Aramark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aramark Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

2.3

Student Worker Interview

Interview

This was the easiest interview ever! They barely ask anything. Some basic questions such as whether you have a valid SSN or a prior experience in dining services. What time would and hours would you be able to work? The managers I have had so far were very friendly and understanding.

Interview Questions

• They asked the questions on what your schedule is?   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aramark (Houston, TX).

Interview

Two of my direct managers interviewed me and asked questions that were appropriate and necessary for the job. It was not long at all and it started tge work relationship between me and the managers.

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aramark (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview went fairly quick and the interviewer made me feel very comfortable I was asked about my experience in customer service. Then in turn I was offered another position. Then I asked to come in for a second interview.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aramark (Irvine, CA).

Interview

-I was interviewed by 2 people
    - I was asked a few questions
    - I was given some background information on management
    - I was given some tips
    - I was given the opportunity to ask questions
    The interview process was more a formality so I could meet my bosses higher ups and so they could meet me.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I thought about my boss, how I thought we were doing, and how we could improve the location.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aramark (Toledo, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Had received an email to come in and do a face to face with the GM. Next day was emailed to come in and interview with VP of operations. Both interviewers were very laid back and basic questions.

Caterer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aramark.

Interview

It was a very brief process for me because I was working in another department at the time. The HR director is very nice and they also bring in the head of the department.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

I applied online and a guy from talent acquisition contacted me for a phone interview on a Friday. He told me that I should hear from the sales manager covering Virginia the following Monday and if I did not I should contact him. The manager did call while i was not able to answer the phone and let a message to contact her. I did for the next 2 days with no answer. On the third say, I found the email addresses for her and the acquisition guy at corporate to say that I never did get the chance for the second interview with the manager and I was not getting any replies. After hearing nothing from this, I called the acquisition manager who acted like he didn't know me and didn't want to talk to me, He tells me the manager had chosen someone and never explained why i was referred if there was plainly no intention to even return my calls much less give the promised interview. A full week after the first contact, I got an email from the manager apologizing for blowing me off and telling me the job was filled. I am not sure I was ever truly being considered. I have no doubt that I was used as an EEOC token for the HR process.

UPDATE: 3 weeks after being told the job was filled, I discovered the same exact position posted on the company website. I applied again to see what will happen.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Aramark in April 2017.

Interview

I applied at my school's career fair in March 2017. The next day I interviewed in person on campus. They ask basic behavior questions. When have you don't this or that. Two days later I was emailed and told I made it to the selection phase. I completes a geographical preference form. About 3 weeks later, I was called and told they had a position for me. It wasn't one of my top 3 locations but it was exactly the type of position I wanted. July 17th is my start date.

Step Up II Leadership Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aramark in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online 04/18/2017 for the Step Up 2 Leadership program. Received an email on 04/20 to 'like' them on Facebook and take a geographical survey for where I wanted to be located (mind you this is only a 10-12 week paid program and I'm not relocating for that...) and to attach my resume and they'd get back to me within 2 weeks if I was eligible for the video interview. Flash forward to 04/24 and I received the video interview link and another geographical survey along with preferences for the field I wanted to be in. Did the interview (see questions below) and it said it'd be up to four weeks. Received an email 05/12 letting me know I was eligible and they were looking where to place me. My options are very limited since I won't relocate for that program (willing to relocate for Accelerate 2 Leadership program though) and my field is one of the limited availability ones unfortunately. But at least I was found eligible and am sitting in the pool!

Timeline:
    04/18/17 - Applied
    04/20/17 - Received Geographical questionnaire and must 'like' them on fb, re-attach resume
    04/24/17 - Received another geographical questionnaire and video interview link
    05/12/17 - Found eligible for Step Up 2 Leadership Program and awaiting for placement.

Interview Questions

• 1. Discuss a time you had an upset or unsatisfied customer?   Answer Question
    • 2. Tell us about a time where you inspired people to follow you?   Answer Question
    • 3. Proudest moment in work or club environment?   Answer Question
    • 4. Position I worked in that made me feel uncomfortable? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • 5. In conclusion, why are you a perfect fit for Aramark?   Answer Question

S2L Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aramark in April 2017.

Interview

Kind of awkward pre-recorded video interview. Questions are written out and you record yourself on webcam giving a 2 minute max. answer to about 5 questions. Had opportunity to re-record each question one more time.

The worst part about all of this is that you don't have contact with an actual person, just a bunch of automated emails and robots. I got an email a week after I filled out the eligibility survey and did my interview saying they could not find a position that fit my preferences. However, here's the weird part. The week after that they also sent me another email saying I was moving onto the next phase due to a great interview. All in all, it's a very unorganized process and it would serve them well to try and have a little more human contact. The questions were pretty standard too.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had an upset or unsatisfied customer? What was the situation? How did you deal with it? What was the result?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you inspired others to follow your direction.   Answer Question
    • Name your greatest accomplishment at an organization/club.   Answer Question
    • What is a position that you have worked in that made you feel uncomfortable? What factors made you uncomfortable and how did you manage to overcome the situation?   Answer Question
    • Write an elevator pitch for why you'd be a good fit at Aramark.   Answer Question