Verifone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 16, 2017

2.9

Global Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verifone (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Very poor impression of the company based on their recruitment practices. According to their Company recruiter, my profile and experience was a perfect match to the type of candidate they were looking for. Never heard back. No answers to follow up emails.

Logistics Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verifone.

Interview

I had two phone interviews. After submitting my application online the recruiter contacted me for an initial interview. Basic exchange of information. Recruiter was very supportive. After that I had an interview with the hiring Manager. Behavioral based interview questions. Very friendly. Although I did not receive a Job offer it was a good experience

Strategy Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview with recruiter. It was mainly behavioral. I did not make it to the second round. Probably because the recruiter seemed pretty clueless about my background. I work in Management Consulting at a F500 firm and my title is Consultant. For some reason she thought I was a contractor. I clarified, but I don't know if that was enough to mitigate her cluelessness.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter basically just asked me about my background. She was downright clueless though. I work at a management consulting firm, so my job title is Consultant. She thought I was a contractor. She said this position at Verifone is a full time position. I countered stating that my current job is a full time salaried position. It's also pretty evident if you read my resume as well. She was just clueless. I was not passed on to a second round. I think I judged a bullet.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verifone (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed by 4 people in a row for a contracting position for 2 hours, half an hour each.

Asked about my overall experience and where I would see myself in future. (AI or Cloud Computing or Robotics or something else).

Very friendly interaction by all of them.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Data Structures and algorithms to solve the problems listed. Sorting a list and which sorting I would use and why. Searching for an element, same reasoning as to which one and why?

Lots of questions regarding servlets, jsps.

Later Restful Web Services, OAuth.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verifone (Rocklin, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with one of the managers at VeriFone and then they scheduled my next to interviews from there. I had my first onsite interview with 3 of the scheduled 5 engineers. My second interview was cancelled the night before the interview. They told me that I would be reached out to reschedule my second interview. After reaching out to HR once a week for four weeks I finally gave up. They finally reached out me about 6 weeks after my initial onsite interview and told me that the position had been filled. Overall, not a good experience at all. If they don't show extreme interest in you, don't ever expect to hear back from them.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verifone (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very technical . Was asked to demonstrate practices and theories relating to the job I was applying for. Met with three different people during the process and they all seemed distracted and not happy with the company, almost as if they were trying to tell me something but not really saying . This was a key factor in why I declined the offer/

Interview Questions

• Standard questions re experience, previous employers, goals etc   Answer Question

Wasn't convinced this was a good place to work

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verifone in July 2016.

Interview

There were multiple interviews including one on the phone with the recruiter, then hiring manager, and in person with multiple staff members in various departments. A final phone interview was conducted once they narrowed it down. The recruiter and staff were very responsive and a pleasure to work with, following up with the next steps as promised in the selection process. Many of the staff liked the environment and current management.

Interview Questions

• Typical of interviews, nothing out of the ordinary. Research company and be prepared to give your experience to what they are looking for. One of the better and more friendly interview formats.   Answer Question

Negotiation

OFFER TBD

SSR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verifone.

Interview

Was interviewed over the phone and via Facetime. Was not told in advance that Facetime would be utilized.Everything was done over the phone, since I was located out of state.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the usual questions. Interview was not difficult. I was prepared with my own Q and A. . Very easy going.   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verifone (Long Island City, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The in person interview followed a fairly nasty phone screen where I got an attitude from the HR person claiming she "hates" talking to people who haven't checked the company out. As an HR representative I kind of thought that was part of her job, but whatever. Bad tone pretty much kicked off an interview I knew would be a disaster.

I get to the offices and an eastern european women first greets me. After a few questions she basically kept giving me dirty looks with a tone of "are you just an idiot or something?" After 10 minutes I really just wanted to leave.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with (insert any sort of technology here)   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verifone (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied to Verifone through their company website. Approximately 10 days later I received a phone call and an interview was scheduled. The initial interview/screening process was conducted via phone, followed by a Facetime interview shortly afterwards. The entire process was rather easy compared to other interviewing processes I have undergone over the years.

Interview Questions

• I was asked,"Why is there a ten-month gap in your work history?"   1 Answer