Volt Information Sciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.4

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied through indeed.com, them a recruiter contacted me and said she wanted to discuss more information, then we set up an appointment. However, I don't get a call, and I tried to call her but failed.

Data Entry/Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences.

Interview

I received a VM from a recruiter who sounded so upbeat and interested in talking to me about a position. When I called back, he sounded monotone as if he was bored and didn't feel like speaking to me. He just rattled off a list of the job's details and asked me a couple of questions, but didn't ask me to come in to interview or offer to send me any skills assessment testing. He asked if I was interested in the position, I said yes, he said he would forward my resume and get back to me.

A week later he calls me and acts as if he'd never discussed the position with me and talked about it again. The position required certain advanced Excel skills that he didn't bother to mention were necessary to do the job, as I found out later on. He asked what my skill level is and I replied intermediate. He sent an assessment test that didn't include the Excel functions/skills the employer was looking for.

Long story short, I wasted my time having to do a face-to-face and a phone interview (in that order) with two people. It was obvious by the questions I was asked during both interviews regarding the necessary skills/experience needed to perform the job, I wasn't the right candidate. The recruiter mislead the employer about my Excel test assessment and mislead me about what the true job functions were. Also, communication is a joke when you're trying to reach them or when it comes to them providing you with information or following up on what they say they're going to do. AVOID!!!

Interview Questions

• What is your skill level with Excel   1 Answer

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Las Cruces, NM) in December 2016.

Interview

First a test is given to prove computer and listening skills, then first interview. If accepted, second interview basically offers the job and hours you prefer. You are interviewed by 3 people, all separately.

Interview Questions

• History of computer usage, how comfortable you are answering call after call, and a couple of questions regarding phone technology.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences.

Interview

There was a very short telephone interview. Following the telephone interview a face to face interview was scheduled with 2 employees of the company. It was a very informal interview with not a lot of questions regarding the actual on-site position. It consisted of very generic interview questions that could be answered easily if you have any sort of background in interviewing. Follow-up was very quick and they were great about staying in touch each step of the way.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was about conflict in the workplace. What your strengths and weaknesses were, etc.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly short. The manager interviewed me one afternoon and on the spot asked me to return for another interview the following day. During this process he stated that he knew he was going to hire me the moment that he met me.

Interview Questions

• Manager asked very few questions. The interview was more conversational. Manager asked a few questions about resume and experience. The remainder of the interview was about the market challenges and problems in the company.   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Initial interview with recruiter to review resume and assess skills. Second interview with clients may include a phone screen prior to an in person on site meeting with one or more members of project teams. Once accepted/request ed by client, a drug test and background check must be performed for each contract you win.

Interview Questions

• What is your working style? How do you start a new project?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process was easy, talked to recruiter and talked to the VP. I did not hear back from the hiring manager but their recruiter asked me to fill out papers, called my references and said everything was a go. A week went by and she called me. She had been laid off after 18 years of service with zero advance notice and the VP that I interviewed with was let go to, he got one month advanced notice. Stay away from this company, they brought in a hatched man and paid him millions to lay off a large part of the population.

Interview Questions

• Do you recognize the output of this graph?   1 Answer

AT&T Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Tempe, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

They ask you to talk about yourself and why you wish to join the team. Then it's more of socializing trying to make you feel great and being your best friend just so you can join the team. Even after you say no, they thrive to hire you even with 0 experience in tech support.

Cable Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the overall project manager and we discussed my experience as well as the pay expected. Also discussed were the "perks" that never seemed to come about. I was hired over-the-phone without a face-to-face. Which is not surprising as the job was to have been nationwide.

Interview Questions

• How long had I been in the cable industry as an installer.   1 Answer

EHS Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences in June 2016.

Interview

Phone with Volt and onsite with contractor. formal attire in an Informal setting at the manufacturing facility. Interviewers were very pleasant to work with. Response or follow up after interview was very prompt.

Interview Questions

• Why I'm looking for a job, previous challenges and future outlook for the industry.   Answer Question