So I passed the technical round but wasn't qualified. So they're probably lying and didn't like me, but couldn't you just say that instead? I'm an adult, I can handle honest feedback.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Application

I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Interview

Short, but comprehensive interview process. They want to make sure you care about their cause and will fit into their team environment, as it is a very collaborative and supportive group.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Application

I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Interview

A lot of interviews via Zoom. The recruiter did not know anything about the position and called me thirty minutes late. Other interviewers were also late. They were overall offputting.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Interview

Detailed and lengthy interview process for Care Partner candidates. Extensive training and experience received is unmatched in my opinion and worth the rigorous process. Recruiter will contact for phone interview and schedule face-to-face if VUMC is interested in moving forward.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in Jul 2022

Interview

I had a three-step interview process in which I met with the PI of the lab, a higher-up, then the director of the Cognitive center. It was very quick and smooth and they let me know either the day of or the day after if I would be proceeding with the next step.

Interview Questions
  • How do you deal with stress and what do you do when you are overwhelmed?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in Jun 2022

Interview

It was a quick turn around time from the time I submitted my application. The interview was informative. I felt like the questions were directed at my goals more than my work experience.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for VUMC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN)

Interview

Good. It was lengthy but it went very well. I think it’s fine and u will do fine. Just research before and ask lots of detailed questions. I would use the HR person too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in May 2022

Interview

Zoom interview for remote PHP role with VICTR department that lasted about 45 minutes. There were standard questions about my background and current role - nice chat with the interviewers. I was told at the end that there would be a take-home assessment. I was told to work on it when I can for a week or two and there would be a code review with me afterwards. I complete it and turn it in after spending a lot of hours on it. After a few days, I get a generic "no longer a candidate" email. No code review, no feedback on my performance, nothing. I asked for feedback and was ignored. If you are a developer, I wouldn't recommend applying at all.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 233 Interviews

Vanderbilt University Medical Center Interviews FAQs

Common stages of the interview process at Vanderbilt University Medical Center according to 250 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 19.55%

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Vanderbilt University Medical Center? Share Your Experiences

Vanderbilt University Medical Center Careers

Cover image for Vanderbilt University Medical Center

DISCOVER YOUR PLACE AT VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University...More

• Nursing
  • Residency Program
  • Benefits
  • Diversity

Company Updates

26 days ago

Careers
Vanderbilt Health has immediate openings in our diagnostic laboratories. This is an exciting and dynamic laboratory that is at the cutting edge of patient care, providing you with the opportunity to learn and develop new technologies and diagnostics in an academic Medical Center. We’re holding a virtual hiring event Wednesday, Sept. 28, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., during which we’ll be making offers on the spot. We’re also offering a $10,000 sign on bonus for positions requiring categorical Certification & State Labs Licensure and a $2,000 sign on bonus for Path Support, Lab Technicians, Clinical Lab Associates, & Phlebotomists. Click the link below to RSVP and schedule an interview. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VUMCDiagnosticLab
Shared image - Diagnostic Lab Virtual Hiring Event RSVP -- CLICK HERE TO RSVP
Diagnostic Lab Virtual Hiring Event RSVP -- CLICK HERE TO RSVP
www.surveymonkey.com

59 days ago

Careers
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is growing our Central Sterile Processing team. If you are looking to change or grow your career, join us for virtual information sessions to learn about VUMC's new, FREE training program. The sessions will take place Monday, Aug. 8, at 12 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. RSVP for either session by visiting https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CSTProgram. RSVP is encouraged but not required. To join the Zoom session at 12 p.m., visit https://zoom.us/j/91364665603?from=addon (meeting ID: 913 6466 5603) To join the Zoom session at 5:30 p.m., visit https://zoom.us/j/95215627878?from=addon (meeting ID: 952 1562 7878)
Shared image - Central Sterile Processing Technician Program
Central Sterile Processing Technician Program
www.surveymonkey.com

Vanderbilt University Medical Center Photos

+ Add Photo
Vanderbilt University Medical Center photo of: Making Diversity and Inclusion intentional is one of our top goals at the Medical Center.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center photo of: Employees have a lot to celebrate about.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center photo of: Employees coming together to celebrate the difference each makes.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center photo of: VUMC knows how to celebrate its employees.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center photo of: Each year, we celebrate outstanding employees during Women's History Month
Vanderbilt University Medical Center photo of: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Vanderbilt University Medical Center photo of: Vanderbilt Wilson County employees on the first day of orientation.

Expert Career Advice