Vanderbilt University Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Vanderbilt University Medical Center

HardAverageEasy
Found 181 candidate interviews
Featured InterviewHelpful (3)
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (United States) in Dec 2019

Interview

Was contacted 2 days after applying, spoke with HR before my interview about benefits and other details about the job. Had a phone interview and was given an official offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you said something you shouldn’t have to a patient.
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (United States)

Interview

Overall felt disorganized and unprofessional. I initially applied in November and on two separate occasions was ghosted then contacted a month later asking if I was still interested. The person contacting me did not want to set up a formal interview and only chose to communicate via email despite me asking for something more efficient/formal. Wanted me to send some personal coding projects then promptly ghosted me (yet again) after she had trouble running the code due to an issue on her end that was out of my control. Complete joke and waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • Are you still interested in the position?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (United States) in Oct 2020

Interview

First I received an email asking for an interview. I then set up a time to meet. Because of COVID, we met through Zoom. A few days later, my references were checked.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself? What is your experience with softwares?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (United States)

Interview

The Interview process is not difficult. I met with the Director it was overall an average experience. I received a job offer in about a month. The onboarding process can be time-consuming.

Interview Questions
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (United States)

Interview

It was very situation oriented. Lots of questions. Lots of brain picking. I definitely suggest preparing before by thinking through specific clinical examples (questions were centered on team work, conflict, safety, resources, personal skills, why vanderbilt and why the specific unit)

Interview Questions
  • Q. Describe a situation when you feared for the safety of a patient or coworker.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (United States) in Sep 2020

Interview

I received an email after applying and had an interview the following week. I was then contacted the next week and had another interview that same week. I was not contacted about being declined an offer. I had to check the online portal.

Interview Questions
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (United States)

Interview

Interview process lasted thirty minutes. Lab manager asked basic questions about my future plans, strengths, experience with computers. Job description was vague so I just came prepped with basic questions about schedule, day to day tasked, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (United States) in Aug 2020

Interview

I applied online. The application was lengthy and was basically a substitution for a phone screen. After about two weeks, I got invited by a recruiter via email to do a 1:1 interview with who would be my direct supervisor. After a week or so, the recruiter asked me to schedule a second round of interviews consisting of 1-on-1 30 minute conversations with 5 people from across the department, including an assistant director, project managers, and people in the position I was applying for. Most of the questions were personality related. Everyone was extremely friendly and only had genuinely nice things to say about VICTR; I could tell that it would be a wonderful team to be a part of. Two days after that, I asked the recruiter what the next steps would be and she said that they were currently still in the interview phase, but I should receive a rejection or offer by email. (With no specific time frame) However, 3 weeks went by and I hadn't heard back, so I contacted one of the people I interviewed with her to reiterate my interest. I didn't receive a response from her, but about two days later I got the rejection email from the recruiter. All in all it was a good experience and I'm disappointed it didn't work out. My only complaints are: A) some of the interviewers had little to no experience with interviewing people and B) I wish they hadn't left me hanging so long.

Interview Questions
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in Aug 2020

Interview

I have made it the last round twice. Each department is different. First time Round 1 - Phone Screening/ Recruiter Round 2 - In-person interview with administrative staff of department Round 3 - Zoom calls with four directors Round 4 - In-person interview with four directors Second Time Round 1 - Phone interview with Director for the department Round 2- In- person interview with two managers and two admin staff

Interview Questions
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
Application

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. I applied on 8/06/20 and I was called for an interview on 8/19/20. The hiring manager told me that it would be about two and a half weeks before I would hear anything. I was contacted by HR on 8/31/20 with my offer.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time where you had to deal with something that was difficult. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?
Application

Interview

Group interview. Probably 5 staff and myself sitting at a round table. They went around the room each asking their questions. It almost appeared that they were not interested in being there as if they already made a selection/knew who they were going to select.

Interview Questions
  • Very long specific situational questions...
Viewing 1 - 10 of 181