Verifone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Verifone

2.8

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Verifone.

Interview

Interview process is regressive. you must know everything you put down on your resume

Interview Questions

Negotiation

tough

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verifone (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

1st interview was on the phone and I had another two interviews in the office. It was kind of slow process. ...................................1st interview was on the phone and I had another two interviews in the office. It was kind of slow process.

Interview Questions

• some basic question about java and DB, maybe you will be asked to solve some algorithms question   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verifone (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed by 4 people in a row for a contracting position for 2 hours, half an hour each.

Asked about my overall experience and where I would see myself in future. (AI or Cloud Computing or Robotics or something else).

Very friendly interaction by all of them.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Data Structures and algorithms to solve the problems listed. Sorting a list and which sorting I would use and why. Searching for an element, same reasoning as to which one and why?

Lots of questions regarding servlets, jsps.

Later Restful Web Services, OAuth.   1 Answer

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verifone (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Email and phone interview with a recruiter, two hour in-person interview with hiring manager and one other manager. Overall very pleasant and direct. All questions were straightforward and related to either specific skills necessary for the job or personal practices on social media. Although I felt the interview went really well, I received my rejection letter one day after the in-person interview. I reached out to the recruiter for feedback (or contact information of the hiring manager) and received a generic response.

Interview Questions

• In support of an upcoming major trade show, you are asked to create a Social Media plan around a 10-question consumer market research study commissioned by Verifone.
      List some high level tactics you might use to promote the results of the study.   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview with recruiter. It was mainly behavioral. I did not make it to the second round. Probably because the recruiter seemed pretty clueless about my background. I work in Management Consulting at a F500 firm and my title is Consultant. For some reason she thought I was a contractor. I clarified, but I don't know if that was enough to mitigate her cluelessness.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter basically just asked me about my background. She was downright clueless though. I work at a management consulting firm, so my job title is Consultant. She thought I was a contractor. She said this position at Verifone is a full time position. I countered stating that my current job is a full time salaried position. It's also pretty evident if you read my resume as well. She was just clueless. I was not passed on to a second round. I think I judged a bullet.   Answer Question

SSR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verifone.

Interview

Was interviewed over the phone and via Facetime. Was not told in advance that Facetime would be utilized.Everything was done over the phone, since I was located out of state.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the usual questions. Interview was not difficult. I was prepared with my own Q and A. . Very easy going.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verifone in January 2016.

Interview

Independent recruiter advertised position; it's a difficult role to get hired for, so it's a very technical interview. Telephone interview first: ask for Dropdown select menu programmed in pure Javascript, CSS, HTML, no jQuery allowed. Said I could use examples from the web. I found example I didn't realize at first was using Jquery. Code was over 100 lines long when I started to put it together. Interviewer was not happy, but expected it done in 30 minutes. I found it unrealistic, even for most experts. Funny thing is, most web developers don't use pure JScript and have not for over 10 years, so this seems like specialist position more than realistic expectations. Interviewer wanted to use JSfiddle collaboration; not easy environment to debug in, and not what professional web developers use daily, except for small examples to share in community. Difficult to debug and see console errors, etc.

Interview Questions

• Dropdown select menu programmed in pure Javascript, CSS, HTML, no jQuery allowed   2 Answers

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verifone (Long Island City, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The in person interview followed a fairly nasty phone screen where I got an attitude from the HR person claiming she "hates" talking to people who haven't checked the company out. As an HR representative I kind of thought that was part of her job, but whatever. Bad tone pretty much kicked off an interview I knew would be a disaster.

I get to the offices and an eastern european women first greets me. After a few questions she basically kept giving me dirty looks with a tone of "are you just an idiot or something?" After 10 minutes I really just wanted to leave.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with (insert any sort of technology here)   Answer Question

Mid Level Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Verifone (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Recruiter seemed distracted and was not familiar with the specifics about the job. Seemed I'll prepared. When I asked about benefits and salary they would not discuss . I asked questions regarding work life balance, culture and management style, these seemed to stump them as well. Seems they were going thru the motions and reading from a s riptide not expecting follow up questions from the interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic question pertaining to my skill set and exprience   1 Answer
    • Willing to travel?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Had to ask for other salary components because the base pay was lower then asked for

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verifone (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very technical . Was asked to demonstrate practices and theories relating to the job I was applying for. Met with three different people during the process and they all seemed distracted and not happy with the company, almost as if they were trying to tell me something but not really saying . This was a key factor in why I declined the offer/

Interview Questions

• Standard questions re experience, previous employers, goals etc   Answer Question

Wasn't convinced this was a good place to work