athenahealth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

athenahealth Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

3.1

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at athenahealth.

Interview

It was a basic phone interview which lasted 30 minutes. The next step consisted of a 2 hour interview broken down by 30 min parts. It was pretty casual and felt very comfortable talking to the woman interviewing me

Interview Questions

• describe a challenge you have faced in your previous role- how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

MBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at athenahealth (Boston, MA).

Interview

Went to interview room with three other candidates in the room beside me (awkward). Interviewers bounced around each room and then we were rushed through the office and out of the door.
    Seems like a good place to work. Its growing. Not sure how inspired people truly were with their job, but great structure for an MBA looking for general management skills.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth.

Interview

Recruiter interview - The recruiter is screening you and talking about your experience to see if you are a fit for the role. Casual conversation mixed with key interview questions, Manager interview - If the recruiter feels like you are a fit and passes notes along to the hiring manager. My experience was more of a casual conversation trying to pin down my past management experience and seeing if I was the correct culture fit. I was then interviewed by another manager that was currently in the role I was interviewing for. I was asked more typical behavioral interview questions. F2F Interview in local office - I was asked to meet with 6 people across 3 hours of interviews, more specifically, two people per hour. For each hour about 50% was dedicated to telling me more about the organization so I had a clear indication of what they were about. It wasn't all about drilling me with questions. Questions were a mix of behavioral, legacy and case scenario questions. The company paid for expenses to interview out of town and were very considerate of my schedule. The entire process was very positive. I wanted to go to work for the company because of the way I was treated in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• If an employee exhibited in behavior X given this type of context, how would you handle this scenario? What's the most specific type of feedback you've given a team member? What is your leadership style? Here are a few of the problems our organization is facing... What are your thoughts? What do you do for fun? Tell us more about you? How do you plan to get up to speed on our array of services and products quickly?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at athenahealth.

Interview

Went to their nice offices in watertown. Had behavioral interview and a 2 technical interview. Their office are located in a nice renovated industrial mall. They bought me lunch at their cafeteria.

Interview Questions

• The first interview they asked me to write a tic tac toe like game, in the second they asked me to traverse a tree.   Answer Question

Senior Client Implementation Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied at the start of January 2017 and received an email 2 weeks later from HR to set up a phone interview. The email contained details of the role along with the compensation. My phone interview was at the start of February and lasted about 20 minutes. The phone interview consisted of questions regarding my past experiences and to make sure I was aware of all the details of the position. At the end of the conversation, HR scheduled an interview for 2 weeks out to meet with the hiring managers. The actual interview date was split into 4 sections and lasted about 3 hours. You meet with your HR rep and go over the position and other information. You take 2 tests to determine if you can book flights, hotels, and cars. Then you meet one on one with 2 hiring managers separately and answer interview questions. It was intensive but they make sure you are a good fit and that you are aware of the position's requirements. Two days after the interview HR extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?
      What’s your background?
      Why are you interested in this position?
      Why are you leaving your job?
      Where do you see yourself in 2-5 years from now?
      Describe a time when you gave a presentation?
      Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a client
      If we asked your supervisor what you could improve on what would they say?
      Teach me something
      Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

I was passed over for a position but the HR rep kept in touch with me because he said I was a great fit for the company, he just wanted to find a job that fit. A week after my last email with the HR rep, a new HR rep contacted me regarding an interview (on a Thursday). I responded, thanking him for the opportunity and asking for more information on the job. He did not respond until Tuesday (5 DAYS LATER) stating that he emailed the wrong person! He was unapologetic, chalking it up to a technological error. It was embarrassing and he showed no remorse. Terrible, terrible HR rep.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone screen about programming experience and company, followed by coding challenge via email.

Completed the coding challenge in two days (not terribly difficult) with all stated requirements met, but my recruiter got back to me and asked me to halve the runtime for large inputs. I altered my algorithm to use DP, resubmitted, and after two weeks (this was over Christmas break) I got asked to come in for onsite interviews.

Onsite interviews consisted of 15 minutes with recruiter, 45 minute technical interview with a developer writing pseudocode on a legal pad (explain as you go!), one hour lunch in the dining area with a senior developer (essentially a behavioral interview - past experience, etc), then back upstairs again for 90 minute technical interview on whiteboard/laptop.

For the 90 minute, start on whiteboard, sketch out and explain solution in pseudocode, then write code on laptop in the IDE and language of your choice (hooked up to a big screen so interviewer isn't looking over your shoulder). Everyone strongly emphasized the importance of having a fully functional correct solution written on the computer in code, and preferably optimized, by then end of the 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Novel, but typical, technical interview algorithmic puzzle questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at athenahealth in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online after meeting with them at the career fair. I was contacted within the week and the hiring processes went smoothly after that, although I did not receive an offer it was a good experience.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Call with HR, coding challenge, call with hiring manager, in person (4 hours).

The coding challenge wasn't that hard however the directions were lacking some information - they provided no real explanation for some of the data points involved. When I emailed in a question for clarification - they never responded. Furthermore the hiring manager didn't even review my code (not sure who did). I received an offer but declined because the offer amount was different than what they previously said it would be... Furthermore it was below market rate IMO.

Overall everyone was very nice, solid team it seemed like. Cool offices.

Interview Questions

• They give you a SQL coding challenge that requires a recursive query, you have 6 days to complete it.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

This is a whole day ordeal so get comfortable! When you come in, you'll need to checkin at the front desk to get a visitor's badge and a free lunch voucher that you will redeem during a lunch interview session with one of your interviews. I had two technical sections each of which at the core were very similar in nature.

Interview Questions

• I'm under NDA, sorry. What I will say, is you better get comfortable with dynamic programming. They also say you won't have time to solve the problems, which is very true. Just make sure you say everything you can about your plan of action.   1 Answer