Aramark Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Aramark CEO Eric J. Foss
Eric J. Foss

3,648 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • The work life balance was the reason I took the job (in 67 reviews)

• Great company with great people, helping clients with great solutions (in 121 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance support of leadership is weak cavewhen things get tough they cave (in 107 reviews)

• Lack of connection from the upper management to the workers (in 173 reviews)

1. "Nice company for seasonal work"

Former Employee - Server in Laramie, WY
    Former Employee - Server in Laramie, WY

I worked at Aramark (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of great, interesting locations to work in. Have contracts in some awesome national parks. Not contract work.

Cons

Low paying seasonal work. No benefits for seasonal employees.

2. "Executive Chef"

Current Employee - Executive Chef in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Chef in Houston, TX

I have been working at Aramark full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Aramark is strong National & International Company

Cons

Revise hourly pay than we can compete with the market when we hiring new employees

3. "Good work"

Former Employee - Night Maintenance in Scranton, PA
    Former Employee - Night Maintenance in Scranton, PA

I worked at Aramark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, good times, best supervisor there is

Cons

The hours were offset from standard shift, for instance night shift was 8p-4a, where standard might be 11-7

Advice to Management

Listen

"Fairly Decent."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Huntersville, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Huntersville, NC

I have been working at Aramark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fairly laid back. Not many calls like a regular call center. Set schedules, but voluntary OT pops up from time to time.

Cons

Could use a little more holding team accountable, but they're extremely confrontational. Again, that's the culture that's created, though.

Advice to Management

Being firm doesn't mean that you have to be a grouch and being kind and courteous doesn't mean that you have to be a pushover. Find the balance.

5. "District Manager"

Former Employee - District Manager in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - District Manager in Everett, WA

I worked at Aramark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary and benefits package, incl car allowance.

Cons

Priorities shift / change almost weekly from senior leadership.

Advice to Management

Consider what you can leverage / do, to be a leader in the industry rather than responding from behind.

6. "Cool Job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Aramark part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool job, great atmosphere, upper management were cool, paid well

Cons

like most places when season was coming to an end they didn't want tell you when to expect the lay off

7. "A great experience"

Current Employee - Production Chef in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Production Chef in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aramark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Well, in my experience working for five years there is the team work, deferent type of food we prepare. I like the way organize the menus.

Cons

Avery day I have challenges, and I always see a way to finish them.
    Aramark to me, was end still being my perfect job ever. I'm very thankful.

Advice to Management

Well , I will say more team work. And make us always feel as a family that's very important to my because in that way I feel more motivate every day.

"A2L Program"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aramark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people. From the 1st day, I felt that I had support but also plenty of autonomy to make my own management decisions that would directly impact the business. Lots of trust from directors and other managers to accept someone straight out of college and let them manage others. Overall really great program and I highly recommend it!

Cons

Not knowing what the next steps are. Aramark doesn't do a very good job communicating what the next steps are for graduates. I'm still not sure if I'll have an opportunity to move and still stay with the company.

"I feel overworked and burnt out from working many long hours and frequently 6 days a week"

Current Employee - Catering Manager in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Catering Manager in Newark, DE

I have been working at Aramark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best part about working here is doing something a little different everyday. Different menus, locations, clients. I never get to bored or frustrated by doing the same thing everyday.

Cons

The long hours, the very few days off, vacation requests getting denied. I do love a lot about the job but the hours are literally 24 hours a day. Any hour of any day of the week

10. "Slave Away For Little Raises"

Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Cullowhee, NC
    Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Cullowhee, NC

I have been working at Aramark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work for Aramark on a college campus so most of the other coworkers would be other college students. Give or take a few of the locals living nearby. So often or not I would be working with friends.

If you work really hard you get a chance to be noticed for that and can get rewards such as gift cards, prizes, and PTO. Not the greatest gifts but can be pleasant surprises.

With Aramark being prevalent around the area and the State, you can transfer to other locations easily enough if need be.

Cons

Biggest cons is the management. I don't know if it was the locations I worked at or what but management here was really lack luster. Everyone pretended to help while looking for excuses to yell at you and act like they knew what they were doing. The moment they didn't need to be there they would hide back in their offices and look at their phones for hours until we were swamped with customers and had to come help.

Aside from management, moving up in wage is little to impossible. They can only boost you up $0.25 if you get a great evaluation from your location manager. But you only get raises once a year. If you take up a supervisor position you can get a $1.00 raise but that position just makes you the scapegoat for whatever manager you have at your location.

Last thing would be discipline and hiring. They will yell at you all they want but you would never be fired. Had lots of coworkers just not show up for work with no notice, which would lead to immediate firing due to their policy, but they still didn't fire them. We would be left short handed and without help because of this guy and they still kept him scheduled instead of replacing him. That aside they will hire anyone with a pulse but don't fire anyone so if they hired terrible people you are stuck working with them until they give up.

Advice to Management

Take time to get to know your employees and compliment and encourage the ones who care about their jobs and work hard. Fire those who break the rules and bring the rest of the restaurant crew down. And give more for raises for those that go above and beyond for your company instead of giving them hardly anything to live off of.

Showing 3,648 of 3,757 reviews