WebMD Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WebMD Health Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.6

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WebMD Health.

Interview

Hiring manager was almost 10 minutes late - no apology - her tone was rude as if I kept her waiting. No response to my follow up email. I would say if this is how you treat people at an interview its indicative of a miserable culture after you arrive

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WebMD Health.

Interview

Multiple calls, some casual, some in a panel setting over the phone. People were very friendly. Interviews lasted from 30 mins to an hour. I felt very comfortable during most of the process, despite typical nerves.

Interview Questions

• What criticism have you received and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Tableau Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WebMD Health (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I received an email from recruiter to have phone interview with hiring manager. Hiring manager seemed very stern on phone and was to the point. I was selected for face to face round for 3 hours interview in New York. Interview went good but I was told by HR that they couldn't proceed further as they couldn't take anyone since I was on OPT EAD.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WebMD Health (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The process consists of three sessions with each lasts about 45 minutes for technical questions about your fundamental computer science and your previous experience. It started at noon and continued through 3 pm in the afternoon. Each session is 1 on 1 based.

Interview Questions

• Can you construct a new object with an autowired field in it?   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WebMD Health.

Interview

- Several rounds of interviews with several weeks in between
    - Interviews canceled and rescheduled at the last minute
    - Very unprofessional recruiters (to the extent of being rude)
    I would advise you to look at their openings and see how long they have been open. Some were open for more than a year, and they are probably bringing you in to get information rather than fill the position

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WebMD Health (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call for a phone interview that lasted about 20-40 minutes, and it was easy. Received an email 2 or 3 weeks later requesting an in-person meeting. I went to their office downtown and had two separate 1 hour+ interview sessions in a board room with groups of developers. They asked questions incessantly and it was a full-blown grilling, more or less. I was completely exhausted after having to explain all of this different convoluted experience as a technologist. They grilled me with specific commands I'd use down to the single character and did the whole shtick of asking you a question, then telling you you're right, but really wrong because there's a better way to do it (Surprise! It's their way). Typical stuff. Afterwards there was an "informal" water cooler meeting with HR guy, where I was basically about to pass out. He said, "You were in there for a while!" and asked me "how it went." I should've known it wasn't going to work out and it didn't, although one of the teams I got along very well with. The other team hammered me into the ground with a lack of familiarity on very specific parts of their stack and their personal experience. I never received an offer and I never even received a reply via email afterwards, kind of lame. I could sense the dynamic was a little bit weird in the more technical of the group interviews, and they employees seemed to not really click with each other that well. Some team members just sort of sat there in silence during the meeting, which is a sign they are miserable. Still, the office was really cool and I wanted the job. Yet, no offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience at past company with writing an API?   Answer Question

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WebMD Health (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I contacted WebMD after learning of a copy editor opening on LinkedIn. I was brought in for an interview and editing test, and within a few days I was hired for a contract position.

Interview Questions

• How would I resolve an issue with a contract writer's work, knowing that I had no direct contact with the writer.   1 Answer

Program Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WebMD Health (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was working with a recruiter who set up my interview with WebMD/Medscape. Initially there was a phone screen with the hiring manager to go over my background and skill set. The questions asked were not really out of the ordinary - pretty standard. After this, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview a few days later and met with two members of their staff. Once again, not overly difficult. They were pretty straight forward and not looking to throw in trick questions or crazy "what if" scenarios. All in all, it was a very positive experience. Unfortunately, my recruiter advised that while I was the candidate they were looking to hire, the position had been cancelled due to budget concerns. Wish they knew that before deciding to go through the interview process! Oh well.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience working in Excel translate in to what we are looking for in this position?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WebMD Health (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone call followed by in person with three team members. Quick wireframe sketch session where I was asked how I would create a workflow for a product. Relatively easy interview.

Interview Questions

• For product roles you should be prepared to sketch a workflow if you are a product manager for frontside products.   Answer Question

Director Strategic Accounts Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WebMD Health.

Interview

Interviewed initially through an external recruiter. After that had good interviews with the SVP and two VPs. The In-House recruiter called my references and then I received a verbal offer. Approximately one week later the offer was rescinded and I was given no reason. My references were excellent so I'm unclear as to why the sudden disinterest. Horribly unprofessional and a waste of time and valuable references. Advice: Get your offer in writing prior to providing references. Although they can still pull it it shows that they are more invested.