Xilinx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx.

Interview

! telephonic followed by onsite. Asked about the digital logic design, my projects at college.
    i had 4 rounds of onsite interview. 2 rounds on digital logic design, one on programming and last one was managerial round

Interview Questions

• Questions about moore and mealy state machines, setup and hold time violations   Answer Question

FPGA FAE Interview

Interview

Since I applied FAE. Many technical questions about RTL and hardware design, and some algorithm about vidoe. And a lot of questions about how to communicate with and support customer.

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The phone interview was general work-background related.
    There was a good follow up from the time i applied till onsite
    The onsite included multiple rounds for timing, scripting,Logic design, verilog and aptitude.
    I got the results very soon within a week

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Xilinx.

Interview

Couple of phone interviews, nothing too major. Asked about my previous work and to implement a simple verily module.

They want to know that you have the necessary skills and are okay to work with

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Xilinx (Berkeley, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online. After a few weeks, I received an email to interview at our campus career center. The interview around 30-40mins. The recruiter is nice. Many behaviors question and case analysis.

FPGA Verification Engineer Interview

Interview

My resume was floated by a known contact. I had not applied for the position. Since my skills matched with what they were looking for I got a call. The interview was basic, just questions on my resume. But did not receive any response after that. I emailed the manager who took my interview, but she didn't respond and I finally gave up.

Interview Questions

• A question on FIFO depth and Constrained Random Verification   Answer Question

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xilinx (San Jose, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The Interview process was simple. A phone inteview [45 minutes] followed by a 4 round onsite interview a week later. Interview went moderately well except for 1 round.
    Its their attitude and behavior after the interview that really frustrated me. I am a senior engineer working at a semiconductor company in the San Jose. I took half a day off for the interview process. After the interview, the recruiter [I believe his name was Jose] did not bother to reply back to any of my emails. A month and a half since the interview and the recruiter still did not have the decency to reply back to any of my emails regarding my candidacy. I understand if a candidate is not a good match. There is nothing wrong with rejection. But, when you call a candidate for a 5 hour long on site interview and then never get back to them...ever with any feedback, it just goes to show how the company treats its employees or future employees. It does not take more than 2 minutes to get on your computer and send an update to the candidate...whatever that update may be [rejection, closed req, job offered to another candidate]...whatever it is. But, not replying back at all and ignoring the candidate's emails...that is unprofessional for a recruiter and for a company that hires such a recruiter.

ASIC Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xilinx (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

it was a standard interview process. I was asked many simple logic design questions. Most of them are related to basic logic design skills. Such as implementing a comb logic with MUXs

Staff Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xilinx (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I applied online through the website. I was first called by a member of the team, who spent an hour on the phone with me asking about my knowledge in various technical fields, and upon confirmation of each asking more in depth questions. I was then called in for a marathon interview which consisted of meeting with 7 team members for 45 minutes each, as well as a 30 minute presentation on embedded systems performance testing. Being a new graduate, this intimidated me but nonetheless everyone was very kind and understood my low level of expertise and changed their questions accordingly. The interview went well and I received a number of compliments on my demeanor and coursework experience, but the position was intended for someone with experience and I lacked it. Was led to believe I did very well but was not contacted back afterwards, except for a vague response from the HR manager that stated interviews with other candidates were still underway.

Interview Questions

• How would you test for a worst case scenario execution time?   Answer Question
    • Assembly and C programming exercises   Answer Question
    • Related to flip flops, chaining time, response time, setup/hold time etc   Answer Question
    • What are the major components of a mobile embedded system (smartphone) and on a system level (memory, etc) how would a software update be carried out?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(PhD) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xilinx (Irvine, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I saw their internship job posting on LinkedIn/Glassdoor, then I submitted my application through their website. Then within 2-3 weeks a Xilinx engineer contacted me through email saying that they've got my resume from their HR. He offered me an interview on my past work experiences listed on my resume and some hardware/software design principles. I did the interview (a 60-minute phone interview - no phone screens or on-site interviews) with the engineer. It was a great discussion over the 3 unique skillsets I possess for the internship opportunity, which is about FPGA, debugging, and programming language compiler. I was offered the job, but then there was a big misunderstanding about my visa since I am probably just among a handful of students who do a full-time PhD study in the US on a J1 visa (basically they thought they would need to sponsor my work authorization, which they couldn't do, and I am actually sponsored by my university so they can change my work authorization for an internship at the company). But, finally the issue was resolved, thanks to our university immigration advisors who helped advocate for me. I then gladly accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe what you do in your PhD research?   1 Answer
    • Can you describe your FPGA experiences?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

Interview

The interview is a phone call interview. The total time keeps about 1 hour. During the interview, the caller asked several questions including algorithms, graph theory, EDA tools, C++ and STL