WebMD Health Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WebMD Health (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call for a phone interview that lasted about 20-40 minutes, and it was easy. Received an email 2 or 3 weeks later requesting an in-person meeting. I went to their office downtown and had two separate 1 hour+ interview sessions in a board room with groups of developers. They asked questions incessantly and it was a full-blown grilling, more or less. I was completely exhausted after having to explain all of this different convoluted experience as a technologist. They grilled me with specific commands I'd use down to the single character and did the whole shtick of asking you a question, then telling you you're right, but really wrong because there's a better way to do it (Surprise! It's their way). Typical stuff. Afterwards there was an "informal" water cooler meeting with HR guy, where I was basically about to pass out. He said, "You were in there for a while!" and asked me "how it went." I should've known it wasn't going to work out and it didn't, although one of the teams I got along very well with. The other team hammered me into the ground with a lack of familiarity on very specific parts of their stack and their personal experience. I never received an offer and I never even received a reply via email afterwards, kind of lame. I could sense the dynamic was a little bit weird in the more technical of the group interviews, and they employees seemed to not really click with each other that well. Some team members just sort of sat there in silence during the meeting, which is a sign they are miserable. Still, the office was really cool and I wanted the job. Yet, no offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience at past company with writing an API?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for WebMD Health

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WebMD Health (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Applied and got a call within 4 days. Set up a date/time for phone interview. Phone interview went ok (I guess you can't really do much in a phone interview for a senior technical position). Got called for a in-person interview. Was surprised to find a computer based skills test had to be taken. But I was a good fit for the position and was working on the technology platform almost everyday in my previous position. I got a call a week later informing me that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• The director basically explained me their software architecture and the problems they faced. Then asked me to come up with a better way of solving the issue. It was tough because they are in a unique market totally unlike others I have worked with.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was not too tense. I got offered more than I anticipated, so I have nothing bad to say here.