KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Western Governors University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 350 of over 350 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Western Governors University

Western Governors University

Application

I interviewed at Western Governors University

Interview

Interview was fine however no feedback from hiring manager or HR. Looks like they keep adding more jobs on their website. Not sure if this legit company. The same jobs advertising every day on LinkedIn.

Interview Questions
  • They ask questions regarding haddop
    Answer Question

Western Governors University

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University

Interview

The interview process was pleasant and fairly quick! I had an initial interview with HR, followed by two interviews with different sets of people. It all happened within two weeks.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Western Governors University

Join the conversation on

Asset / Investment Management

1y

an

Operations Associate

I work in a Rep Services Call Center for an Insurance/ Investment Company. Currently I'm pursuing my MBA at Western Governors University and I plan to get my Series 7 after my MBA so I can get out of the Call Center and advance my career. I'm looking for some advice / guidance/ideas for growth opportunities from here. I'd like to hear about good experiences and bad experiences people have had in this industry, where did you start, how did you grow from there, what licenses do you have, ect.

1 Comment

Join the conversation on

Western Governors University

Application

I interviewed at Western Governors University

Interview

I had to complete a task to get to the interview process. Next, I went through several phone conferences and team/zoom meetings. Then no communication. I had to follow up with them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Western Governors University

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Western Governors University

Interview

I'm not sure when I applied, but from when they reached out for an interview to accepting an offer was about 2 months. 1 month after the screening interview, I had my second interview. I had 4 interviews total. My initial interview with the HR person was very informational and I just enjoyed talking with him. His first question was "What questions do you have for me?" This interview was recorded and sent to the supervisor of this position. We had a good talk but since most of the "hard" questions were asked in the initial interview it felt like the rest of the interviews were pretty casual. I did pull up my portfolio in the 2nd interview and we talked a bit about my work. All of the interviews were conducted remotely for this job. All-in-all a GREAT interview experience!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Western Governors University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University in Jun 2022

Interview

I was apprehensive about interviewing for the position. Honestly because of my extensive Cyber background I thought I was too experienced for the position. Most with my background can walk into a position for easily $120k a year. This job requires a master's degree, Cyber/IT experiences but Caps at $60k lol. Honestly the job is more suitable for a HR person with some form of college education background. I don't know not one IT/Cyber person who would accept that amount of money per year. I work full time and the position is fully time, so I am not a good fit. But this school is really unrealistic in keeping employees who will love what they do and enjoy the money. Oh, and they require you to add 10 hours onto your 40 hours and be available for to students after 5pm. No work life balance nor compensation.

Interview Questions
  • Star method questions research star interview that grades behavior answers.
1 person found this interview helpful

Western Governors University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University in May 2022

Interview

Spent almost 7 weeks in interviews, including a 90-minute tag team where I had to present for the first 15-20 minutes. This was supposedly to make it easier for them to come to a decision — five days later they told me they were not ready to make a decision, so I should accept the offer I’d received for a different company. Recruiters VERY disorganized.

Interview Questions
  • Give a 15-20 minute presentation on a product you have worked on, or in the form of a pitch for something new
4 people found this interview helpful

Western Governors University

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Governors University

Interview

The interview process is typical as I find that most organizations do not understand the value offering of an individual. Having performed the role of Marketing Professor with another university in 14 online Higher Ed courses, I would unequivocally be fully able to dupicate the skill set.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a particular role that is directly transferrable to the Program Mentor role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in Apr 2022

Interview

Step 1: Phone interview with a recruiter. I loved this interview; it felt more like a conversation, and I clicked with the recruiter. At the end of the conversation, I was told that I was going to progress to the next stage. I needed to have a link to a portfolio. I was very impressed by and it was respectable that the recruiter was 100% transparent about the salary range for the position! $85-99k. Step 2: 1:1 interview with the Director via MS Teams. This interview was the polar opposite of the first. Stuffy, awkward, and somewhat intimidating. The interviewer was nice enough, but I gained the perspective immediately that he was not looking for someone like me. It didn't help his camera shook and wobbled the entire time. When I referenced my portfolio, I felt he never looked at it. He never asked anything about my design experience or projects I completed.

Interview Questions
  • Experience or knowledge of competency-based education. Tell me about your yourself Where do you see the future of instructional design? What are we doing wrong in education? How do you work with cross-functional teams? How do you get the attention from busy members of other teams?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (New York, NY) in Apr 2022

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter - an interview was set up. I was not given any idea as to who I would be meeting. Interview ended up being with 3 different managers - who each needed a analyst on their team. From there I was asked to submit some work product. I went above and gave them a variety of items. I then met with their senior manager. Asked about next steps was told that I should know one way or the other by the end of the week. Was ghosted, with no follow-up or communication. They didn't even update their career site on workday.

Interview Questions
  • On a scale of 1 - 10, how would you rate your love of chaos. Such as 1 your day is consistent, you know what you are doing and can plan. 10 being nothing is the same everyday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Overland, MO) in Apr 2022

Interview

Straight forward process with two interviews. The first was with HR to verify my qualifications. The second was with team lead/manager. Both people were fantastic and I really enjoyed our conversations. Unfortunately, WGU ghosted me.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to give someone bad news and how you approach that? (I’m paraphrasing).
Viewing 1 - 10 of 350 Interviews

Western Governors University Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Western Governors University as 53.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.67 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Student Mentor and Student Mentor - Faculty rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Course Mentor and Program Mentor roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Western Governors University takes an average of 28 days when considering 395 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Enrollment Counselor had the quickest hiring process (on average 21 days), whereas Course Mentor roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 29 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Western Governors University according to 395 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 35.65%