WillowTree Software Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WillowTree Software Test Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at WillowTree

3.6

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WillowTree in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via Jobvite for a video interview that I could record anytime through the website and I was given a due date to do so. It was a very new process to me but wasn't as bad as I thought. There are roughly 9 or 10 questions related to the position and I was given about a minute or two to read the question and think of an answer before the program starts recording your answer (roughly 1 or 2 minute to answer as well).
Then I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview to go over my background and why I'm looking to join the team. I thought it went very well and it was aligned with my vision for my next job.
The recruiter then contacted me again for another phone interview with one of the team members, they had a list of questions to go over and I just answered each question. I thought it went pretty well, they didn't seem to give feedback good or bad. It was a neutral reaction.

Lastly, the recruiter asked to set me up with a video conference interview with a QA member, developer and the recruiter. The interview was "ok", it seemed like it didn't have a good structure. Some personal questions, some questions about why I'd like to join the company. The interview then focused mainly on coding in Java which wasn't a requirement for this position but I found out while talking to recruiter that they're mainly looking for someone with good programming experience to start their automation suite which I thought was very unfair to reveal that during the last interview since most of our talks were manual testing which I had a great deal of experience in. One of the interviewer didn't show up until the last 2 or 5 minutes of the interview and they were a key element for this interview since they had the same title I'm applying for.

Overall, I think the experience started out very well and ended sourly. Not just because I wasn't offered the position, but I wasn't even considered to continue because I lack programming experience even though the job isn't called "Test Automation" or even require programming skills.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for WillowTree

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WillowTree (Durham, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

I was contacted through an email to complete a video interview.It was quite different but easy.Then I was asked to attend a phone interview with the HR for 30 mins.#rd round of interview with a test engineer for 30 mins.HR is very friendly,I applied for charlottesville,VA.But the same position was open in Durham,NC which was my preferred location,So the HR did follow up with the Recruiter in Durham and continued my hiring process.Then I was asked to come for face to face in durham office.Initially I had a quick office tour which is very impressive.Then I had a panel interview with a developer ,Test engineer and HR.I was asked some questions like tell me about yourself,My past work exp etc.,Then I was given a Manual mobile testing exercise and a UI automation exercise.It went pretty good.Then I had a chance to ask few questions if I have any before finishing the interview.After 2 days I Received an email saying that I have to gain more experience and come back.Their requirement in the job detail and the questions they ask in the interview are very different.They would expect you to know coding as well.Though,you have some.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions and technical questions on Appium and manual mobile testing   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WillowTree (Harrisonburg, VA) in October 2018.

Interview

Sent in my resume to WT at my school's career fair. I heard back the same evening of the career fair and was given an on-campus interview the next day. The Interview was behavioral and had some technical questions. Heard back 5 days later and was scheduled for a call with one of the team members. Phone Interview was a deeper dive into technical skills and some fit questions. Heard back 6 days later with an offer!

Overall, it was a wonderful experience. The interview was really friendly and fun. Everyone was friendly and the campus recruiter was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I would recommend this company to anyone!

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at WillowTree (Charlottesville, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted for a phone interview with HR. I was then set up for a technical interview with the Principal Software Test Engineer the following week. The week after was another technical interview with 2 Software Test Engineers. I was then asked to write out a test strategy with some defects and test automation scripts for a game that they provided. The final interview was an all day interview process that took place at HQ in Charlottesville.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WillowTree (Durham, NC) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process with WillowTree was very long and thorough. I went through the following stages:

Jobvite Video Interview
    After submitting my application, I received an invite to do a video interview. A question would appear on the screen, then I had 30 sec - 1 min to prepare my answer, then 1-2 minutes to answer the question. There were 7 or so questions about testing, mobile testing, and behavioral questions.

Technical Recruiter Phone Interview
    I received a call from the technical recruiter (who was extremely nice and kind). We talked for around 30 minutes about my job experience, testing in general, mobile testing, and behavioral questions. I then had time to ask questions about WillowTree and the position.

Phone Interview with Principal Software Test Engineer
    The next phone interview was with the Principal Software Test Engineer. This interview was about 1 hour. I was asked questions about my job experience, testing, test automation, and behavioral questions . This was a more technical interview. I then had time to ask questions.

Durham In-Person Interview
    The next step in the process was an in-person interview. It was an hour-long panel interview with the technical recruiter, a Principal Software Engineer, and 2 Senior Software Test Engineers. I first talked about myself and my experience. I was then asked a few questions about testing in general. Next, I was given a manual mobile testing exercise, and after that I was given a UI automation whiteboarding exercise. Then, I had time to ask questions. I felt that everyone here was very smart and genuinely nice.

Test Project
    Next, I was assigned a test project. I had to write a test strategy, code test automation, and write defects for an app. There was no set deadline for this step. This was a fun project.

HQ In-Person Interview Day
    I applied for the position in Durham, but the last step was a day of interviews at HQ in Charlottesville. I did some whiteboarding, discussed my test project, and was asked questions about my experience, testing, and behavioral / culture fit questions. Again, everyone is smart and helpful, and it seemed like a great company with great people.

The next day, the recruiter asked for my references, and after she talked with my references, I was offered the job.