Volt Information Sciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Volt Information Sciences Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2018

2.4

Clerical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences.

Interview

Very unprofessional. Seems like everyone has a hit or miss experience with these kinds of recruiting companies. I had a recruiter contact me about a position and an interview was set up same week. I went, answered a few questions about my resume, and then filled out an application for the job. I never heard back from the recruiter again other than me asking for an update. She made it sound like I was qualified and that there was room for me to grow in the role. Not even a courtesy email updating me or apologizing that the employer was “not communicating with her.” Even if that was true, that doesn’t mean you should not communicate with me either. It left a bad taste in my mouth and I’m never going through an agency like this again. She didn’t take my job searching seriously and had not issues with wasting my time. Thankfully, I’ve found a job since then and I don’t have to deal with this agency.

Interview Questions

• Briefly went over my resume and asked me a bit about myself. Went over pay and their “benefits.”
      Disclosed the company and the actual job title.   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Fresno, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Extremely convenient interview schedule.
    They have drop ins Monday thru Friday which made it very convenient for someone with a busy or unpredictable day.

The recruiter was friendly and welcoming. Same as was the front desk coordinator.

Warehouse Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Kent, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

I thought the interview went extremely well it was very informative they were very receptive and encouraging about the company that I represent and the skills that I have currently they are also willing to walk me through the entire Warehouse to get me familiar with the concepts and they're working environment and the team seem to be very upbeat and receptive to having a new member with the same type of Drive to to join the team! I'm just waiting for the follow-up interview and I will be a very extremely excited about this new opportunity!

Interview Questions

• Consistency in attention to detail and also punctuality   1 Answer

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied through indeed.com, them a recruiter contacted me and said she wanted to discuss more information, then we set up an appointment. However, I don't get a call, and I tried to call her but failed.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Kenosha, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

they make you take a test then schedule for for drug test. They give you a tour of the company and tell you the rules. You wont have you id card for about a month even though they tell you two to three weeks. They then link you up with a employee thats been there a while for a sucky training. Then blame you if anything goes wrong

Interview Questions

• Can you lift over 50 pounds   1 Answer

Data Entry/Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences.

Interview

I received a VM from a recruiter who sounded so upbeat and interested in talking to me about a position. When I called back, he sounded monotone as if he was bored and didn't feel like speaking to me. He just rattled off a list of the job's details and asked me a couple of questions, but didn't ask me to come in to interview or offer to send me any skills assessment testing. He asked if I was interested in the position, I said yes, he said he would forward my resume and get back to me.

A week later he calls me and acts as if he'd never discussed the position with me and talked about it again. The position required certain advanced Excel skills that he didn't bother to mention were necessary to do the job, as I found out later on. He asked what my skill level is and I replied intermediate. He sent an assessment test that didn't include the Excel functions/skills the employer was looking for.

Long story short, I wasted my time having to do a face-to-face and a phone interview (in that order) with two people. It was obvious by the questions I was asked during both interviews regarding the necessary skills/experience needed to perform the job, I wasn't the right candidate. The recruiter mislead the employer about my Excel test assessment and mislead me about what the true job functions were. Also, communication is a joke when you're trying to reach them or when it comes to them providing you with information or following up on what they say they're going to do. AVOID!!!

Interview Questions

• What is your skill level with Excel   1 Answer

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Las Cruces, NM) in December 2016.

Interview

First a test is given to prove computer and listening skills, then first interview. If accepted, second interview basically offers the job and hours you prefer. You are interviewed by 3 people, all separately.

Interview Questions

• History of computer usage, how comfortable you are answering call after call, and a couple of questions regarding phone technology.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences.

Interview

There was a very short telephone interview. Following the telephone interview a face to face interview was scheduled with 2 employees of the company. It was a very informal interview with not a lot of questions regarding the actual on-site position. It consisted of very generic interview questions that could be answered easily if you have any sort of background in interviewing. Follow-up was very quick and they were great about staying in touch each step of the way.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was about conflict in the workplace. What your strengths and weaknesses were, etc.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly short. The manager interviewed me one afternoon and on the spot asked me to return for another interview the following day. During this process he stated that he knew he was going to hire me the moment that he met me.

Interview Questions

• Manager asked very few questions. The interview was more conversational. Manager asked a few questions about resume and experience. The remainder of the interview was about the market challenges and problems in the company.   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Initial interview with recruiter to review resume and assess skills. Second interview with clients may include a phone screen prior to an in person on site meeting with one or more members of project teams. Once accepted/request ed by client, a drug test and background check must be performed for each contract you win.

Interview Questions

• What is your working style? How do you start a new project?   Answer Question