Western Governors University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Governors University Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Governors University in April 2017.

Interview

Interview with HR for screening, basically was explained the job, travel requirements, salary, etc. 2nd interview requested next morning with program manager. Interviewed via adobe connect with him and another program manager. References requested at the end of that day. Offer two days later!

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

2 interviews, both via Adobe Connect. Called for 1st interview. Interviewed with Talent Recruiter. She asked basic questions about the position, school and why I was qualified. Then called on the same day for second interview. 2nd interview was with 2 Program Managers. More detailed interview with each asking questions about how I would fit into position.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      What are your strengths/weaknesses
      How would you handle motivating a student with 3 kids and a 1 hour commute
      Answer Question

Math Center Mentor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Remote, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position and about a week later I received an email stating that I would need to set up a time for an interview via Adobe Connect with a HR recruiter, who was very polite. He asked about my background and things on my resume. Asked me a few questions about why this position would be a good fit for me. I think that this interview went well. He said that I would be contacted within a week. I'm feeling very good about this interview. We will see what the next seven days will bring.

Student Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Screening phone call, then a skype face to face with an hr rep, next a skype face to face with a senior manager. Everyone I spoke to was very nice and engaged. No "tricky" questions. Was asked about relevant situations. Had a good feel of the culture after the interview. Process moved quickly from submitting application, scheduling all the interviews, then the offer. Was overall one of the best interview experiences I've had

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've used critical conversation skills   Answer Question

Online Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Skype interview with hiring manager as screen, then skype interview with 2 directors. They were very nice. Glassdoor was very helpful because I saw that other employees were not happy about having their phones monitored. When I asked about this, they did not deny they monitor online faculty phone calls. I could not believe that a doctorally prepared professor employee would not be trusted. I had to decline this extremely unprofessional behavior by an employer. Happy to say I have found another university which would never monitor phones. Thanks Glassdoor!!!!!!!!!

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Western Governors University in March 2017.

Interview

I had an initial contact by phone. The lady was nice and she just went over the position and asked if I wanted to pursue with my application. She scheduled me for a face to face. Two managers interviewed me and they were nice too.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle talking to a student about certain policy they don't agree with ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't they actually offered me a little more than what they said initially. Overall it was a good experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

The initial interview went great. The interview was completed through Adobe Connect and was with a Talent Acquisition person. She was very positive and I made me feel confident. She even made some suggestions to help me prep for the second interview, including typical questions. In hindsight, I think that this actually worked against me because I didn't prep as well as I normally would have and the questions she gave me were never even brought up. The day after my interview I received a link to some online forms they needed me to fill out including my references, then the next day I received an invitation for a 2nd interview, which was a panel interview with three people. The second interview did not go nearly as well. The 3 on 1 approach was a little intimidating and one of the interviewers even made a snarky comment about my personality and that flustered me even more and I found myself getting off-track. I felt as if I weren't answering their questions the way they wanted because they kept repeating them in a different way, which I know is not a good sign. After a week I received the form email stating "We have interviewed a high number of qualified candidates and our decision was very difficult. Regretfully, after careful consideration, we are moving forward with other candidates that more closely meet our qualifications". I have several years experience teaching online courses so I feel it was more personal than based on my qualifications, but I understand how that works in business. I also know that the first interviewer told me that they aren't actually looking for people to "teach", instead it is more of an advisory position. I would like to believe that perhaps my desire to teach was too strong.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Three interviews and an offer letter. First interview recruiter, second interview program manager, final interview HR with an offer. It was a little confusing. Was not sure what position I would be hired for at the end

Interview Questions

• What do you know about WGU? Do you like working with students? How will you support students taking all their courses online? Have you ever taught online? Do your students like you?   Answer Question

Financial Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

After applying and submitting my resume, I was called by the WGU recruiter for an on-the-spot phone interview where he asked about my strengths and went over the details of the job.
    After that, we set up a face to face interview with the supervisors of the department. They asked a lot about my experience in customer service and then had me write a fake email on how I would respond to a student asking about Financial Aid.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation with a customer that you solved.   1 Answer

HRBP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Tempe, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was sent a canned screening invitation a week later. I made an error on the request and emailed the sender, with no response. I was able to use the same invitation to schedule a later screen.

The phone screen lasted about 30 minutes with the recruiter. He had said the hiring manager wanted to know more about me. At the end I was told he'd submit my information to the manager who I should expect to review it in two to three days. It's been two weeks and no response. No response from the recruiter to my follow-up either.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience working with compensation plans.   Answer Question