athenahealth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer (Collector Team) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone screen, Phone technical interview over Hackerrank, then on-site interview with 2 technical interviews (1.5 hours where you work through a coding problem with them on your laptop -- not whiteboard coding). Aside from that, there's a lunch with a senior staff member, and a more behavioral type interview where they ask you about stuff on your resume.

Really smooth and streamlined process, best of all the companies I interviewed with! They were very accommodating of my job search timing and were flexible with extra time to decide on their offer.

Interview Questions

• Not going to go into specifics, but they seem to reuse technical questions quite a lot. Check out other Glassdoor posts.   1 Answer

Corporate Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth.

Interview

1 phone screening from recruiter and then a phone screening from the hiring manager. At that point they asked I come in to the office and there were 4 different people interviewing me for 30 minute segments. Much of the interview was describing the athena culture, describing the office, and making sure I understood what they really needed from a Corporate Support analyst within the office.

Interview Questions

• 1. What are your favorite tickets to work on?
      2. What are your least favorite tickets to work on?
      3. If you had to choose between creating knowledge articles, working a complex ticket or fixing an IT issue hands one, which would you choose?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

2 days after an HR phone screen, I was invited to onsite interviews. I had 4 back-to-back half-hour interviews with 1-2 people for each interview, plus a quick chat with an HR representative. Since I met with so many people, I was worried that I would have to give the same answers over and over again, but for the most part different people asked different questions. The team members I met with were very friendly and the interviews felt more like personal chats, I rarely felt like I was being grilled. Most of the interview questions were behavioral questions. The week after my interview, the HR rep who did my phone screen called me and said that I got positive feedback in my interviews, but the team decided they wanted to find an internal candidate for the job. However, the HR rep said that since I got positive feedback, I could contact her if there were other jobs at athena that I was interested in and she would contact the appropriate HR representative directly on my behalf. I did this soon after this conversation and she followed through, which I appreciated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through a campus recruiter and then spent the day at athena attending a presentation, interviewing with a few team members and leading a presentation. Overall, it was a positive experience that was just as useful for them as it was for me!

Interview Questions

• Questions were all pretty basic, there were no questions that were particularly challenging. They were all behavioral.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA).

Interview

I first spoke to an associate at a campus recruiting fair, and then we had arranged for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was invited to an on-site super day. The final round of interviews consisted of a short presentation about the specific group, and then I had 4 30-minute interviews with various members of the team. The questions mostly focused on my past experiences and recalling specific conflict resolution situations.

Interview Questions

• Considering the fact that "learning and teaching" is a large part of athena's culture, describe a time when you had to teach someone about a new subject.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

1st round was with HR. It was a 15 minute behavior interview over skype. After that round I was emailed an excel project to complete and had to prepare a presentation. Second/final round was an on-campus. The visit was 3 hours and included a tour of the facility, project presentation, and interview with 3 employees (associate, senior associate, and manager). Overall the experience was very positive and everyone that I met was very nice and seemed to genuinely love their job.

Interview Questions

• typical behavioral questions
      Why athenahealth?
      Why this specific department?
      run though resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about 6 weeks. There were a total of 3 phases of interview. The first was a phone call from the recruiter asking questions about my qualifications. The second was a Skype interview with the hiring manager to work on a data puzzle. The last phase was a face to face interview for 3 hours with the manager and three other team members. That was the best part. Got to meet the team and see the environment. The interview itself was very informal and lay back. My advice is be prepared and listen to the advice or tips provided by the recruiter. "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." - Benjamin Franklin

Interview Questions

• Why this role and athenahealth?
      Describe a time when you had to communicate to both external and internal stakeholders?
      Describe a time when you had to persuade a senior employee or a manager?
      Other behavioral questions....   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

I was passed over for a position but the HR rep kept in touch with me because he said I was a great fit for the company, he just wanted to find a job that fit. A week after my last email with the HR rep, a new HR rep contacted me regarding an interview (on a Thursday). I responded, thanking him for the opportunity and asking for more information on the job. He did not respond until Tuesday (5 DAYS LATER) stating that he emailed the wrong person! He was unapologetic, chalking it up to a technological error. It was embarrassing and he showed no remorse. Terrible, terrible HR rep.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at athenahealth (Belfast, ME) in November 2016.

Interview

Sent in application through jobpage. Heard back 2 weeks later wanting phone screening. Then visitied the office for 5 in person interviews back-to-back (about 45 minutes each) as well as a group panel at the end.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at athenahealth in July 2016.

Interview

HR Screen, Phone Interview with hiring manager, then 5 interviews on-site and a presentation.

I liked the attempt at seeming like a cool culture. The building was great, everyone brings their dogs to work. That said, the culture is actually toxic. It seems really competitive. Everyone, though nice, seemed intense. Someone mentioned you have to be vocal about wanting to get promoted, which is surprising for a company that pretends to be a cool and collaborative start-up. I ended up not getting the job because I mentioned I wanted to further my education and they needed someone who would be there for several years. It makes sense as they don't provide any support for further education.

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was first invited to have an Initial phone screening. During call, I was invited for a live interview. Hr rep provided assignment that needed to be Completed and presented during my interview. Had to complete assignment and send back prior to interview. There were a total of 4 sets of 45 min discussions with hr rep, managers, associates. Lots of dialogue initiated by myself.