Volt Information Sciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Volt Information Sciences

2.4

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Austin, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

I was actually contacted by the actual company that was using Volt. I had one interview on the phone and one in person. Each lasted around an hour and I interviewed with 4 people total. When it came to the negotiation process, it was smooth and I got basically what I wanted.

Interview Questions

• How would you utilized social media to effectively recruit for our company?   Answer Question

Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Moline, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (East Moline, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

Spent an hour a a coffee shop with a panel of three interviewers with an open conversation about the position and what is expected of me in the position. One of the most if not the most comfortable interviews i have ever had.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Keywording   1 Answer

Negotiation

As a Volt Temp employee there was nothing i could negotiate.

Lead Generator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

It was a group interview. I think they were checking to make sure we were breathing. As a lead generator or call center rep - they want to know that you understand what the day will look like i.e. you will sit at a desk all day to make your numbers. They want to know that you can follow a script and not sound like it. They want to know that you understand there will be quotas to meet.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with telephone outreach...   1 Answer

Clerical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences.

Interview

Very unprofessional. Seems like everyone has a hit or miss experience with these kinds of recruiting companies. I had a recruiter contact me about a position and an interview was set up same week. I went, answered a few questions about my resume, and then filled out an application for the job. I never heard back from the recruiter again other than me asking for an update. She made it sound like I was qualified and that there was room for me to grow in the role. Not even a courtesy email updating me or apologizing that the employer was “not communicating with her.” Even if that was true, that doesn’t mean you should not communicate with me either. It left a bad taste in my mouth and I’m never going through an agency like this again. She didn’t take my job searching seriously and had not issues with wasting my time. Thankfully, I’ve found a job since then and I don’t have to deal with this agency.

Interview Questions

• Briefly went over my resume and asked me a bit about myself. Went over pay and their “benefits.”
      Disclosed the company and the actual job title.   Answer Question

Web Developer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Redmond, WA) in January 2010.

Interview

Submit resume to recruiter, manager selects you, interview, get the job ... or not

Interview Questions

• Write a function that accepts an integer, and returns whether the number is a prime.   1 Answer
    • Given a jpg layout, write as much code as you possibly can to reproduce the layout.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Recruiter has an offer. Reject it, ask for more ... always!!!

IT Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone and were basic to intermediate level (based on position) questions. I was then called in for a face-to-face interview in which I was interviewed by the manager of one of the groups, and 2 other managers that I would be dealing with if I was hired for the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much negotiation....I asked for the number I was asking and they met it.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (San Diego, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

You walk in to interview with manager and tech lead in lrage conference room. There is no tour of work environment or meeting coworkers. They tell you what you will be doing but you have no idea of what your in for until your first day. Everything is third rate from the desks where you work to the chairs in which you sit. They give you a very rudimentary setup to begin work. They say they'll train you but they don't everything... and I mean everything is hit or miss there. It is simply a miracle that they are in business as long as they are.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging experience in IT?
      What was your most difficult situation?, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating. I was desperate for work at the time I was looking for a good place to begin setting roots as a permanent employee where I could make a difference. This place is about as receptive to rooting as a craggy outcrop of rocks. It is not conducive to a healthy employment.

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Winter Park, FL) in May 2009.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by in-person interview and shadowing for 1/2 day.

Branch Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Woburn, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

Interview process was brief. Basic questions regarding past experience and ability to support other offices and travel. They had recently lost their Branch Admin unexpectedly, so they were looking to fill the position immediately; their interview process reflected their desperation. The focus was more on how quickly I could start and how quickly I could be trained.

Interview Questions

• Ability to support other branches in the region and travel to support them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really much room for negotiation, I was clear up front what I expected and they did their best to meet it. They fell short, but I needed to secure a job before I moved, so I had to take it.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

Very long process with multiple people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Took a long time