Vanderbilt University Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Vanderbilt University Medical Center

2.6

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

Great. The interviewers were friendly and interested in my experience. I had a chance to ask questions and felt like they were honest about pros and cons about the organization. Overall a really great experience

Patient Access Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in June 2017.

Interview

First there is a phone interview, which was very positive. You feel like you're talking to a friend you have known for a long time. Next they send you an online assessment to be sure you are suited to the job. After you pass, you are offered an in-person interview. I did a background check also. I received an offer the same day I interviewed, which really made me feel invaluable. I am looking forward to working for a world renowned medical corporation.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have for this type of work, which is customer and patient related?   1 Answer

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview was very planned out. The interviewer is given a set of questions, i assume from HR, and they must ask you every question on the list. It took over 5 months for me to hear back that I was awarded the job. VUMC's interview process is extremely slow and poorly managed.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in January 2012.

Interview

Arrived on time. Met with HR mgr, then met hiring mgr. After interview, was escorted to work area to meet workers. Process was roughly two hours. Then was hired same day.

Patient Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in August 2018.

Interview

Average interview, asked behavioral questions. They were friendly, made tou feel comfortable. They were honest about working there. They list the pros and cons about working in the area.

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in March 2012.

Interview

A simple on site interview. Wasn't tough at all. They asked all relevant questions which were very easy to answer.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

As a student, the undergrad work/study program was was easy to understand in terms of the hiring process. What I've heard from full time staff is that the interview process is straightforward and simple as well. Getting the job required quite a bit of past experience, and also a strong interest in the work to be done and matching up with Vanderbilt's creed and values.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

Interview

There was a phone interview then an in person interview, I am currently in a phase where I provide references and after 5 references are reviewed they can make a hiring decision. Of course I dont understand what that means, am I still in a pool of people or do they want to offer pending my reference review (which of course they will be good why would I pick poor references you know) So just waiting

Interview Questions

• Comment on how you stopped something bad from happening (safety)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fast and smooth. First there was a phone interview from one of the managers. During this I got to learn about nurse:patient ratios, number of beds on the unit, acuity of the patients, etc. At the end of the interview I was offered a face-to-face interview, with an option to do it on Skype (I lived about three hours away). I chose to drive to the hospital for the interview to get a better feel of the atmosphere and also places to live near the hospital. The assistant managers interviewed me and gave me a tour of the unit. They were very forthcoming and helpful, even talking about possible orientation dates.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time when you had a difficult patient, and how did you deal with that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN).

Interview

I felt that the interviewer was friendly and encouraging. The interview setting was comfortable and the atmosphere was very relaxed. Everyone I came in contact with at the facility welcomed me with open arms.