athenahealth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

3.1

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA).

Interview

The biggest problem with the interview process was the incredible turnover rate in interviewing and supporting personnel. Added to that was painfully slow response time and seemingly demotivated and disinterested employees. Some interviewers complained about the out of control changes and subsequently, the company culture.

Interview Questions

• Standard mix of technical and character questions, like what is your biggest accomplishment, how do you deal with difficult employees, that sort of thing.   Answer Question

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Belfast, ME) in November 2017.

Interview

After applying, I got an email asking me to call to set up a short, 15 minute phone interview. The interview took more like a half hour. At the end, I was asked to come in for an in person interview two weeks later with other people applying for the same job.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses? Can you tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer? Tell me what you know about athenahealth and the position you're applying for.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone screening and then 5-6 interviews in one day. The interviews were 30-45 minutes depending on cohort level.

Once the interview was completed the turnaround time to hear if you receive an offer was very quick.

Also, the new hire orientation process is excellent.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that will translate into success in he role you are interviewing for?   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at athenahealth (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in one of the popular job platform. First call with him then second call because he could not finish in 30 minutes, followed by call with hiring manager who clearly had not taken the time to read my resume or be briefed by the recruiter then the recruiter never got back to me or responded to my voicemail or emails. Terrible experience.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth.

Interview

Quick, had a interview at my school, then was brought in for some behavior and a coding challenge. They were really nice about it and there is someone in the room to help you but he did not know the language I was using so he was unhelpful.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA).

Interview

Process moved quickly from phone to in-person interviews through a recruiter. HR rep was late to meet me (30+ minutes) both days I showed up to interview and was generally unapologetic. Accounting building is away from the brick and glass main building, and has none of the natural light or modern feel of the flagship building. Interviewers were surprisingly candid about miserable working hours and complications with implementation of a new ERP system.

Interview Questions

• What could you bring to the table with your Big 4 background?   1 Answer

Interview

Was asked the same questions by 4 different people. after each 4 we got a tour of the campus at Water town. All in all a very simple and painless experience

Project Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview and then a 5 round in-person interview. Overall, the questions that were asked were pretty standard, very repetitive. Interviewers were fairly intense, and I could tell they were checking if I also fit into the same athena vibe. I'm not sure if I think it was a good interview or a bad one, but it was certainly intense.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most stressful situation you've ever been in   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

The first two interviews were on the phone. First I spoke with a recruiter and second I spoke with the sales manager. They were very nice and easy going. Next two we had to go into the office.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at athenahealth (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview and it went pretty well. They asked the general questions, going over your resume and what the qualifications of the job entailed. They explained the pay range and what you would be doing on a day to day basis. The next round was a data puzzle. This part of the interview I thought was odd and did not have anything to do with the position I was applying for. There was no way to prepare for what they were going to ask. Once the recruiter told me what to do, she didnt really ask a plain question, I was told to just look at information and tell her what the differences and what happened.

Interview Questions

• How did your previous job relate to this position?   1 Answer