Xilinx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

Interview

The interview is a phone call interview. The total time keeps about 1 hour. During the interview, the caller asked several questions including algorithms, graph theory, EDA tools, C++ and STL

Interview Questions

Interview

There was a Technical Interview . The questions were fairly basic - mostly on FPGA design. This was followed by a Managerial Interview. Managerial interview was on culture and fit.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx.

Interview

! telephonic followed by onsite. Asked about the digital logic design, my projects at college.
    i had 4 rounds of onsite interview. 2 rounds on digital logic design, one on programming and last one was managerial round

Interview Questions

• Questions about moore and mealy state machines, setup and hold time violations   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

1/2 day with four 30 min interviews onsite. Everyone was personably, open and seemingly honest. The challenge of the role was explained thoroughly as well as the personality mix of the team. Hyper teamwork seemed important and part of the culture. Xilinx is in a growth spirt and it would be a good time to join the company.

Interview Questions

• Q. How do juggle multiple projects?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Resume was forwarded by HR to hiring manager. Hiring manager setup a 30 min interview. The manager spoke about the team and the position.
    After that had a technical phone interview. Was given a coding assignment a week before the phone interview.
    Finally an on-site interview with 8 ppl. Was mostly behavioral and about projects and past relevant experience. Two were technical rounds on C++

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xilinx in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an engineer at Xilinx. Scheduled a phone interview in December 1st week. Phone interview went fine. Had some coding done on google docs. I was told that I would receive a feedback in one/two weeks.

Never heard back even after sending three reminder emails. Not a response.

Layout Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Fine. But tedious. People seemed to be depressed and worry about future. A lot of uncertainty about the acquisition everyone seemed scared. The interview is normal just like other interviews i has been through

Interview Questions

Will be bought by broadcom

Technical Writing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (New York, NY).

Interview

There was an initial phone screen by the recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the Technical Writing Manager. But there was no follow up for almost 3 weeks after that, until I asked for it.

Interview Questions

• About my background, Why Technical Writing?, about my skills etc.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xilinx.

Interview

It is a phone screening process, got a mail from manager to setup an interview. It is a 40 minute interview many focus is on graph theory, analytical reasoning questions in programming and some core technical questions. Interviewer is very helpful and he is trying to provide clues in every stage when ever I couldn't progress.

Interview Questions

• how to calculate size of integer without using sizeof function ?   2 Answers

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I applied through my University's website (simply submitted my resume) and got an email from one of the managers in Finance. I had an on-campus interview a week later and it went well, felt more like a discussion than an interview. Received an invitation for a 2nd round interview in San Jose. Interview consisted of 5 people interviewing me back to back. Everyone was very open and and great to talk to, gave challenging yet reasonable and relevant questions. Best part about it was that I did not feel like anyone was trying to humiliate me or try to show off, all questions and discussions were relevant and not obscure.

Interview Questions

• If you run a regression and the correlation between two variables seems to be abnormal/unexpected, what do you do?   Answer Question