Western Governors University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 321 of over 321 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Western Governors University

Featured Interview

Western Governors University

Application

I interviewed at Western Governors University

Interview

Was fairly quick and easy, had a phone interview and one in person with two supervisors. I received an offer about a week later and I started quickly after that

Interview Questions
  • They explained to me a problem and asked me to troubleshoot it using a computer they had brought to the interview where they intentionally broke it for me to fix to demonstrate my skills
    1 Answer

Western Governors University

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University

Interview

The process was pretty standard for a virtual position, (phone screen, followed by two rounds of virtual interviewing) but one of the interviews was conducted with video on my end, but not the interviewer's. I forget her reasoning, but if you aren't able to appear on video as well, either switch it to a phone interview or reschedule.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Western Governors University

Application

I interviewed at Western Governors University

Interview

I had a phone interview first and then 3 weeks later I had a webcam interview. The interview wasn't hard but it took well over a month to find out I did not get it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Western Governors University

Application

I interviewed at Western Governors University

Interview

It was very lengthy, but the actual interviews were great. Friendly people, easy process. Only negative was the overall timeline of events. Took about a month from first contact to receiving an offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Chicago, IL) in Jun 2021

Interview

Three rounds of interviews were held. The first was with Human Resources, then the Instructional Design manager, then the Senior Manager. Each interview was about an hour. Pretty straight forward process. People were nice

Interview Questions
  • Describe an experience with challenging SME. What interests you about the role? Why do you want to leave your current position? What are your strengths? What are your future goal?

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Austin, TX) in Jun 2021

Interview

My process consisted of two interviews. A phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes (although typically they are 20-30 minutes) with a Recruiting Partner and a second video interview with a hiring manager which lasted about 30 minutes and ended with a job offer.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know of WGU's competency based education system? What did you do in a work situation where you and a coworker had a disagreement? Tell us a bit about yourself Tell us about your experience with WGU How would you break some bad news to a student that your have been assisting? How have you handled difficult changes in your past positions?

Western Governors University

Application

I interviewed at Western Governors University

Interview

A very negative process. Got an email from a recruiter to schedule an initial phone interview then before even getting a chance to have that interview, I received an automated rejection email in 2 days. Reached out to the recruiter about it and she was very unresponsive until she finally replied and said the position has been filled. Not sure what kind of practice you guys are employing during your hiring process to reach out to someone to schedule an interview and send an automated rejection email in 2 days without even doing the interview. I probably won't pursue any opportunities with your organization in the future. Please be mindful of applicants' time.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Western Governors University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University

Interview

It was a phone interview which is not always preferred but the talent acquisition specialist was nice. She explained the details about the position, asked a few questions, then explained the benefits of working for WGU. After that it was question time for me.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a conversation in which you were offered constructive advice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Atlanta, GA) in May 2021

Interview

I received one phone interview with a talent agent and one skype interview with hiring manager one hour process each. Second interview was a conversational back ground discussion in which I believed I did well but did not make it to the third panel interview.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle complex work initiatives?

Western Governors University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University

Interview

The interview consisted of a 30 minute video call interview with the team manager then once passed to the second round of interviews, a 30 minute video call interview with the senior manager. Both interviews had very similar behavior based questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Western Governors University

Application

I interviewed at Western Governors University

Interview

Interview was disorganized. Panel of 3 interviewers asked questions that were not effective at understanding my background or experience. Questions were specific to themselves. They also seemed standoffish and cold. Did not get a good vibe or a friendly tone from anyone. I opted to not have second interview. They also wanted me to sign a non-compete clause and do no outside work of any kind. Really? Not support my family with outside work? Silly. No thanks.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 321 Interviews