Western Governors University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Governors University Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Governors University

2.6

Evaluator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Governors University.

Interview

The process took 1 week. After applying I was sent a request to interview with an HR rep and after confirming, I was sent a request to complete a writing sample. After that I had an interview with an HR rep first, and was asked a few questions about my experience and why I wanted to work at WGU. After that interview I was told that I would be contacted by the hiring manager, and I was. That interview was a couple of days later and was more behavioral questions. After that interview I was sent another homework assignment for the interview. The next day I was offered the job.

Evaluator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Governors University in May 2020.

Interview

The process took 1 week. I was contacted by a rep from HR requesting an interview. After accepting I was sent a writing sample to complete. After the 1:1 interview with that rep, the hiring manager contacted me requesting an interview. After that interview I was sent another email with homework to complete. After that was reviewed I was offered the position. Great experience. Very friendly employees.

Program Mentor Interview

Application

Interview

The interview was conducted remotely, which made sense for a remote position. It lasted about 45 minutes and most of the questions were pretty standard. For the situational questions, though, they did want them answered in a very specific way. I think it was situation/action/outcome or something like that and it felt like they wanted a formulaic answer. That was strange to adjust to and reminded me of how they grade you as a student, where your content could be fine but it needed to start with “the situation was...” or else it was “wrong.” That felt really unnatural but otherwise it was fine.

Program Mentor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University.

Interview

Common interview questions were asked, it was a face to face meeting, salary of 51,000/annually, travel once per year about 5 days in October, home office required, and we discussed the equipment the university supplies

IT Service Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Millcreek, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Millcreek, UT) in March 2020.

Interview

The process took about 1-2 weeks. There was a preliminary phone interview just going over experience and the details of the job. Also, questions regarding handling challenging experiences. (HR type questions). Then there was an in-person interview with the IT team and it was more technical in questions but pretty simple if you have an A+ cert you'll do fine. For sure be okay with customer service stuff and be passionate about computers.

Interview Questions

• What is DNS in laymen's terms?   1 Answer
    • What is DHCP in laymen's terms?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2020.

Interview

The first call was with a recruiter who then passed my information off to a director within the department. Within a day I had a call to set up a phone call with the director, who by the end of the call had already stayed they wanted me to come in and interview face to face. That's when things slowed down a bit. It took three days before I heard back to schedule the face to face interviews. The interviews went well. A bit unorganized or a lack of communication as to who was planning on being in the interviews, but overall they went well. Things after that slowed down dramatically. I was told a decision was to be made the beginning the following week. That Monday came and went. By midweek I reached out, but didn't get a reply back for a couple more days and I again was they had interest in me still, but were conducting more interviews and it would be the beginning of next week, but also makes me for my references. The next day a director in the department emailed asking if I would supply references. Apparently the recruiter hadn't let the director know I had already supplied them. The beginning of the following week comes and goes and reach out again. Several days pass until I get a reply on a Saturday that they are still interested and a decision would be made by the end of the week to come, but that there were a couple other departments hiring Executive Assistants as well and would I like my information forwarded on the the respective recruiters. Mid day of the end of the following week I get a generic email, not even from the recruiter I had worked with, but stamped the talent advisors, stating they were going with another candidate. The whole process took just over a month and I have yet to hear from any other recruiters from other departments.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I was contacted directly by a WGU internal recruiter through LinkedIn (I did not apply). The message was very polite and complimentary, stating that I sounded like a good fit, with an invitation to connect by phone to learn more about their opportunities. I scheduled a phone call time with the recruiter so I could learn more about their multiple opportunities. Their recruiter then kept me on the call 40 minutes and seemed to be giving me a formal interview that I was completely unprepared for. I was promised a follow up email to which I could respond with my resume. That email never came - I followed up with the recruiter myself through an email to which she never resodded. A couple of weeks later, I got a message through Linkedin that they had decided to go with other candidates. In retrospect, I feel that the recruiter simply wanted to learn inside information about the company where I currently work. She was VERY interested and asked several questions about my workplace, I am left questioning the whole experience and the true intentions of their internal recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your employer   1 Answer

Loud Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University in January 2020.

Interview

Introductory call then calls with the manager and then a panel interview with the team. Overall interview is around 3-4 hrs including the intro and rest of the interview process.

Social Media Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University.

Interview

Did not have an interview even though it was scheduled a more than a week prior to the date and time chosen by me. Instead, the recruiter cancels an interview 6 minutes before it was scheduled as a candidate was already chosen despite other candidates being in different parts of the interview process.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Millcreek, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Millcreek, UT) in December 2019.

Interview

The interviewing process was pretty fast. It began with a phone interview. Once, I passed the phone interview, I interviewed with two senior managers on Campus. Once, that was completed I waited for a response. One manager called the following date, and explained the results of my interview, and provided me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to tell someone no.   1 Answer